Gone?

School days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeong pov

It's been 3 hours since the surgery started. Everyone is waiting in the waiting room, all nervous. I couldn't stay with them in the room, so I went and sat on the floor in front of the surgery room. I was praying and praying for somi to be okay. She's my family. I spent more time with her than my parents. She's my world. I just prayed like there is no tomorrow, because there isn't. 2 more hours have passed, which means somi has been in surgery for 5 hours. I'm so worried, but I'm not showing it. It's like if someone touches me, I'm going to break. Suddenly, the door opened. Dr. Hannah was standing there, she noticed that I was infront of her. Her facial expression changed instantly and she had sympathic look. Tears started falling.
"I'm so sorry, she was brought to surgery too late, we tried our best... but she didn't make it. I'm sorry.." she said and came to pat my back.

'What? She.. didn't make it? Somi is gone. She's gone. Wait what?' I didn't realize but I was with the others in the waiting room, it's like I automatically walked here. They were all looking at me expecting an answer. They were talking to me, or at least I think they did, I saw their mouths moving, but I couldn't hear a single thing. I was just looking at them lost. Suddenly, it all hit me. Somi.. she's gone.. what? I broke into tears. I fell on the floor. I was sobbing like I was about to die. Everyone knew what happened, they knew somi didn't make it. Some were crying in their places, some ran out of the hospital, some tried to comfort me. I started screaming, "SOMIIIII" "WHHYYYY?!?!" "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME" in between my cries. It was so painful. It's like a part of me was gone. It's like someone took out my heart and ripped it into pieces. I could feel my insides being ripped. It was awful. Somi..

Mina pov

Chaeyeong came into the room after 5 hours of surgery. She looked expression less. A part of me knew that somi didn't make it. A part of me was hoping she made it.
"Chaeyeong? What happened? Is somi okay?" Momo asked carefully.
"Chaeng, did they finish surgery?" It was dahyun.
"Chaeyeong?" Sana asked.
She didn't seem to hear what they were saying. She suddenly broke into tears and fell onto the floor. Everyone started crying. I tried to go to her and help her, but she just looked so broken. I couldn't move. I fell onto the ground crying. Jihyo and Jin went by her side. Nayeon went out running, and jeongyeon went to the opposite way. The others were hugging each other, sobbing. We all took it hard, but chaeyoung was... The worst. I cant imagine what she is going through. What are we going to do now?
We stayed at the hospital for another hour. Jin and jihyo we're taking care of whatever needed taken care of. Chaeyoung fell asleep, she was tired. The others were on their way to the hotel. I was sitting besides chaeyoung looking after her. I was just thinking of somi. She was such a nice person. She was also the youngest, the kindest, the selfless. She was just an amazing person overall. She treated everyone with kindness. She didn't deserve this. Her out of everyone certainly did not deserve this. Its just too much. She was close with everyone. Our energizer.

Jihyo pov

. Somi's gone. Chaeyeong is on the floor. Nayeon and jeongyeon went somewhere. Everyone was crying their eyes out. I can't cry now. Not now. If I break now, we're done. I need to be strong. We were taking care of Somi's body and other personal stuff, since her parents couldn't. We were about to leave but the doctor stopped us and talked to us privately.
"May I talk to you for a minute?" She asked us politely.
"Yes of course." Jin oppa answered. The doctor brought us into her office and we both sat.
"First of all, I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor started. "We really tried our best to save her..*sigh* she was brought into surgery a bit too late. Which caused her to wake up several times in the middle of the surgery, only for a few seconds before she passes out from the pain. When she would wake up she would say something. The first time she whispered, "Chae, I love you and I'm sorry." The second time, "unnies, I love you all and mian." And the third time, "mom and dad, I love you, take care."" Both Jin and I were surprised. We were speechless. I wanted to cry so bad but I couldn't break now.
"I thought I had to tell you.. that's it. I'm sorry again for your loss." She gave us a sad smile and we left. We were on our way to the hotel. Mina and chaeyoung were with us. The others went ahead. Nayeon and jeongyeon are both somewhere I should text them.
'where are you?' I sent them both.
'at the roof of the hotel, don't worry I won't do anything stupid.' jeongyeon answered.
Nayeon didn't text me back which got me a bit worried, I decided to tell jeongyeon abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter