XIII.

My First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy was asking Joohyun if she had free time tonight and luckily, Joohyun was free. 


"Why the sudden date, Seungwan?" 


"I just want to go out with you. I miss you, Hyunnie."


"I miss you too, baby. I'm sorry if we have to hide like this." 


The two sat inside Wendy's car, exchanging smiles and holding hands.


"It's okay, I understand." Wendy reassured Irene.


"Let's go?"


"Where?"


"To the place where we can be more intimate and just be ourselves. Just Son Seungwan and Bae Joohyun." Wendy smiled. 


"Then what are you waiting for? Take me there, Son Seungwan."


It took half an hour for them to get in their destination.


"C'mon Hyunnie."


Wendy opened the door and lead Irene to the front.


"Amusement park? Is this open?" Irene said while looking back and forth, admiring the colors.


"Yes, it's open. For us," Wendy said while holding Irene's hand.


"What?"


"I've rented it for the night. I want us to have a normal date, if it counts as normal because there are no other people here but it's an open space," Wendy confessed which made Irene blushed.


"You don't have to do this, Wan." 


"I just want you to see how much I love you, Bae Joohyun."


Irene looked at Wendy's eyes and nodded. She felt so happy. She felt how Wendy loved her through words and effort. How she wished she could do the same for her.


"What do you want to ride first, Hyunnie?" 


Irene snapped out of her thoughts and focused on Wendy.


"Let's ride the carousel, Wan. I want to ride it with you," Irene said, blushing. 


And it didn't go unnoticed to Wendy. She just smiled and let the girl ran with their hands intertwined. 


They tried all the kiddie rides because Joohyun couldn't ride on the extreme rides.


"Let's take a rest, Hyunnie."


"Wait Wan, is the souvenir shop open?"


"Yes baby, the store here is open. Why?"


"I just want to take a look, can I?" 


"Sure baby. Let's just meet there," Wendy said before going somewhere. 


Irene walked inside the shop, hoping to see something special. 


"Good evening, welcome to Magic," a doe-eyed girl greeted. 


"I'm looking for a necklace with a pendant."


"Just go to the third aisle, miss. The necklace and other accessories are there."


"Thank you miss."


"You're welcome, ma'am."


Irene looked at the different necklaces and pendants and something caught her eyes. She immediately went to the cashier and paid for it. 


"You found what you're looking for," the girl said while packing the necklace that Irene bought.


"Yes and thank you."


"She must be special to you."


Irene just stared at the girl.


"The one whose standing outside waiting for you. I bet the gift's for her." 


Irene smiled. 


"Young love. Sweet love. Whatever happens in the future, don't just let go without fighting. Don't let the world decide what makes you complete," the doe-eyed girl said while handing the paper bag.


"The only thing I want now is to tell the world how much I love her," Irene said truthfully.


"Much better if she knows it first, because now, she's a part of your world. Not fully but maybe half of it." 


Irene looked at the girl in front of her. She looked so young. To say all of the things she blurted out might be based on her own experience.


"You're looking at me," the girl said. 


"I've fallen in love once and I let other people decide my own happiness and now I'm here waiting and drowning on my what ifs. Don't be like me young girl, be brave. You should go. She's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter