Chapter 17.

By my Side

I've no good excuse, writers block is a biiiiiitch.

BuT I'M BACK AND FULL OF IDEAS-

---

 

"A tattoo?"

Taehyung gives a nod, walking. Jungkook right beside him.

Yoongi shoots a skeptical look their way. "Shouldn't you like, think bout it?"

"Already did." Taehyung says as they walk towards the tattoo parlour.

The elder sighs "Think about it for a little longer than five minutes? it's a commitment, make sure you won't regret it."

Jungkook snorts, "Hyung, you're the one with an alien tattooed on your ."

Yoongi glares and stops, crossing his arms at the two "Exactly, I speak from experience."

Jimin laughs, but Taehyung raises a suspicious brow at his boyfriend. "How do you know he has an tat?" it comes a bit cold which Taehyung didn't intend on.

"What?" Yoongi throws his arm over Taehyung's shoulder "Jealous he seen my before yours?" he smirks.

Taehyung glares and Jungkook rolls his eyes "And I'm supposed to be the youngest here."

Jimin sighs, grabbing onto Yoongi "We'll leave you guys be, lets meet here when you're done," He smiles at the other couple and pulls Yoongi away.

"Are you sure you want to do it?" Taehyung asks when they step into the parlour.
Jungkook smiles. "I always did, never got around to it though..."

The process was quick, so was the decision of what tattoo to get.
It was kind of a 'in the moment' thing.

You see, couple matching is famous in Korea, it's everywhere, but not tattoos. Tattoos alone are seen as taboo. And as a couple thing? pure stupid. If you get a matching tattoo and then break up with that person, it's just a reminder of someone you want to forget.

So Taehyung made sure to ask Jungkook at least ten times if he's okay with this, if he's sure. This is the type of moment you gotta face the reality a bit more than usual, and the reality here is that they're human, they're in love but they could end up going separate ways in the end just like anyone else. Their bond is stronger than that of a normal couple, but the truth is, it's still as vulnerable.

Yet there's a difference, and the difference is that no matter whats to come in the future, Jungkook, Taehyung, neither would ever want to forget the other, because Taehyung gave Jungkook a chance to live and Jungkook gave Taehyung a reason. They don't want to forget that.

It isn't longe before Jungkook is sat in the large, leather chair, the inside of his left forearm exposed to the artist.

The idea is simple, something Jungkook thought of and Taehyung instantly loved.
'I'll always be by your side,' Taehyung said one night when Jungkook was feeling hopeless.

---


Jungkook looks down to his forearm, 'Always by your side' inked in Taehyung's handwriting on his pale skin, he can't help but smile when it's finished despite the sting. A sweet bright smile which makes the tattoo artist proud of her little piece and makes Taehyung smile back.

Taehyung gets the same thing on the inside of his right forearm, just in Jungkook's handwriting.

Neither will regret it, wether they die together or go their separate ways, it's their reminder life is worth living.

---

 

Taehyung texted Yoongi when they were finished and leaving the tattoo parlour, of course not before generously tipping the artist, who not only did a great job but was extremely lovely to them, something that's slightly hard to come by in Korea when you're partners of the same .

 

"Took you a while," Yoongi comments.

 

Taehyung raises a brow "It's a tattoo, what do you expect?"

 

"Did Jungkookie cry~?" Jimin teases.

 

"Yeah," the younger says "Out of happiness," he laughs, walking up to Jimin "I think you forgot what my pain tolerance is."

 

Taehyung rolls his eyes at their antiques, but there's a bitter taste in his mouth after hearing Jungkook. It’s like a silent reminder of what really caused Jungkook to have said high pain tolerance. A little sting to Taehyung's heart.

 

"What did you get?" Jimin's excitement practically radiates off of him, his teasing demeanor gone.

 

Jungkook smiles at his friend, stretching his left arm out and pulling down the foil and bandage to expose the tattoo, it's becoming slightly smeared with ink and blood, but that'll be gone soon enough.
Taehyung does the same, slightly pulling the clear foil off of his right arm.

 

Jimin tilts his head a bit to read the words inked vertically. He grins upon noticing it's Jungkook hand writing which is covering Taehyung's arm, his guess is it works vice versa, Jungkook having Taehyung's writing.

 

"That is extremely ing cheesy," Yoongi comments, but he doesn't even try hiding his smile.

 

Jimin stabs his boyfriend with his elbow "That is extremely ing cute!" the boy's grin grows.
This time Yoongi laughs and nods, agreeing.

 

---

 


Yoongi shuts the door close behind him when they walk into Taehyung's apartment. Jungkook and Jimin decided they're going to go buy an ice-cream pack so they'll be back soon.


"I'm exhausted," Yoongi mumbles, pulling his jacket off.

Taehyung breathes a laugh "You always are," he just finishes taking his shoes off when there's a knock on the door. Both boys turn it's way.

Taehyung walks up and opens it to be greeted by Hoseok, who'sholding a laptop and some papers in his hand.
"Everything okay?"

There's a glint of worry in Hoseok's eyes, curiosity too, maybe.

"I know who wants Jungkook's father free, and it isn't my parents."

Taehyung looks back at Yoongi and then at Hoseok, nodding "Come in."

They waste no time, walking into the kitchen with everything, placing the laptop and papers on the counter. Hoseok glances at Yoongi and then at Taehyung to confirm it's alright.

"Yoongis a friend and works with me, he knows everything, it's okay," Taehyung stands by the other, looking down at the papers. "Wasn't it your parents payment?"

Hoseok nods "You could say so," he hands Taehyung a piece of paper "But I'm in charge of making sure no money's gone missing from our family account," he explains "I checked it today and there's been a large sum of money transferred out of it during the last month."

Taehyung raises a brow at that, scanning over the papers. Hoseok continues.

"I checked my father's and mother's accounts but neither had any unusual transactions, the family account is missing over a billion."

Yoongi, who's fallowing the conversation, also picked up some papers, "It says the money has been transferred to Kim Mei..." he says and looks up "who's that?"

Hoseok opens up his laptop "My aunt, that's why nothing led you to her, if you tried getting any info on her in your files, it would be possible."

 

Taehyung looks at Hoseok, confused "Why is that?"

 

"She moved to China 4 years ago, unofficially changing her name."

 

Yoongi turns to Taehyung in realisation "She did it illegally, that's why we wouldn't have her in our files."

 

"Are you saying she's the one paying for Jeon's penalty?"

 

Hoseok gives a tilted nod "My parents are giving her the money to pay,"

 

"Why?" Yoongi asks. "This makes no sense..."

 

Hoseok clicks a few things on his laptop, opening some folder "I don't know that, yet," he says.

 

Taehyung puts the papers down "If she changed her name illegally, we have no proof it actually is her paying for his penalty, or that she even has the money, we don't even know how she looks."

 

Hoseok's lips form into a small smirk. "And thats why I logged into the banks management account, printed out the transactions and the CCTV images," he says, pulling out the other papers and handing them to the other two. "There was no pattern between transactions, yet everytime it happened, this woman, Mei, happened to be entering and leaving the bank."

 

It's and unexplainable thing that Taehyung feels. Looking down at the clear security camera images, different angels, different times, all showing the same woman but Taehyung refuses to believe what he's seeing. This is impossible.

 

"No," Yoongi lets out a laugh, a confused reaction, disbelief. He looks from Hoseok to Taehyung and the moment their eyes meet, both Taehyung and Yoongi know they're not seeing things. The elders confused smile fades.

 

"ing-" Yoongi bites his tongue, frustrated he slams the papers on the counter and turns around towards the empty room, hands on hips, weight shifting from one leg to another "no!" he barks "No ing way!"

 

Hoseok stares, confused.

 

"Hoseok, thats impossible," Taehyung says, voice low, in denial.

 

"What?" The boy asks, still confused. "Why?"

 

"That woman died 4 years ago."