forty-five: all alone

Last Love | G-dragon fanfic

Pacing back and forth in his hotel room, Jiyong runs his hand over his hair with a phone holding up to his ear as he waits for the person he has been calling to pick up. It has been over an hour since they got back to the hotel and there is still no sign of Jieun anywhere. Even though, they spent about thirty minutes driving around the street near the restaurant, Jieun was nowhere to be found. 

"Pick up the damn phone, Jieun c'mon." Jiyong cusses under his breath.

He is beyond frustrated, not at anyone but himself. If something is to happen to her, he is the only one to be blamed for.

"Jiyong-ah, you need to calm down. We're for sure going to find her. It's just the matters of when and where." Hyerim claims with her best steady voice.

Throwing his phone on the bed, Jiyong walks toward the couch and plops down beside Taeyang. 

"How is this even possible? We have like twenty guys out there, looking for one girl and they are taking over an hour to find her. Are they even trying at all?" Jiyong grumbles.

Everyone else in the room doesn't seem to have much to say after that as the room falls into quietude for a moment. During those long pauses, no one dares to voice out a single word, not even Seungri who is known to be the master of breaking the awkward silence. Though, a lot of sighing can still be heard, the surrounding air remains very serious and tight.

"If they don't find her in an hour, let's just tell Sajangnim about this. I am pretty sure if there is anyone Jieun is going to reach out to during a time like this, it has to be him." Top finally speaks up, thoughtfully.

"But if we tell Sajangnim, he is going to kill us, hyung." Seungri voices, "He is going to be so mad. I could already tell."

"It doesn't matter. At the end of the day, if something really happens to Jieun, he is going to kill us anyways so why not give it a try." Taeyang advices, "Let's just wait for another hour like Top hyung said. And if the polices still couldn't find her. We will just call Sajangnim." 

"Ugh...I can't believe I am dumb enough to even let this happens in the first place." Hyerim groans, "I should have went to the party with you guys last night." 

"Well then maybe next time come, noona." Top chuckles, "I am going to head back to my room now. If you guys need help or Jiyong, if you need me just call, okay? I will be right over." 

"Thank you, hyung." Jiyong lightly smiles at his older brother, "Sorry again for causing you so much troubles."

"It's alright. I guess I will see you guys then."  Top says his goodbye, before making his way back to his room.

 

*******************

 

Not expecting much apart from a peaceful quiet room upon his enter, Top is a little confused as he tries to remember if he did leave the light switch on when he left the place or is it just a technical disorder that all the lights in his room were on the second he walks in.

"What the..." 

Nearly bolted out the door that second he sees a back of a woman as she is standing at the end of his bed and looking out to the balcony. Thank god he recognizes the outfit she is wearing, otherwise Top could only imagine how terrifying it would have been for him to think that this woman is somebody else or a burglar.

"Jieun?" He calls in the same second that she turns around. 

"Oppa.." 

Her eyes are both all red and swollen, probably from how much she has been crying for the passed hour. Top didn't think he even needed to ask her what caused such sadness as he immediately reaches out and pulls her toward him. 

"Oh my god, we've been worrying sick about you!" He mutters while soothing the poor girl with his warm embrace.

"I am sorry..." She cries and buries her face into his chest.

"It's okay, Jieun-ah." He cooes, rubbing his head up and down her back, "Don't cry. Everything is going to be okay." 

The two slowly parts, pulling away from eachother and Top looks down at the poor girl and he feels nothing but sorry toward her. As much as he loves Jiyong, and as long as he has known him for much longer than he knows of Jieun, he couldn't force himself to be on his side this time.  

"How did you even get here?" Top knows it isn't the question he should be asking, but to solve his curiousity, he really just has to ask.

"I just get a cab." Jieun mumbles, "And about your room, I kinda asked for a key down at the reception desk. They recognize me so..."

"Now, this can lead to very unpleasant headline if someone was to spot you sneaking into my room like this." He jokes, trying to cheer her up and it was a success.

", I totally forget to think about that." She chuckles, "I just really don't know who to go to, oppa...I mean I was for sure not planning to go back to my own room. But then I don't know anybody else's room number apart from yours cause you are just like right next door from us."

Her explanations sound very convincing and reasonable although it still isn't clear the true reason behind her actions. Top assumes she just really doesn't want to see anybody right now and he should feel honored that she trusts him enough to be standing there in his room.

"Are you alright?" He manages to say, not knowing exactly how to get her to open up to him

"I've had better..." She shrugs, "I honestly just don't know what to do right now."

"Maybe try to talk it out with him first. I know you're mad and upset and everything. You have all the rights to be but just give him a chance to explain himself at least."

"But I did give him a chance to tell me. He just chose not to." Jieun sighs, "This morning Kiko called him and I remembered clearly asking him if she was there at the party. He told me no."

"That bastard.." Top sighs.

"I don't know what to do, oppa. I am so lost and I feel so stupid giving that I just-" 

Immediately realising what she is about to say, Jieun quickly cut herself off.

"Can I just sleep here for the night...please. I will sleep on the couch." Jieun begs, pleding Top with her eyes.

As much as he wants to say 'no' to her, he knows he couldn't bring himself to do so. She trusts him. Out of everybody else, she trusts him and that is why she comes to him in the first place.

"Of course, you can. Actually just sleep here for the night, I will just go sleep with one of the boys." Top explains.

"I am not giving you a hard time, am I...?" Jieun asks, worriedly, "I am so sorry. I know this is just me and Jiyong oppa's issue and I am literally dragging you into this."

"Jieun." Top reaches out and places his hands on top of her shoulders, "Stop apologising. You have nothing to be sorry for. I am the one who should be sorry for how Jiyong treated you. Please just stay here for the night. I will manage."

"Thank you, oppa. I owe you this time." Jieun smiles.

Grabbing his essentials and throws them into his carry on bag, Top then leaves the room, allowing Jieun to have all the privacy she needs. 

 

*******************

 

[ GD p.o.v. ]

*Knock Knock*

"Coming!" 

Wrapping a towel around my waist after I just steps out of the shower, I rushes to the door hoping the person who is standing on the other side of the wall is someone I have been looking for the whole night.

"Oh." I breathes out in disappointment when I sees the familiar face, "Hyung, what's up..." 

"I am sleeping here with you tonight." He simply addresses before entering the room as if it is his.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion, "What..?" 

I close the door behind him and follow him into my room. I watch as he casually throws his luggage onto the couch and sits at the foot of the bed.

"Okay, what's going on, hyung?" I asks.

"She is in my room." 

"She?" 

"Your girlfriend, Jieun. She is back and she is staying in my room tonight."

Hearing so, I quickly head back into the bathroom to finish putting on my clothes.

"Jiyong-ah, you are not going there. Jieun needs to be alone right now." 

I heard his voice coming from the living room. But at that point, I don't even care what he is saying anymore. I just need to talk to my girlfriend and make up for everything. I can't take another night hiding the truth from her.

"Jiyong, I swear if you go there, you only going to upset her more." Top hyung warns, "She trusts me and comes to me. I promise her I won't tell you she is there. She really wants to be alone tonight."

I sigh, finish putting on my pants and come out of the bathroom. I join Top hyung on the couch and plop down next to him lifelessly.

"You think so, hyung?" I asks, doubting my decision.

"Just give her some times..." Top hyung pats me lightly on my back, "Everything is just happening all at once for her. You guys had a big night yesterday and now she just found out you have been lying to her and stuff."

I nod slightly, agreeing with him.

"She trusted you, Ji." He says, shaking his head.

"I know right. I totally it up real bad, didin't I?" I grunts, "Ugh, should not have ing gone to that stupid party." 

"It is too late now. You went and kind of messed it up so now let think about how to make it right. I am sure she will come around."

As much as I hate to wait untill tomorrow to make thing right, I know Top hyung is right. Jieun loves me and hopefully, as much as I do love her. She won't give up on us just as easily and I am willing to do whatever it takes for her to forgive me.

 

*******************

 

The next morning

I was waken up by Hyerim noona's loud knock just like every other day. Me and Top hyung got up and quickly get dressed. We have our next show scheduled in China and our flight is leaving in about an hour or two. I didn't even have time to go to see Jieun although that was the first thing I wanted to do that morning but as we finished dressing up, Hyerim noona asked me and Jieun to meet up at her room before we left the hotel. 

Stepping inside, my eyes get caught with Jieun's and she quickly turns away, not wanting to even look into my face as we begin to talk

"Listen, I know the two of you are having an issue and all but let think like an adult here, alright?" Hyerim noona begins, "The media already has a lot to say about what happened so let's not give them anymore dramas to talk about. Jieun."

I watches as Jieun finally lifts up her pretty face and looks at Hyerim noona. Although, I wish I could just have a minute alone with her and talks it through I know I don't have the time to do that right now. I have to wait and after all that happened between me and her, the last thing I want is to slow down everyone else in the team  just beause I need to make something up with my girlfriend.

"Jieun, I know you are upset and everything and you have all rights to be but could you just please...act normal. Like nothing happened and you two are fine."

Jieun looks confused at first but she easily nods, "Yeah, unnie. I get it." 

"Thank you..." Hyerim noon breathes out in relief before she turns to look at me. Her eyes shift from a soft glance into a strong glare. 

"And you, you know what to do. You have been in this industry long enough." She says.

"Arasso, noona."

"Okay, now let's get going. Just a head up for you two, there are a little extra reporters and paparazzi waiting downstairs today. So be careful and by that I mean please don't start arguing in front of everyone else."

"I am not going to argue with my girlfriend in front of everyone, noona. I am not that stupid. Don't worry about it." I mumbles.

Walking toward Jieun who is already looking at me with a stern look on her face. I sigh, knowing she is still very upset but has to deal with her own emotion and put up with me being up close to her anyways to protect my images. I feel bad but I know there is nothing else I could do to make this less complicated than it already is. 

I reaches down and grabs her hand. Thank god for her understanding and kind heart, she allows me to guide her as we head downstairs.