Not Like Everyday

Hold Me Tight
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's POV:

Chaeyoung has been feeling lonely and empty ever since that day or more like she was still in the past not wanting to move forward because she was scared of what was to come. No matter how many friends she makes, they just seem to be walking out of her life. That was usually because she moved around so much and she wasn't that social. Even her love life seems to be failing. All she has is her family.

Chaeyoung's brother, Jin, is three years older than her and her mom remarried two years after her father's death to a divorced man with a kid named Jimin. Jimin was about the same age as Chaeyoung, but Jimin and Jin would always share rooms with Jimin sleeping on the air mattress when he visited his dad and they got along well. Jimin was living with his mom and step-dad and would visit his dad every month. However, Jimin and Chaeyoung would be very awkward around each other, of course, this was normal for girls and boys after all.

Chaeyoung has been busy moving into their new place and all of this made her think of the big change that happened in her life. It made her realize that life isn't always easy and now its time to grow up and step out of her comfort zone.


Flashback to the day that changed Chaeyoung's life:
Waking up at 8:00 am to go to school was painful for this 10 year old girl. Chaeyoung got up and got ready like everyday, but this day was not like everyday. Chaeyoung's dad has cancer and was very fatigue so he couldn't move much. This went on for a few months already when he came back from the hospital after surgery. He didn't seem to be getting better, so her mom was always there to take care of her sick husband.

As she walked out the door she glanced back at her gaunt-looking father on the couch. A tear formed in her rounds eyes. She quickly wiped it with the back of her hand and bid her farewell before heading to school.

"Good bye dad! good bye mom!" Chaeyoung shouted on her way out of the

Please log in to read the full chapter