XVIII.

My First and Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up." 


Irene woke up from a shake and she saw Hyoyeon removing the safety belt on her.


"Thank you, unnie."


Hyoyeon just nodded and sat quietly.


Irene stepped her feet on an unfamiliar surrounding. But as soon as the door of the airplane opened, she saw some media and fans waiting for her.


She felt someone holding her close, reaching for her hands but she pushed it away. She waved to her fans and walked inside the car.


Mino couldn't help but to frown. Did Irene reject his hands? He clenched his hands inside his pocket and kept a smile.


Once they were inside the car, an awkward tension was surrounding them.


"Do you really need to reject my hand, Irene?"


"Do you really need to hold my hand every time we're in public?"


"Yes, for the fans and for the media too. And besides you're single. I'm single too, Irene."


"What are you saying, Mino? I'm not single," Irene gritted her teeth and she was angry at the statement.


"Ma'am, Sir we are here at the hotel," the driver said, halting their conversation.


Irene went down first and Mino followed her. When they reached their designated floor, Mino held Irene again and Irene just looked at Mino, gazing intensitely.


"We can be together again Irene. You know in yourself that you still love me." 


Irene looked at Mino. She looked at him, drowning herself in the black orbs that was only looking at her. She looked at Mino who had been hers once. So what now? Would she let herself fall for this man for the second time?


"Let's just sleep Mino. We had a long flight and I still have jetlag," Irene said, pulling herself away from Mino and walking directly to her room.


"Good night, Irene. I'll make sure you'll fall for me again."


--------------------


It had been four days since Irene left for New York Fashion Week. Four days since Wendy was questioning herself where did it go wrong for things to fall apart.


Wendy walked at the parking lot of the orphanage. Today was the event for the kids. She brought her guitar because she would be performing later. Speaking of performance, she remembered how Jisoo asked her to join the orphanage event but the girl sent her an email of a song with lyrics and chords. 


'I want you to perform it, Wendy. See you.' - Jisoo


Scanning the surrounding, Wendy walked slowly. She was balancing the guitar on her back and a box of cookies and books for the kids.


Someone put a hand on her eyes and it blinded her. Probably not a kid but a kid-like adult.


She smelled orange and a mixed of citrus. She already knew who the culprit was.


"Kang Seulgi."


The culprit slowly detached her hands on Wendy's eyes. 


"You're late, Son Seungwan," Seulgi crossed her hands and went in front of her best friend. 


"I woke up late, Seul. Sorry and I miss you too." Wendy smiled brightly towards Seulgi but the human bear knew this smile. That smile was masking her true feelings. She saw how Wendy's eyes were full of pain, loneliness and emptiness.
Seulgi was wondering what happened.


"I didn't say I miss you, snowman. So full of yourself." Seulgi smirked, seeing how Wendy just timidly smiled and walked past her.


"I'll leave you here if you will not move forward."


Seulgi walked forward, holding Wendy wrist and looked at Wendy.


"You know what Wen-wen, you can tell me everything."


"Do I look like a mess now?" Wendy asked Seulgi and looked at her wrist being held by Seulgi to avoid the latter's eyes.


"You look like , Wen-wen."


Seulgi wanted to ask Wendy but she won't do that. She couldn't pressure Wendy.


"Let's talk about it after I put my things in the orphanage."


And Seulgi knew that Wendy was facing a problem.


--------------------


The two was standing at the veranda of the orphanage. Wendy was scanning the surrounding. She was seeing a lot of people at the backyard, some were wearing formal attires and some had cameras on their hands.


"You forgot didn't you?" Seulgi broke the silence. 


"Huh?"


"The event. It's an open event for the people."


"What? Open event?"


"Yes, they made the event for public. To gather more sponsors and for the kids to get adopted."


"I see. It's time for them to have their own home and family." Wendy sighed weakly.


"Wen-wen, what's wrong?"


Seulgi saw how Wendy was fidgeting beside her. She was nervous like a kid who was going to school for the first time.


"Were on a break, Seul," Wendy said while looking at the kids playing. 


"Is that so? Why? It's not normal for unnie to say that."


"And I don't know if it's still me."


Seulgi's confusion was clearly seen on her face. She didn't know what was the reason why the two decided to have a break.


She didn't know if she was still in love with her ex and she was with him in New York.


Seulgi felt the pain that lingered in Wendy's voice.


"I'm scared, Seul. What if she realizes that the feelings she has for me is just a phase? That Mino is still the one for her? I'm scared, Seul."


Seulgi let Wendy put her head on her chest. She heard quiet sobs continuously and it pained her to see her best friend being a victim of the word 'love.'

 

"It will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter