XVI.

My First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy asked Eunwoo to tell the models to come with her and they would start in minute.


"Yes, Ms. Wendy." Eunwoo smiled then started to walk away but Wendy called her.


"Stop calling me miss. Unnie is fine or whatever you want to call me." 


"Okay unnie," Eunwoo said, but in her mind, 'baby' was the one she wanted to say. 


"Ms. Bae, Mr. Song, the shoot will start in a minute. The photographer requested that the both of you come to the set."


Mino stood up, dusting the invisible dirt on his suit.


--------------------


The atmosphere in the set was dark, quiet and elegant. A simple room filled with colors black and white.


Mino was walking at the center with his personal assistant helping him to wear his suit. He looked like a Hollywood actor who was dashingly handsome. At his side was Irene, standing, with her red stilettos and a simple black dress. She had minimal make up but she looked like a goddess who was woken up from her sleep.


"Where's the photographer?" Mino asked the staffs and they answered him with a shrug.


Mino's expression turned into a sour one. He was not a patient one and he was so full of himself. 


Irene looked at Mino sternly. A look that says, 'Stop, don't make a scene here, you idiot.'


"I'm here," a voice coming from the back broke the tension in the set. 


"It took me so long to adjust the perfect lighting. Did I keep you for too long?" The photographer asked calmly while putting her camera on the stand.


Irene could not believe what she was seeing. Her girlfriend. Yes, her girlfriend was in front of her. Worst of all, she'd be the photographer for this shoot.


She never told Wendy about it. She didn't want her girlfriend to get mad or to think negatively. From her own perspective, what she won't know wont hurt her but fate was never really on her side.


Irene wanted to bury herself; to escape. She looked so calm but her insides were going haywire.


"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." Mino smiled to the photographer. 


"It's okay." 


"I'm Song Mino. Please take good care of me and Irene," Mino said while putting his arm around Irene. 


"I'm Wendy Son. It's my privilege to have a shoot with the nation's couple," Wendy smiled. A fake smile while looking at Mino's arm that still holding Irene.


The two shook hands and Irene just stared at her. Why oh why, it was really a small world after all. 


"Ms. Bae, it's nice to see you again."


Irene could only look at Wendy.


Wendy was just standing in front of her but why did it feel like she was so far.


"So let's start, shall we?"


--------------------


The song 'Crazy in Love' was blasting through the speakers. The clicking of the camera can still be heard and the models looked so good but the photographer was not satisfied. 


"Ms. Bae," the photographer called out. 


"Are you on your mind? You look so distant. You and Mino look so perfect together but there's nothing special. You need to look scared yet head over heels in love with that man besides you. You look tense too. And Mino, keep out that arrogant smile on your face. You need to look seductive and emotionless. I think it's better to have a break. Guys, let's take five." 


The photographer handed her camera to her secretary and walked away. She needed a break, a space. She felt so suffocated and it didn't help that her chest kept on tightening again. 


Hyoyeon saw Wendy walking away and immediately went to Irene's side.


"Irene, can we talk?"


"Yes unnie, after this."


"Okay Irene. I'll wait for you at Room 1521."


And Hyoyeon left Irene with the make up artists.


Irene really wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter