XII.

My First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy visited her best friend. She wanted to talk and say sorry for the last time. She knew that she made her best friend worried.


Seulgi, on the other hand, felt so irritated. She didn't know the reason why. But lately, she could not focus on her designs and kept on thinking about her best friend.


She heard a soft knock and it made her senses come back. 


"Come in," the bear answered while focusing on the sheets of paper in front of her.


"Seulgi? Are you busy?" 


Seulgi lifted her head up to see her best friend, standing between the door; her head was poking inside.


"Wen-wen? What are you doing? Come inside."


The two sat on the sofa comfortably. Seulgi looked at Wendy from head to toe.


"Ddeulgi, did I disturb you? Do you want me to comeback when you're free?" Wendy said while tapping her foot.


"No Wen-wen, it's okay. I'm not that busy. What brings you here? You don't have a shoot today?"


"I'm free this week, and Seul..."


"Yes Wen-wen?"


"I'm sorry." Wendy looked at the floor. 


"I'm sorry that I made you worried last time. I made a reckless move and it affected you. I feel that you can't focus and maybe, blaming yourself of what happened. I'm so sorry Ddeulgi," Wendy said and looked Seulgi in the eyes.


Seulgi just stared at Wendy. Deep inside, she did not know what to feel. Her best friend, for God knows how long, was in front of her and saying sorry. Because she made her worried. 


Wendy was right. She thought that she's at fault for declining Wendy's request that night but other than that, there were more questions that kept bugging her mind.


Seulgi could not help but to break down and cry. The strong and lovable bear cried so hard in front of Wendy.


"Goodness Seul, why are you crying?" Wendy said and scooted herself to the bear's side. She hugged the latter so tight. 


"Wen-wen, I'm sorry for not being there for you when you needed me. I'm sorry that you felt so alone that night and decided to get drunk. I'm sorry," Seulgi said, in-between her sobs.


"Silly, it's okay. I know you're busy."


"But it doesn't change the fact that I let you feel alone. What if no one was there to help you? What if you got into an accident? It was the first time you seek help from me but I declined you. I let you down Wen-wen."


The bear cried. Truthfully, that was the first time in five years Wendy asked Seulgi. Wendy was living alone that's why she didn't need any help nor she didn't want to disturb Seulgi. She thought that Seulgi needed more time to spend with her girlfriend. That's why she was fine with the occasional dinner and hangouts. 


"Kang Seulgi, stop crying. I'll leave you here if you don't stop," Wendy said, hoping that Seulgi would stop crying. And suddenly, the bear stopped crying.


Wendy leaned Seulgi's head on the crook of her neck; patting the back of the bear to soothe her nerves. 


"Seulgi, I'm really sorry. I promise that I will not do that again. And if that circumstance happen again, I'll just barge in your office or in your apartment so you can make me calm. I won't get drunk without you by my side. Don't blame yourself. I'm okay. I'm still alive." Wendy whispered to her beloved best friend.


Seulgi just hummed. She felt so overwhelmed and it did not help that Wendy was hugging her close. 


"Son Seungwan..."


"Yes, Kang Seulgi?"


"Who was that girl who helped you that night?" 


Wendy shivered, not because of the question but because of Seulgi's stares. 


"It was Dr. Ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter