Chapter 13.

By my Side

Jungkook wakes up to the warm press of a body behind him, an arm resting at his side. He opens his eyes to see the room lit up by sunlight, they forgot to pull the blinds.


He watches in trance as small specks of dust float around, still not quite conscious. His eyes fall to the floor, and the mess on it. Clothes scattered around, belts, underwear, and it hits him and Jungkook is suddenly very conscious and very aware.


He slowly turns around, careful not to wake Taehyung up. The elder look peaceful when asleep, cute. Streaks of sunlight resting on his arm and Jungkook's eyes trace over that area, then up to his neck, jaw, cheeks and he just admires his boyfriend, his beauty. Long dark lashes, defined lips, sharp outlines of his face.


Jungkook always seen it, from the first time he crashed into the elder he found him stunning. But that time Jungkook was different, he didn't allow the thoughts to get to him because he had to be on his feet and aware 24/7. Now he doesn't, now he has time to admire, to daydream.


"It's not nice to stare." Taehyung speaks up, voice low and gravelly and sleepy, a small smile adoring his lips.


Jungkook can't help but too, smile "But you're nice to stare at..."


The elder lazily opens one eye, huffing a short laugh before pulling Jungkook closer, hugging him.
The younger doesn't resist, just enjoys Taehyung's warmth. But at the same time hides his face in the male's chest because he's well aware that he's blushing, Taehyung's bare body touching his and he's shy all of a sudden, as if yesterday night didn't happen, as if a bit over seven hours ago Taehyung's lips weren't all over him.


Taehyung places a kiss to the boys head, still somehow fluffy hair "Everything okay?" It's unnecessary, the question. But he asks anyways, just to make sure, just because he cares about Jungkook maybe a little too much.


The boy smiles despite Taehyung not being able to see it "Perfect."


"How about we go out for breakfast?" Taehyung murmurs.


"Yeah," Jungkook answers, closing his eyes "But I gotta shower first." He laughs.


"Let's shower together," Taehyung suggests "Y'know, economy, and stuff, not wasting water."
Jungkook snorts at that "Yeah okay."


"I love you."


The boy keeps his eyes closed, smiling "I love you too."


"No but, I love you, like-" he struggles with his words "So much, I can't put it into words... I've never loved anyone like that, I'd do anything for you, die for you."


Jungkook looks up, and Taehyung looks serious but so in love and so genuine. "You almost did," Jungkook mumbles, bringing his head back down "Twice..." And his hand moves lower Taehyung's sides, then falling, tracing the scar not far above his navel. Where once the sharp blade of a knife was forced through.
"They say third time's lucky, but please don't let there be a third time." And he looks back up, chewing his lip. Afraid.


Taehyung presses a kiss to his forehead, he can't say there won't be. He doesn't know that for sure. Life's a and they have to live through it. But he'll do anything to make sure Jungkook is safe, and he'll make sure that he is there for him too, for as long as he lives. "Don't worry over things like that." He mumbles, pulling the younger closer, "It's useless." and Jungkook gives a nod. He really shouldn't worry.


"Now let's go shower." Taehyung sits up slowly, Jungkook instinctively pulling the covers closer. He hesitates  Taehyung can see that.


"What, is Kookie shy?"


Jungkook squints his eyes at Taehyung "I'll shower after you."


Taehyung laughs, deep and still sleepy "I seen it all." He says lowly, straddling Jungkook, fingers tracing up his abs, the boy throws an arm over his face, other hand pushing at Taehyung's chest "Just go." He whines, flustered.


And to Jungkook's surprise, Taehyung gets off of him and the bed "Fine." He says. But instead of walking towards the bathroom he walks over to the wardrobe.


Jungkook sits up, curious. He can't help but let his eyes roam down the elders , lower, his and his thighs and Taehyung could ing model for playboy if he wanted.


"Like what you see?"


Jungkook laughs ", who wouldn't?"


Taehyung chuckles, throwing on a black, silk robe, grabbing a silver one and walking over to Jungkook, handing it to him "Come on, lets shower."


 


And Taehyung somehow managed to get Jungkook in the shower with him.
"I feel like a child." Jungkook has sighed, and he really did feel like a child, having his hair washed by Taehyung. The older just laughed.


 


Jungkooks walking around the room in nothing but boxers, trying to figure out what to wear when Taehyung exits the bathroom, almost just like Jungkook. "You look hot." He comments and it sounds way too casual.


Jungkook turns his head to look at the older, looking him up and down, lifting a brow at his Calvin Klein boxers "Look who's speaking, Mr playboy."


"Hmm," Taehyung purrs, walking up behind him, warm hands resting on his hips "Playboy you say, sounds like a nice job." It's teasing.


"Try showing anyone this body and I'm breaking up with you." It sounds possessive  but it's all jokes.


Taehyung laughs "Not planning on, baby, you're the only one that'll see it."


 




 


They went to one of the cafés serving breakfast, ordering and sitting at a small round table just beside the large window, looking out into the busy streets of Seoul.


The atmosphere is warm and soft and it all feels nice. Both of them find it calming.


"Here's your order."


They both look up to see a lady with their food, Jungkook finding her odly familiar.


"Thank you-"


"Oppa!"


They both turn their attention towards the high pitched voice, belonging to a little girl. Soomi.


Jungkook smiles widely at the girl "Hey there." He laughs. And then he remembers; this lady is Soomi's mother.


"Ah honey, let the boy's eat."


Soomi ignores her mother and runs up to Jungkook, hugging him.
He laughs again "It's okay." He says "She's a sweet little girl."


Her mother gives a thankful smile and bows "I need to get back to work, enjoy your meal, come on Soomi."


"But I want to speak with oppa.."


Taehyung gives Soomi's mother a smile, as if to say she can stay. Her mother nods "Okay, but don't stay too long." And she walks off.


Jungkook pulls Soomi into his lap. Taehyung watches, dazed, the scene in front him is absolutely adorable.


"Oppa!" She gasps, hands dramatically slapping against her cheeks "I don't know your name!" And she makes it seem like something extremely important.


She know Taehyung, Jungkook told her his name that night. He never introduced himself though.


"Jungkook." He smiles.


She gives and abrupt nod "Jungkook oppa and Taehyung oppa." She smiles. "Are you brothers?"


Jungkook shakes his head. "Close friends." He says. "How's your bravery going?"


"Good! I saved my teddy when daddy wanted to put him into the washing machine!" She says "The big monster could eat him!"


Jungkook laughs "Good job, but maybe your teddy could take a bath once in a while."


Soomi giggles, nodding. She looks up at Jungkook and suddenly gasps again "What happened?" She asks, sounding highly concerned.


Jungkook lifts a brow in question.


"You have a bruise," she points at his neck. Taehyung brings up the cup of coffee to his lips, drinking to hide his smile.


Jungkook's eyes widen, face flushing. He gives and awkward laugh "It's nothing serious, just a small accident." He says, brushing his hand over one of the larger hickeys.


"While playing?"


Taehyung chokes on his coffee, placing the cup down and turning around, coughing.


If Jungkook wasn't as red as a strawberry already, he certainly is now "Y-yeah, you could say that.."


"Whats wrong with Tae-oppa?" She looks at Taehyung who is now half coughing half laughing.


"He's just being weird." Jungkook explains.


Soomi clicks her tounge, placing her hands on her hips sassily "Jungkook-oppa, you have to be careful while playing, it can be dangerous!" She says "Especially tag."


Jungkook is biting his lips, hard, trying not to laugh. He just gives a few nods.


"I've to go," she says, jumping off of Jungkook's lap "Mommy said not to stay too long. Enjoy your meal!" She says, waving and running off.


Taehyung has his head in his hands, calming down. Jungkook proceeds to eat, deciding to try and forget the topic.


"You heard her Kook," Taehyung starts, looks up with a quirked brow "Gotta be careful when playing, it can be dangerous."


"Shut up."


 




 


"Jungkook." Taehyung calls, walking into the sitting room.


Jungkook is sat on the couch, legs crossed, sketchbook in hand and hes scribbling some flowers down.
"Hm?" the boy looks up.


Taehyung sits down beside him. "I was thinking.." He starts "About our situation after the summer Holidays... when you've to go back to Busan."


Jungkook stares for s moment, he then places the sketchbook and pencil on the coffee table. Silence.
Taehyung glances at the paper, eyes simply scanning the pretty drawing.


Jungkook doesn't want to think about that, but he does know he has to face it, he'll have to leave and Taehyung will stay here and it will be hard. But he has to face it.


"Yeah?" He speaks, and it sounds weak, he hates it.


"I was thinking and... How about we move in together, in Busan?"


Jungkook's eyes widen "What?"


"This place just... holds so much, it all happened in Seoul, all bad and good." Taehyung says, looks at Jungkook "But I don't want to stay here, and I certainly don't want to let you go. We both have the money, we could buy a house, move in, start new. Of course only if you want that too."


Jungkook blinks, surprised, confused, happy. He lunges forward, throwing his hands around Taehyung and hugging him "Yes, god, yes."


Taehyung laughs, relieved, happy. He hugs Jungkook back, lays back on the couch with him. "We'll get a house by the sea, for the view. For you."
Jungkook just laughs, hugs Taehyung tighter. He actually looks forward to life.