chapter 16.

By my Side

I'm sorry, it's awfully late, the only excuse I got is writers block,,, I had to rewrite the whole first draft and change everything and it still isn't any good, I apologise.

 

 

"You two are the cheesiest couple I've ever met,"

Taehyung rolls his eyes at Yoongi, holding the cafe's door open for the three boy's as they walk in.

"I'll order, what do you want?" Jungkook looks at the others. Taehyung stands by his side.

"I'll go with you," the elder says. Yoongi and Jimin give the two their orders and go sit at a table.

Jungkook glances around the place, they decided to stop by the mall's cafe in between shopping. They haven't really bought anything yet, except a packet of crisps.

"I'd expect it to be busier here," Taehyung comments. The cafe isn't exactly empty, there's quite a few people around, and two in front of them in the line. But for a large mall near Kangnam, it's rare.

Jungkook nods in agreement with a little 'mhm', he turns to look at Jimin and Yoongi who choose to sit by the large window. As always. Taehyung turns with him, smiling at the two.

"Hello! What would you like?"

Both boys turn back to the cashier. Jungkook was about to speak up, but the abrupt change in the lady's expression made him pause. Taehyung also stayed silent.

"Tae-Tae?"

Now Jungkook's expression almost suits the other's two. He's just more confused.

"My goodness I haven't seen you in ages!"

Taehyung blinks a few times "I- yeah,"

Jungkook's gaze jumps from the girl, to Taehyung and then to his two friends at the table. Jimin is occupied with his phone, but Yoongis staring their way, looking quite odd, maybe a bit displeased. Jungkook turns back to the cashier.

"How have you been?" she smiles "You haven't changed one bit, still so handsome!"

Taehyung gives a gentle smile "I've been... busy," he answers, how else should he put it all into words.

She gives a nod, her eyes skip to Jungkook and she smiles again.
Taehyung glances at his boyfriend "This is Jungkook," he says and looks back at the girl "and that's Mei,"

The girl bows "Nice to meet you!" 
Jungkook sheepishly bows back "You too."

The boy hands Taehyung the money "Jimin wants me over, you order," he says, a small lie, a way to get out the situation. Maybe it seemed a bit rude, but something about the atmosphere was off and he didn't like it. He just walks towards his two friends.

Jungkook sits down in front of Jimin. Yoongi looks at the boy "What did she say?"

Jungkook lifts a brow at the elder in question. "The cashier?"
Yoongi nods.
Jungkook shrugs "She just kind of greeted Taehyung, I guess they know each other?"

"You don't know who she is?"

Jungkook frowns "Am I supposed to?"

Yoongi ponders on it. Jimin looks up at the two in curiosity.
"Has Taehyung ever told you about a crazy chick, throwing heels at him and ?"

Jungkook is smart, he can put 2 and 2 together, especially after Taehyung's crazy stories. Mei is Taehyung's ex he heard about before. Jungkook turns around slightly, looking at Taehyung and then at the girl who's now making their drinks. "Yeah," he mumbles. "I know."

"It's fine, last time Taehyung seen her was 2 years ago," Yoongi says, as if reassuring Jungkook. It makes the boy wonder, does he seem jealous?
Jungkook just nods.

Soon enough Taehyung sits at the table with them, a small wooden mat in hands with their coffee.
Jungkook stays on his phone as the rest grab their drinks. Taehyung notes how the boy is smiling. "What are you doing?"

Jungkook looks up, smile still decorating his lips "Texting Hoseok-hyung, something 'bout dance," he explains. Taehyung just gives a nod.

"Anything else?" A cheery voice rings, making all three boys look up again. Mei shoots a little wink at Taehyung, Jungkook doesn't fail to see it.

Jungkook doesn't quite know what jealousy feels like, but he hopes this isn't it.

"Kookie," The youngest hears Jimin and looks at him.
"Hm?"

"Do you want to share a muffin?"

Jungkook gives a smile and nods. Jimin asks for a muffin, Yoongi also gets something but Jungkook isn't paying attention. The boy stands up "I'll go to the toilet,"

"Is he okay?" Jimin mumbles when Jungkook's gone, Taehyung looks up at the other two.

"This is ridiculous," Yoongi comments "And you two are dumber than that chick," he glances at the cashier.

Taehyung frowns "What?"

"Jungkooks jealous, you bird brain," he says "Something he's never been..." the last part is a bit quieter, Yoongi glances at the restroom door.

Taehyung shakes his head "Of what, Mei?" he asks "That's stupid,"

"So are you,"

"Yoongi I swear to-"

"Hyung, Yoongi-Hyung," the elder corrects and stands up "And yes it's stupid, but thats how it works, people get jealous, you did too, no?" and he has the nerve to smirk. It's subtle, a little throw back to Taehyung's outburst over Jungkook and Yoongi spending some time together. Maybe it's a bit y, or unnecessary of Yoongi to point it out, but the key is 'subtle'.
Jimin is just listening, amused, finding it quite funny.

Yoongi then walks away from the table and towards the male toilets, the smirk still playing at his lips.

Yoongi and Taehyung have been friends for a while now. Taehyung knows what the older is trying to do; make him jealous. Yoongi has all reason to, from absolutely despising Mei, to being protective over Jungkook and his feelings. It's just more reasons to get Taehyung for it. But it's childish.

Taehyung hates to admit it but Yoongi is doing it all right. Because he wants to jump out of his seat right now and run to his boyfriend, keep Yoongi away. He knows the elder wouldn't do anything, he wouldn't cheat on Jimin. But still, the thought is there.

"And he calls me a child," Jimin mumbles, taking a drink of his coffee.

"Would Jungkook actually get jealous?"

Jimin looks up at Taehyung and shrugs "I never seen him get jealous..." he says "If so, he'll probably get over it the moment we leave this place,"

Taehyung takes a drink of his coffee. He doesn't want Jungkook feeling jealous, that leads to insecurity and then that leads to lack of trust and it all ends up in a fight. He might be over thinking it, but last thing Taehyung wants is an argument.

Soon both Jungkook and Yoongi walk through the restrooms door. The younger laughing lightly, most likely at something Yoongi has said. They sit back at the table just when the cashier walks up with their orders.

She places them out to everyone before smiling at Taehyung. "I was wondering, would you have time later today?"

Now, Jungkook had nothing against the girl, she's Taehyung's ex, thats fine. Yoongi is Jungkook's ex yet they get along, they're best friends. Why would he stop Taehyung from being friends with Mei? But she's asking him out right now, and it's not really what she's doing that's ticked him off a bit, but how she's doing it, in front of everyone, all giggly and .

Jungkook turns to Jimin, deciding to listen to what Yoongi said just a minute ago and 'ignore it, the girl means nothing to him.' He just smiles at his friend and they share the muffin.

"Sorry but this is really out of place," Taehyung gives an apologetic smile "And I'm spending the day with my friends," He takes hold of Jungkook's hand, startling the boy. The younger looks at Taehyung. "and my boyfriend."

Jungkook certainly didn't expect that, but it's a nice turn to things. He gives a small smile and looks down, feeling Taehyung squeeze his hand gently.This whole situation just seems ridiculous to him, but what Taehyung did was reassuring.

"Oh, right," the girl says, face falling. "Okay."

 


 

"I am not buying you that-"

"Please," Jimin whines, pulling at Yoongi's arms "Yoongi-hyung,"

Jungkook watches in amusement. Jimin is trying to get Yoongi to buy him a Kumamon pajama. Jungkook would rather call it an overly revealing costume, but whatever the label says.

"Jimin you're five you're not gonna wear that-"

"But-"

"It looks like something a stripper would wear," Yoongi cuts in, attempting to push the boy away.

"Let me be your stripper," The boy purrs.

Jungkook snorts, turning around just when Taehyung walks out of the changing room. They decided to shop for something to wear to Seokjin's and Namjoon's wedding. Taehyung found a white shirt, it's made up of delicate material, and it's really flowing. Something unusual. He wore a pair of black skinny jeans to it.

The older turns to the large mirror. "I don't know," he mumbles "Maybe I'm too old to wear outfits like this.."

Jungkook laughs, walking up behind him "Too old?" he wraps his arms around Taehyung's waist "G-dragon wears stuff like this and looks hella good," he says "You're just hotter."

Taehyung shakes his head with a laugh.
Jungkook smiles at him through the mirror "What? I'm serious."

"C'mon, time for your outfit," The elder escapes Jungkook's hold.

The boy grabs his clothes. "The changing rooms are full," he then feels Taehyung's hand on his.

"I see no problem," Taehyung pulls Jungkook towards his changing room, closing the blinds behind them. It's quite small, but enough for the two.

Taehyung starts undoing the buttons of his shirt but Jungkook stays still.
"You gonna change or need help?" Taehyung quircks a brow. Jungkook rolls his eyes, placing his chosen clothes on the small seat-like thing.

The moment Jungkook gets a hold of the hem of his T-shirt, he's being pulled closer to Taehyung by his jeans belt loops.

"So, need help?" The older smirks, face close to Jungkook's.

The younger smiles, places a quick kiss on Taehyung's lips, acting innocent. "I'm not a child, I can undress myself,"

"What if i want to do it?" Taehyung's voice turn low, he starts unbuckling Jungkook's belt. It's supposed to be flirty, but really it's just silly play.

"We're in a public place," The younger laughs. Taehyung kisses him.

"That makes it hotter,"

"I won't you in a changing room,"

"Then let me  you," By now Taehyung is also smiling, almost laughing.
Jungkook lightly pushes Taehyung away, shaking his head " bastard,"

They end up getting the clothes they tried on first time, of course, without having in the changing room. The idea will probably stick with Jungkook for the future though.

 


 

"I can't believe you got him that," Taehyung says, staring at Yoongi.

"Me neither," the elder mumbles, quite disappointed in himself. Jimin got the Kumamon pajama.

They walk further through the mall, buying a few little things on their way.
They've passed the same shops a few times now, and each time they walked through one of the less crowded places, Taehyung noticed how Jungkook glanced at one specific place.

As they stand in line for ice-cream, which was of course Jimin's bright idea, Taehyung spots Jungkook just turning back to them.

"What were you looking at?"

Jungkook looks at his boyfriend, confused for a moment before smiling "The tattoo parlour has nice designs on display," he turns back around, looking at the said place "The line art is cool."

Taehyung stands closer to him "Tattoos huh?" he wraps his arms around Jungkook's shoulders from the back,  "I've an idea," he grins.

 

 

There isn't much plot, but at least I wrote something???

Hope you all had a lovely, freaky Halloween!