thirty nine: across the ocean, across the sea

Last Love | G-dragon fanfic

[ Jieun p.o.v. ]

Four days had gone by, and my life had been as boring as ever without Jiyong oppa. I wake up everyday in the morning to go to work, and in the afternoon I would be over at Blackpink dorm, hanging with the girls. Sometimes, they would even asked me to sleep over at their place. 

Every nights Jiyong oppa would call me and we would just talked for hours and hours. Two more days left to go and I would finally get to see him again. I never realized it could be this hard to be away from each other. The last time I thought two days weren't actually that bad but apparently you would really start to feel the differences on day three. My schedule had been the same throughout this passed four days and I started to get sick of everything. I just felt so dull, lifeless and felt like a part of me was missing somehow.

I missed him so much.

This morning after Blackpink finished recording for their music shows, Jennie asked me to come over to help her picked out some clothes for donation and we were going to shot some photos for her makeup products sponsership. I didn't really have anything to do at home since Jiyong oppa already told me he was going to be at the rehearsal all day today so I just decided to come.

"Unnie!" I looked up from my phone and saw Lisa was running toward me and Jennie from her bedroom, "I went to get my flim camera developed today and looked at these photos I took of you the day we went to that korean barbeque place."

Lisa handed me her phone as she was showing me all the photos she took of us the day we first went out together. There was a couple of me and Jennie, but the one that I found super adorable was the one of me with Kai, one of Jennie's doggo. He was super cute and it really got me thinking about having a pet on my own so I won't be all alone when Jiyong oppa wasn't around like this.

"Woah, you look really pretty in all of them." Jennie gasped as she took a look at all the photos, "Jieun, post it on your instagram~." She cheered.

"Yeah, also I just followed you yesterday and you haven't followed me back yet, unnie." Lisa said, pouting cutely.

I chuckled at her silliness, "Yah..I am not really on it a lot, you should have just told me in person. I wouldh have checked it right now." 

Unlocking my phone, I opened up the instagram app and followed Lisa back like she asked me to.

"Jieun, here. Follow me too." Jennie said, as she reached for my phone and looked up herself before clicking a 'follow' button, "Yah, why you only have 3 posts on here." Jennie complained as she scrolled through my profile. 

"I don't really have anything to post that's why. I don't really take any photos" I explained.

"Here, just post this photo Lisa took of you and started posting more from now on, arasso?" Jennie told, "You are considered a public figure now. Post more, so you started getting those sponsored posts, with the amount of followers you got here, Jieun-ah, you could be making like millions a post."

"Really? Wow...I didn't know that." I said, not really getting how that would actually work out but since Jennie said so, I trusted her, "So should I post this one then?" 

"Yea, unnie. Post it. You look so pretty in all of them, just post all." Lisa suggested.

"Arhhh, Ani. Let just post only one." I rebuked

"And.....unnie, tag me too. Give me some credits." Lisa fake whined and I playfully rolled my eyes at her for being so picky but just did it anyways.

I posted the photos, and within a second I recieved over thousands likes. There were so many people commenting on the photo as well. 

"Yah...Jieun-ah, your popularity is no joke." Jennie said as she kept refreshing my post from her instagram page, "Yah, look at all these comments. Omo unnie, yeppuda. Unnie jinjja yeppo. So pretty. Love you Jieun unnine." Jennie read out some of the comments under my photo and made all the different sounds.

"Unnie, you got such a pretty face and nice body though. Why don't you consider doing modeling or something?" Lisa asked up and still looking at the flim photos of me that she took.

"I just don't find it that entertaining and my mental health isn't built for that." I said, "I used to do a lot of modeling stuffs too back at home to pay for my own expenses cause I didn't want to ask my parents for money to buy stuffs. But it really was just too tough for me. The diet, the criticism from people, the long and unusual working hours. I still don't know how can you guys keep up with that."

"I mean we like the artists part of our career, unnie. But apart from that it kinda like something we were forced to do to keep our career as an artist. We need to stay up with the trend, needed to collab with other people from other industries because we needed the connections to get bigger as a singer." Lisa explained.

"It's impossible to not do any of it if you want to be like really really successful." Jennie added, "Sometimes I am so tired of it too, but what to do, we just get started. We have to do anything to make our connections with other people in the same industry as us."

Looking at both of them, "Well, I can guarantee you guys are going to be so famous in the future that we probably won't even have times to meet up and hang like this anymore." I said.

"Aniyooo~ We will always meet up like this and hang out together like this forever, unnie. You are like a part of us now. The 5th member of blackpink." Lisa cooed, coming in for a hug.

I laughed at her statement and hugged her back, "I am gonna miss you guys so much when that time comes."

 

********************

 

Later in that day I went back home around 10 p.m. at night, took a quick shower and got ready to call Jiyong oppa in bed. While I was waiting for his call, I texted the girl a goodnight and let them know I and arrived home safely on our group chat and I noticed there was a notification coming from Jiyong oppa an hour ago on my instagram post.

                   "xxxibgdrgn commented on your post: 아름다워요.❤️보고 싶어 😔😭"            [ translate: you are so gorgeous❤️, I miss you so much.😔😭]   

I smiled at his comment and liked it. I also noticed Jennie and Lisa's saw Jiyong oppa's comment as they left a comment below that as well.

                                     "jennierubyjane mentioned you in a comment: @xxxibgdrgn @so_jieun 귀여워....🥺"          [translate: so cute...🥺]

"lalalalisa_m mentioned you in a comment:  😩부러워                                                           [translate: 😩so jealous]

And there were thousands and thousands more comments from the fans. At first, I told myself I was not going to waste my times reading any negative comments but before I knew it, my hand was already far ahead from my head. Even though the majority of the comments were just genuine compliments, and requests for me to be more active on social media but there were still some hatred just like I thought. 'Stay away from Jiyong please, you don't deserve him.' 'Where is Jiyong? you guys break up already?' They read. I frowned as I read through some more and stumbled across another evil ones. 'She looks underage lol. Maybe that's why Jiyong goes for her..'

I let out a loud sigh and forced myself to put my phone away....What did I even do to them to begin with? What did they mean when they say I am young and that was the only reason why he was dating me for? Wasn't it too rude to say to someone you don't know that they don't deserve something? I didn't get it. How could people be saying something this terrible toward someone they had never even met.

My phone vibrated from the nightstand as it notified that I had just recieved a text. I checked and it was from Jiyong oppa. I frowned a little as he said he wouldn't be able to make it tonight and called me. Apparently, their schedule got mixed up and the interview for a magazine had to be rearrange to tonight right after the show. Deep down inside of my heart I was a bit upset since I had been missing him all day but I knew that I shouldn't be. So with that, I quickly texted him back.

To: GD

It's okay, oppa. I totally get it. Get some rests after the interview okay? I love you. Good night. ❤️❤️❤️

And with that I turned off my phone and went straight to bed. Just two more nights and I wouldn't be sleeping alone anymore.

 

******************

2 days later.

[ GD p.o.v. ]

This morning I wake up with the best feeling ever. I couldn't stop smiling, couldn't stop talking, and couldn't stop myself from looking at the watch almost every second of the days. After a week, I would finally get to see my girlfriend again today. She was flying straight from Seoul to be with my in Phillipines for our show tonight.

The passed few weeks had been very tough for me, mentally and physically. I had a long working hours from early in the morning 'till later at night. I had to put up my strength to the max every single day and once the show was over, I would feel like my body completely shut down. It had been hard to stay in contact with Jieun as well as trying to find a times to get some rests, I tried to call her every single days at the very first few days but for the passed two days, I just really couldn't but lucky for me because she had been very understanding and supportive. 

"Hyung-ah, are we leaving soon?" I asked my manager right after the rehearsal was over.

"Yeah, all set. We can leave as soon as you are ready." Taehee hyung said.

"Okay, hyung. I wil go wash up and change. See you outside in a bit." I informed and quickly went for a shower in one of the bathroom in the backstage dressing room.

 

****************

 

It was about a half an hour car ride from the arena to the airport. In the car, there were Taehee in the front passenger seat and I sat on the back with Jaeho hyung, the head security. 

"Jiyong-ah, are you going to go wait inside or you want us to just go get Jieun and you wait in the car."  Taehee asked as we were approaching the airport driveway.

"I am going to go with you guys. I am here to pick her up anyways, what's the point of waiting in the car." I snickered.

And then we got out at the front entrace, the three guards that were standing at the front door automatically proceeded toward me, as they had already been given notice that I would be arriving.

People started to stop and stared. They eventually figured out who I was and started to follow us around making it even harder for us to spot Jieun.

"Jiyon-ah, can you text her to meet us at the exit 3B. Tell her, we are heading there, probably doesn't take longer than 3 minutes."  Taehee uttered.

I took my phone out and right away sent Jieun a text. I was so excited to see her that my hands were getting all sweaty. My heart was beating out of my chest and I tried to remain calm. The crowd had started to build up around us in circle and everyone was fliming, taking photos of me through their phone cameras. It was making me even more panic than I already was.

And there we stood, in front of the exit door 3B waiting upon Jieun's arrival. 

"Yah, how can they even recognize you with these?" Taehee muttered playfully at me. 

"I don't know either. I guess they remember you and Jaeho hyung." I chuckled, shaking my head slightly, "You guys are actually pretty famous. I shouldn't have brought you with me."

We shared a little laugh before our eyes turned back focusing at the exit door. The door slide closed and opened for a couple of times and during that time, there were people walking out from there so it made it even harder to spot Jieun right away through the crowd. 

"Ah, there she is. Jieun-shi!" With a sharp eyes he got indeed, Jaeho hyung was the first person to spot Jieun at his sight. 

He quickly walked up toward her and took her belongings from the other two guards who I guessed had been accompanying her since she landed. Everyone who was gathering around us were screaming and began shouting out both of our names. My heart was already beating so fast earlier and now that Jieun was right in front of me, I thought I was going to pass out.

Without wasting anymore timse, I made my way toward my girl and threw my arms around her. We hugged and it was the best hug I had ever recieved in the pass few days from anyone. I held her so tight as she buried her face in my neck.

"I miss you so much, baby." I mumbled into her shoulder and we slowly pulled away. 

For the second there I just totally forget about everything, my ears completely blocked out all the screams from the crowd and the fact that there were hundreds of people surrounding us everywhere we went.

"I miss you too, oppa." She smiled up at me.

"How was the flight?" I asked.

"It was fine. I slept the whole entire time so I am pretty engetic right now." She said with a small chuckle and I patted my hand gently on top of her head.

"Good. good." I said, "Let's get going, baby...the crowd is building up, I am worried about your safety." I told her and she nodded knowingly.

We walked out of the airport, hands in hands the whole entire times and even though there were a great number of fans still running after us, we just didn't really care. We were both just so happy to see each other and all I wanted to do at that moment was just looking at my girl.

Taehee and Jaeho oppa were walking ahead of us as they still have to go put Jieun's suitcase in the trunk of the car.

"I can't wait for you to see the show tonight." I spoke up as we were crossing the street in front of the airport to get to the parking lot. I put my arm around her shoulder, drawing her closer to me before I lovingly pecked her forehead even though I wanted to kiss her so bad, that was the most I could do with people holding up their phones to our faces like that.

"Me too, oppa. This is probably the first time I have ever been to your concert. Like an actual one not just a live performace." Jieun said.

"Yeah, well let just hope you like it." I said as we were approaching the car and one of the guard stepped up, holding the door open for me and Jieun. I stepped aside and let Jieun get in first before I followed.

As soon as the car door shut behind us, I pulled her toward me and we kissed. I kissed her so hard that I felt like I was going to leave a bruise on her lips but at that moment I just didn't care anymore. I ran my hand through her hair as I kissed her harder. 

"Oppa..can't breath." Jieun chocked on her breath through the kiss and placed her hand on my chest, gently pushing me away.

"Sorry. I just miss you so much." I said with a chuckle.

"hahaha, I could tell. Trust me." Jieun smiled at me and I went in for another kiss but this time it was just a small peck on her lips.

"I have a surprise for you too tonight." I said, smirking at her.

"What surprise, oppa?" Jieun whined, "Ugh..I hope you didn't buy any gifts or do anything for me. You are making me feel bad. I didn't get you anything." 

"It's okay, baby. You being here. That's already the best gift I could ever ask for." 

"Well if that so then don't get me anything, oppa. Because being here with you is already the best gift for me too." Jieun said, copying my words.

I looked at her, slowly my face broke into a smile, "It's not a gift or anything, baby. You will see. Tonight." I said. 

Taehee and Jaeho hyung eventually got in the car and we headed right back to the stadium.

 

*******************