Chapter 15

Ridiculous Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun and Sowon back to his family living room where everybody gather. He lift Sowon's hand to show their rings to their family, and they really happy to see it.

 

The next day. Press conference D-day.

Sowon is so nervous. She keep on back and forth. Her parents and Hyun's parents already at the waiting room, her CEO-Nim and Manager-Oppa also stand by. The medias already gather and fill the great hall, a lot more than they predicted before. But Hyun is the one who still not came up yet.

"Sweety, calm down. Hyun will be here on time. Don't keep on back and forth like that, you make me even more nervous." Sowon's Mom try to calm her daughter.

 

At the very last minutes, Hyun came up in panting and sweat flowing drench his shirt.

"Oppa, where have you been? I'm so worry." Sowon scold him. Hyun can't answer yet, still busy catching his breath.

"Hyun-ssi, it's 2 minutes left." Manager-Oppa tell. Hyun nod his head.

Sowon a bit shock when suddenly Hyun give his suit to her without saying anything. Then start to take his wet shirt off and use it to wipe his sweat off from all over his face and body also rubbing roughly his drench hair.

That's the first time Sowon see real man's shirtless in front of her eyes, even more at that close. She can't help to gasp then turn around to back facing Hyun. She hear Hyun and everybody in that room chuckle at her.

Sowon take a glass of water, from the table in front of her, she about to give it to Hyun, but when she turn to look at him, he still unfinish buttoning his new dry shirt from his bag. After hardly swallow. Sowon bravely step closer and give the glass to Hyun, "Here, I think you need this." Hyun accept it gladly then drink the water, wetting his dry throat, while Sowon help him buttoning his shirt, making he feel butterfly flying in his stomach. "Ouwh.. so this is the view and the feeling when your wife helping you dressing. It feel so great..." Hyun's self thought. While Sowon is actually also struggling to keep herself calm, 'cause she can clearly see Hyun's six-packs-abs and well build body, even sometimes her fingers slightly grazing while buttoning. "No wonder he look always good on his suit." Sowon make note to herself.

 

"Okay, let's go! Everybody are waiting." Manager-Oppa command.

Then they moving to the set spot. While walking in the hallway Sowon still helping Hyun wearing his suit. Before they open the door, Hyun still had time to ask her. "How do I look? Convincing enough?"

Sowon chuckle while tidying Hyun's hair, "Yes."

"You look gorgeous as always." Hyun said while tuck Sowon's strand of hairs before her ear, make everyone around them cringing. They just laughing when they see at Sowon's manager make a want-to-throw-up-face while looking at them.

 

Then they open the door, they get inside the great hall. Hyun confidently hold Sowon's hand when they walk in.

 

"Good afternoon everybody. I'm Lee Hyun. I'm here with Kim Sojung or you must have known her as Sowon, Leader of GFriend. We here also with our parents and her CEO. They important to be here as our legal and official support. We want to clear the missunderstood about our relation in public lately. The relation between me and Sojung is not a scandal. Our relation is already known by our both families and her company." Hyun suddenly interrupt by media's questions. "So you trying to say that indeed you and Sowon are in relationship?!"

"Yes. We are." Hyun answer it firmly, the medias start buzzing and the camera flashlights are showering them.

 

"Since when? How did you met? ..." and many more questions bombarding them.

"Let me explain from the very beginning...." then Hyun tell them about their ancestor's deal, his visit with his grandfather to Kim family years ago, then about Sowon's objection, then their first family meeting, Sowon's decision to give him chance, her reasons, then her CEO permission.

"The other GFriend members are already call you 'Hyung-boo'... are you actually already married or getting married soon?" Media's ask.

Hyun chuckle, "No. We are not gonna married in this short time. It's just about 3 weeks since we become couple. They call me like that just for tease their Unnie. I honestly will love to be their Hyung-boo for real, but I will respect Sojung's decisions and will wait her untill she ready to marry me."

"It means that actually you want to marry Sowon quickly?" Media's ask.

"Yes. I do." Hyun answer it firmly, the medias buzzing also and also the camera flashlights are showering them again.

 

"How can you be that sure about marry her in that such short time?" The medias became more curious.

"As I told you before, We have met years ago. When she just 5 years old and I 10 years old. I've fallen in love with her since that time. I've made my mind since that time, that this girl, Kim Sojung, the second daughter of Kim family, the 5th ancestry of Kim Dongil, will definitely my future-wife." Hyun said it while turn to Sowon and give her a loving glance, Sowon blushing and smile. Their parents are look so happy for them.

 

"But among those years, both of you, both of your families are not keep in touch, so how can you suddenly came to ask her marry you?" The medias keep on asking.

Hyun chuckle, "Then now you understand why she reject me at first, aren't you?" The medias can't help to smirk and chuckle, they get Sowon's point of view.

Sowon admire how Hyun's way to explain is succeed to lead the medias opinion to able understand their situation. She proud of him.

 

"We notice from here that both of you wearing same rings. Are that engagement ring?" The medias still have lot of curiousity.

Hyun showing his ring from yesterday, he smile, "No. This is just couple ring. We just put it on each other yesterday. This is just for our commemoration that we have know each other feeling. Sojung already accept my love for her. Even though she still ask me to wait for marry her."

To be surprise, the medias not asking anything more. They just smile at them. Everything seems to be settled down.

 

Then Hyun make his motion, "I can see now all of you that present here already understand us. So then, can we ask you and public to accept our relationship? The miss-issues that spread lately are mostly accused Sojung as the bad-girl. With our explanation today I hope it can cleared things. Kim Sojung, my Kim Sojung, is definitely not bad girl. She don't have to flirt me to get me, 'cause I already fallen in love to her from the first time. It is me who keep on asking and begging her to accept me, to marry me. But she charismatically ask me to wait, because she still have a lot obligations to be done. That she also still too young to marry now. I respect her decision and definitely will wait for her. Along my waiting time, I hope all of you medias and public will accept

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter