Chapter 5.

By my Side

Jungkook places his phone down on the coffee table. "Seokjin hyung asked if we'd go out with him, Namjoon hyung later, around 10" he says, looking at the older.

Taehyung looks up "That late to where?"

"He said something about a bar" Jungkook explains, shrugging.
Taehyung nods "Do you want to go?"
The younger hesitates, does he?
"I don't mind" he answers.

"Hmm, well I don't know if I can let a child drink" Taehyung lifts his brow at Jungkook, pushing himswlf forward on the couch. Jungkook rolls his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest "Will you ever stop teasing me about my age?"
Taehyung laughs, lifting himself up off the couch "Don't think so" he says, walking up to Jungkook and gently wrapping his arms around the boy's waist, smiling down at him.

Jungkook looks up at the older. His eyes scanning the others features, his lips, nose, eyes. Eyes that are staring down at him lovingly. And then his attention turns to how warm and nice he feels with Taehyung's arms wrapped around him securely. Jungkook can't remember when he last felt this happy, and it makes him realize how childishly in love he is, how he would pay anything for Taehyung to stay by his side forever.

Taehyung notices the boy's dazed expression. "Hmm?" He purrs, a questioning look on his face.
Jungkook smiles, blinking "I love you" he says after a moment, resting his head on the olders chest, he can hear Taehyung's heartbeat. "So much I can't put in words" he adds.

Taehyung rests his chin on the boy's head "I love you too. . . more than anything"

They stay in each others arms for a moment longer. Jungkook stares out the balcony through hooded eyes, enjoying the warmth. He feels like a child, but he doesn't bother acting all grown up in this moment, pretending he has no weaknesses, he doesn't have to anymore.

"Tae," Jungkook mumbles after a moment of silence.
  "Hm?"
"I don't want you to leave me"
Taehyung pulls away a bit, making Jungkook look at him "Where did that idea come from?"

Jungkook looks down, playing with his hands which are resting on Taehyung's chest "When summer ends, I've to go back to Busan"

Taehyung shakes his head "That isn't a reason for me to leave you" he reassures, bringing Jungkook closer "We'll figure something out" he places a kiss on Jungkook's forhead "Lets not worry about it now"

 


"I forgot!" Taehyung exclaims in the afternoon, abruptly standing up off the chair in the kitchen, almost making the piece of furniture fall back.

Jungkook looks up from some magazine he's been reading, giving Taehyung a funny look "What?"

Taehyung's only answer is "I need to get something from the car!" And he's already in the hallway. Jungkook jogs after him, watching the older run out of the apartment.
Jungkook laughs in confusion, he walks up to the door to close it when he sees Hoseok, also looking confused, walk up the stairs.

"Is the apartment on fire?" He looks at Jungkook, hands in pockets.

The younger shrugs "He said something about the car, forgetting something and just ran out"
Hoseok laughs "Okay then"
Jungkook smiles at him "No flying heels today?"

The older instantly knows what he means and laughs again "Thankfully not" he says. "You haven't been by the studio" Hoseok speaks up again, it's a half joke, after all it's been a year since he got the proposition from Hoseok.

Jungkook nods "Yea, sorry. Would you still be up for it?" He ask.
Hoseok smiles "Of course, come by if you have time on friday, around 1"
Jungkook nods "I'll try my best to come"
"I better go, see you later" the older smiles, bowing slightly, Jungkook mimics his action and waves.

Just then Taehyung appears at the top of the stairs, hands behind his back, panting.

"There's an elevator here you know" Jungkook grins at Taehyung who can't catch his breath.
The older smirks at Jungkook as he gets closer with each step.

Jungkook keeps his smile "What?" He questions. He steps back when Taehyung walks into the apartment, leaning against the door to shut if behind himself. Jungkook just stares, confused.

Taehyung brings his hands to the front, holding out a red gift bag to Jungkook. "For you"

The younger lifts a brow "What's the occasion?"

Taehyung pauses to think. "Your existence. . . and acceptance of me and my mistakes"

Jungkook can only smile back, as cheesy as it sounds, it's cute. "Having you is enough"

Taehyung shakes his head, stepping closer "I owe you so much"
The younger looks to the side, biting the inside of his cheek "For making you go trough all this, ending up in hospital, twice?"

Taehyung tilts his head, catching Jungkook's attention and making the boy look at him again. "No. For giving me a reason, for forgiving me for my past and this whole year"

"But you had a reason for everything, you don't have to apologize"

"I still hurt you" Taehyung admints. He grabs Jungkook's hand, making him hold the bag "Now accept the gift" he grins.
Jungkook rolls his eyes but brings the bag up anyways before pulling out a plastic box out of it. His eyes widen.
"It's the headphones from that shop" he looks up at Taehyung.

The older smiles "Mhm" he nods. "I was ment to give you them when we got back but forgot" He gives an awkward laugh.
The peck he recives on the cheek was unexpected, but Taehyung won't complain.

"Thank you" Jungkook says and smiles. "But it cost so much. . ." he then adds.
Taehyung only shakes his head in dismissal and pulls Jungkook gently to the kitchen "You hungry? time to cook something!"

 


"Ah no!" Jungkook laughs, hiding behind the kitchen counter "I've flour in my pants because of you!" He shouts, hands over his head and he sits back against the counter.

Taehyung walks around it, looking ridiculous with flour covering his hair, he stares down at the younger, hands on his hips. "Apologize" he orders, voice even lower than usually and Jungkook shivers at the sound.

"No -aH" He shrieks when Taehyung pulls him up, making the boy stand. He pins Jungkook to the counter, grabbing an egg they were supposed to use and holds it above the boys head. "Apologize for covering me with flour" he repeats, trying to hold his laugh back.

Jungkook shakes hid head, making all the flour from his own hair fly around. Taehyung coughs before frowning "I've had it with your childishness" he practically growls, placing the egg down and quickly picking the boy up by the back of his thighs. Jungkook's legs wrap around Taehyung's waist on instinct and he gasps at the sudden action.

Taehyung takes a step back and quickly turns around, almost slamming the boy against the fridge, making it shake. The large plastic bowl on top of it falling down.
Jungkook burts into giggles and Taehyung immediately notes it's music to his ears.

The older maneuvers Jungkook up so he doesn't slip out of his arms, the boy's hands gripping at Taehyung's hair, grip strong but not strong enough to hurt or bother Taehyung.

There's a cough heard from the doors "Interrupting something?" 

Jungkook looks up past Taehyung's shoulder to see Yoongi, one brow lifted, Jimin behind him wiggling his brows. He immediately hides his face in Taehyung's shoulder, laughing at how stupid they must look.
The older doesn't even have to look back to know who it is. "Just. . . baking cookies"

Jimin snorts "More like K ookies"

Jungkook looks up to glare at his best friend, cheeks turning crimson.
Taehyung puts the boy down, giving him a sneaky kiss on the cheek before turning around to the other two "How did you even get in?" He asks. Jungkook goes to shake the flour out of Taehyung's hair.

Yoongi pulls out the spare key card which Taehyung totally forgot about giving to him.
  "Oh" he laughs. "Well, any specific reason you came here for?"

"Well definitely not to interrupt you two doing," Yoongi coughs "Yea"
Taehyung rolls his eyes. He looks around the kitchen, its a mess. Flour, eggs, water and other ingredients he can't name are all over the counter top and floor. All because Jungkook accidentally blew some flour onto him. Taehyung can't complain though, he'd do anything to hear Jungkook's sweet laugh. As silly as it is.

"We're taking you two out to ice cream!" Jimin exclaims.

 


So they went out to get ice cream, chatting for a while and somehow ending up splitting ways. Even those short trips with the other two are enjoyable and put a little cuteness to their day.

It's slowly getting dark, this time the sky a navy color instead of pretty pinks and purples, but Taehyung knows the perfect place to visit.

"Where are we going?" Jungkook asked when he realized they got quite far from their usual streets. Taehyung simply smiled at him. It wasn't long before he parked the car and made Jungkook follow him.

"Tae seriously" the younger groans, all patience gone.

Taehyung's guess is Jungkook hasn't been here before, so he leads the boy across the road, passing people, until he makes a stop at the edge of the wide foot path.
He grabs Jungkook's hand in his, ignoring the people walking past them, glancing at them, he ignores the looks, being with another guy the looks they receive are understandable. Jungkook doesn't seem bothered by them at all either. Taehyw simply smiles at the view in front of them.

Jungkook grins in realization "Cheonggyecheon. . ." he mumbles, staring at the beautifully lit up river in front of them, flowing through the middle of Seoul.

Taehyung pulls Jungkook with him, leading the boy down the white stairs and to the foot walk beside the river.
Taehyung glances at the boy beside him, watching his eyes twinkle with all the lights around them. Jungkook looks angelic.

They walk in comfortable silence for a little while, just enjoying the presence of each other.
Taehyung comes to realize something. He gently squeezes the boys hand "We never. . ." he starts quietly, watching others pass them, walk in front of them, beside them. All the couples, holding hands and smiling at each other, they themselves don't look much different. But something's missing. 
"I never came around to asking you this," he corrects.

Jungkook glances at him silently, he let's the other speak instead of asking. Not sure of what Taehyung is talking about.
Taehyung looks back at him with a gentle smile "Would you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?"

The younger does nothing to hide his surprise, thinking about it, they never did make it official. He smiles, a bright, bunny smile before hugging the older "Yes "he whispers "Yes yes yes" 

And it feels better, making it official, being able to call the other 'boyfriend' without thinking twice, knowing the other is his. Taehyung chuckles, kissing Jungkook on the head with a smile. It feels complete now.

They walk for a bit more before sitting at the edge of the footh path, watching the glistening water, sky already pitch black, stars shining like diamonds and their light reflecting alongside all the colorful lights from the buildings. It's better than sitting in a bar, the night is too beautiful for that.

"Tae?" Jungkook mumbles after a while, legs crossed and he keeps watching the water.
"Hm?" The older purrs, showing he's listening.
"Earlier today, you said you had something to tell me"

Upon hearing the words, Taehyung's heart beat increases. He stays quiet for a bit too long. He knew he couldn't avoid it.

"Taehyung?"

The older feels the boy's gaze on him, he once again takes the others hand in his. He starts slowly "It's. . . I don't even know whether it's bad news, it's not good, but-" he pauses, desperately trying to put it together in his head.

He sees Jungkook's expression turn into slight worry, he really doesn't want to ruin the night for the boy.

"Listen," Taehyung starts again, he looks right at the boy with a sigh "You have to promise me something first."

Jungkook looks unsure, almost afraid. He nods nevertheless.

"Promise me, you trust me. You have to trust me with everything," He keeps his voice down "You can't be afraid of telling me anything."

Jungkook nods, no hesitation this time "I trust you Taehyung." He says, voice firm. "With everything, I promise"
The older give a small smile of relief. But it doesn't last long, his smile falling. 

"It's about your father" he almost whispers. Almost.

Jungkook hears it loud and clear, and he doesn't know what else to say than "What about him?"


"He didn't die."

https://rayner08.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/cityhall-1-3.jpg