XXII.

My First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy opened her eyes. She saw nothing but white. She closed her eyes again and slowly opened them just to see the same white walls and ceiling.


“You're awake.”


A manly voice interrupted what Wendy was thinking.


“You're right. You're in the hospital.”


She looked at him. His grandfather was sitting at the sofa near her, holding a newspaper.


He looked up straight at her before standing up and sitting on her bed.


“How are you feeling, Wendy?”


Wendy felt so strange being in a room with her mother's father. The great Jung Yunho. The last time she had seen him was when she asked him to give her freedom.


“I'm sorry, Daddy. I'm sorry for ruining your reputation.”


“Wendy, I'm asking you how are you feeling? You're scared? Don't be.”


Yunho hugged Wendy, careful but firm.


“I wouldn't mind you being a hot topic or the main news. It’s good for me because I get the chance to know your whereabouts. Wendy. Wendy means ‘giving, being thoughtful, an angel.’ You didn't know how happy we were when you were born. You became a reason for me to stay longer at home. And I know it broke you so hard when your parents left way too early. I didn't know what to do so when you ask me for your freedom, I gave it to you. I want the best for you.”


“I can't call you Seungwan because I'm the one who gave ‘Wendy’ as your name,” he chuckled and smiled showing his manly eye smiles that could make every girl fall in love.


Wendy cried. She cried because of the warm feeling she was feeling. It tingled her.


“I miss you, my little munchkin. Can you go home with Daddy?”


“I miss you too, Dad. But I think I need to clean up the mess that I've made.”


“It's not a mess when you talk about media, I can handle that or else you need to settle some things?”
Wendy nodded.


“My little munchkin is not little anymore.”


Wendy felt so shy and covered her face with the blanket.


“But Wendy, before anything else, Dad wants you to do something for him.”


---------------------------


She was back where her heart was staying. She was here standing at the VIP exit where her fans and the media waited for her.


“Patience Irene. You'll be coming home and you will see Wendy.”


She got inside the car and waved for her fans for the meantime.


Hyoyeon called out Irene as soon as they were seated.


“What is it unnie?”


Hyoyeon handed her the phone.

 

Dispatch.kr
“Wendy Son and Jisoo Kim, dating or engaged?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter