XXX.

My First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trigger warning: homophobic remarks

 

 

--------------------

A week had passed since Wendy had that 'talk' with Jisoo. She was wondering how the latter was doing. But she didn't want to bother her so she just opted to give the doctor space and time to heal.


Wendy was on her way to meet Irene in their favorite restaurant. She asked her girlfriend to have dinner with her. She wanted to tell Irene how her talk with the doctor went and also, to tell her something important. After an hour, she pulled up her car in the parking space of the restaurant. She didn't have to worry about her and Irene's identities because it is one of the high-end restaurants where top celebrities and members of the high society come.


She entered the place and looked for her girlfriend. After roaming her eyes around the place, she spotted her already sitting on the far right corner of the restaurant. 


"Hey, I'm sorry I'm late," Wendy said. She kissed Irene on the cheek then sat opposite her.


"It's okay, love. I didn't wait that long anyway," Irene reassured her.


When Wendy was already settled on her seat, Irene asked her something.


"How did that talk with Jisoo go?" 


"Hmmm..." Wendy pondered for a bit.


"It surprisingly went well. I thought it would be hard to talk to her because you know... feelings and all that. I guessed she already accepted the reality even though it was hard. But I can't give her what she wants. I have you already and I don't want to hurt you," Wendy explained. 


Irene hummed, slowly digesting all the things Wendy said. Wendy was looking expectantly at her. Maybe she did that to see a reaction from her because as far as her girlfriend knows, she reacts badly when she hears Jisoo's name. She gave Wendy a comforting smile, a sign that everything's fine.


"It's good to know that your talk ended well. Now, we can only pray that she heals and finds a person who will love and accept her wholeheartedly."


"Yeah, I hope so," Wendy answered her girlfriend back.


"By the way, what is that important thing you told me about over the phone?" Irene asked her.


"Oh, that! I'll tell you later, love. We should eat first." Irene nodded as an approval.

 

When the two were done eating, it was Wendy who broke the silence first and spoke.


"My family wants to meet you," Wendy stated.


"What?" Irene was shocked. She was thinking it was too soon to meet her girlfriend's family. They still have to address some issues regarding their relationship. But she guessed it was also high time they talk about it so they could move past them.

 

 

FLASHBACK:


Wendy was cooking her lunch when her phone suddenly rang. Her aunt Jessica was calling her.


"Hello, aunt Jessica! Why did you call me?" Wendy asked.


"Dad wants to meet your girlfriend." She heard from the other line.


"Oh really? I think she'll be shocked but don't worry, I'll tell Joohyun when I see her. Bye! Love you!" 


"Okay, love you too!" Jessica then hung up the call.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

"I told my aunt that you will be shocked and you really got shocked." Wendy chuckled. She then reached for her girlfriend's hand and caressed it to somehow assure her girlfriend that she would be fine. 


"Don't worry, love. I'll be by your side." 


"Love, I have something to tell you," Irene interjected. This piqued Wendy's interest so she looked at her girlfriend, urging her to continue. 


"I already met your aunt Jessica."


"Really? When?" This was the first time Wendy was hearing this story.


"After your grandfather took you somewhere far away," Irene mumbled but enough for Wendy to hear. 


"I begged her not to break up with you and I thought she was going to slap me or spat some hurtful words but she didn't. She even comforted me and gave me some advice." 


Wendy smiled, hearing that her aunt welcomed Irene with open arms.


"Aunt Jessica may appear cold outside but she is a really warm-hearted person. I'm happy that she accepted you. Now, I can't wait to introduce you to the rest of my family." 


"Me too, love."


--------------------


Wendy and Irene finally stepped out of the car to go inside the Jungs' mansion. Wendy led her girlfriend in front of the mansion's big golden door. Henry, the butler, greeted them upon entering the mansion. 


"Good evening, Ms. Wendy. You too, Ms. Bae."


"Good evening too, Henry. Irene will do," Irene said to the butler.


"Mr. Jung is already in the dining area with his daughters. I'll lead you both to them."


"Thank you, Henry," Wendy uttered.


Henry announced the arrival of the two. Yunho then rose from his seat to welcome his granddaughter and her girlfriend. Jessica and Krystal followed their dad and ushered the two to sit afterwards.


"Welcome to our house, Irene. It's good to finally meet you. Thank you for accepting our request to meet you," Yunho said.


"It's nice meeting you too, sir." Yunho smiled warmly at Irene.


"Now that everyone's here, maybe we can start eating and we'll talk about things later."

 

After everyone's done eating, Yunho started the conversation.


"Wendy, Irene..." Yunho regarded the two. "You might already know why I was adamant to meet you, right?"


"Does this have anything to do with our relationship, Dad?" Wendy questioned.


"Yes, it's about you two. What are your plans? I know the problems you're facing. Irene is a celebrity and my granddaughter here is the sole heir of my company. Everyone's eyes are on the two of you," Yunho explained.


"You will need to address a lot of things. First, Wendy, your issue with Dr. Kim is not yet resolved. Everyone is still speculating that you guys are dating," he added.


"Don't worry about it, Dad. I have a plan already," Wendy said.


"And what might it be?" Krystal asked her niece.
"I am planning to call a press conference to clear the issues about me. Also, I think it's time to formally introduce Irene as my girlfriend to the public." 


Irene's eyes widened. She didn't know her girlfriend already planned out everything. Irene's momentary shocked state caught Wendy's attention so she held her hand to comfort her, a sign to show her girlfriend that everything would be alright.


--------------------


After talking to the Jungs, the couple went to Han River to have time for themselves. Wendy laid out the blanket she brought and motioned Irene to come sit with her. When they had finally settled down, Irene asked her girlfriend, "Are you really sure with the press conference?" 


"Of course. I think it's about time that everyone knows the truth. That Jisoo is just my friend and you are my girlfriend. I will also tell them about what happened to my heart. This heart was the reason why Jisoo got close to me in the first place and why problems occurred."


"Well, you're right. I also want this to be over with. I want to date you freely, not hiding from the shadows," Irene said. She looked at Wendy and the latter was sporting a smug look when she heard what her girlfriend said.


"Oohhh... My girlfriend wants to date me in public," Wendy uttered in a teasing manner.


"Oh, shut up. Stop teasing me," Irene whined like a child.


"I know you missed me teasing you. And even if you tell me to stop, I won't because your reactions are so cute." Wendy pinched both of Irene's cheeks to prove her point.


"Fine, I'll accept you calling me 'cute' only because you are my girlfriend," Irene ended her sentence with a pout, which Wendy couldn't help but kiss.

 

Time passed by and the two finally decided to go home. 


"We've really come a long way, haven't we?" Wendy asked Irene while they were on their way back to the car, holding each other's hands.


"I know. I feel like I've become more matured as time passed by. I always acted like a child when Jisoo's around you. You know when she told me that she wanted you, I got scared. I don't want to lose you."


"And you didn't lose me, right? Our relationship had a lot of problems but we resolved almost everything. Now, the only thing on our way is the press conference. Hopefully," Wendy truthfully said.


"Yeah, hopefully," Irene repeated.


When they finally reached the car, Wendy brought both of Irene's hands to her lips and kissed them as a form of reassurance.


"Don't think too much of it. I'll be there with you," Wendy uttered. Irene only hummed as an answer.


"Now, let's go home."

 

Unbeknownst to them, a paparazzi followed them and took pictures of their intimate moments. 


--------------------


An hour had passed when Irene was dropped off by Wendy in her condominium. She suddenly received a call from her manager, Hyoyeon. 


"Have you seen the news?" her manager asked.


"What news?" Irene was puzzled.


"You're all over the news. With Wendy. Where did the two of you go after meeting the Jungs?"


"We went to Han River and then she dropped me off here. Why?" Irene explained.


"Well, your pictures are all over the news. One of them is Wendy kissing your cheek. It looks like it's in front of your condominium building," Hyoyeon informed her. Irene immediately checked her phone to read the news from various news outlets.

 

 

Dispatch revealed famous model Irene Bae and photographer Wendy Son are dating. 


[+122, -53] Is that the model Bae Joohyun and the angelic future CEO Wendy Son???


[+107, -45] I thought Wendy and Dr. Kim are dating? So what now?


[+98, -39] Are they really dating? Cause it looks like it. They look so in love together.


[+74, -28] They look like very good friends.


[+43, -17] Go to hell! Disgusting freaks!!!


[+29, -3] What a disappointment...

 

 

Model Irene Bae and the granddaughter of Jung Enterprise, seen together at Han River. What's the real score between the two? 


[+99, -58] Bae Joohyun, busy with her modelling career and Wendy, busy preparing to run an empire yet they make time for each other while here I am, not busy and "single."


[+83, -46] Wendy is dating Dr. Jisoo. Now, she's also dating the model. Is she a two-timer?


[+68, -31] Wow the downgrade from Mino to Wendy... Is Irene blind or something? Tch... these ing gays...


[+56, -25] Dear God, I want what they have.


[+43, -19] So Irene and Mino are not dating? Or am I hallucinat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter