Chapter 3.

By my Side

Taehyung takes Jungkook's suitcase from him, leading them up the stairs of the familiar building.

"You didn't move out?" Jungkook asks quietly as they walks up.
Taehyung shakes his head "Somehow I couldn't get myself to move"

The rest of the walk is silent. Jungkook would much prefer if the lift worked. It would be faster and less tiring, and stubborn Taehyung wouldn't carry the boy's suitcase up.

They finally reach Taehyung's floor. Jungkook can hear loud, fast footsteps getting closer, and just as they're about to turn the hall's corner, someone runs into him. But before Jungkook could stumble and fall, he's stopped by the person's strong grip.

"I am so so sorry!- Jungkook?"

Jungkook takes a moment to realize what happened, he looks up to see a familiar face. He quickly pulls himself back together, standing up. The males hand's still on his hips.

Taehyung is about to say something when a high pitched scream stops him.

"Hoseok!" A girl walks furiously down the hallway, bare feet, red heels in one hand, matching her extremely short red dress. And she is certainly not happy.

She stops at the view of the trio standing at the stairs. One hand on her hip, a disgusted expression showing instantly "So this is that toy of yours?" She asks, glaring at Jungkook, voice full of attitude.

Hoseok's eyes widen, he pulls his hands off of Jungkook "What? No not him-" he pauses "And he is no toy leave me alone you crazy "

"You bastard!" She screeches, throwing one heel at him. Hoseok squats, barley managing to avoid it. He quickly stands up when he hears the heel hit the wall.
He looks at Jungkook and Taehyung "I'd love to talk but I'm kinda on a run so see you guys later" he runs down, jumping off the last few steps, the girls running past them and after Hoseok "Get back here you rat!"

Taehyung looks from the stairs at Jungkook "Yea. . . did I ever tell you Hoseok is rich, gay and forced to marry that woman?"

Jungkook looks at the older "Sounds cliche"
Taehyung nods with a chuckle "It is"

They walk into the male's apartment. Jungkook sheepishly following in.

Taehyung looks at him, setting the suitcase down "You've been here before so don't act so shy" he smirks.
Jungkook sticks his tongue out in a childish manner.

 

 

 

Jungkook hugs his knees as he stares at the tv, watching some action film with Taehyung that they found while searching through channels. The ads start playing for the third time within the last forty minutes, Jungkook sits back in the couch when a loud thud startles him. He turns to look out the balcony door "When did it start raining?" He mumbles. The thud comes again, this time making Jungkook flinch.

"Are you scared of thunder?" Taehyung asks, amused by Jungkooks reaction.
The younger shakes his head, looking back at the tv "No, but I don't like it" he admits.

Taehyung, knowing that the ads will be on for another good few minites, stands up, walking into the kitchen part of the room.
Jungkook looks up in curiosity, eyes following Taehyung and he can't help but look his body up and down, noting that Taehyung must have hit the gym because his frame seems just slightly buffer, his arms more muscular than last year.

Jungkooks phone is what makes him tear his eyes away, the device audibly vibrating and he quickly picks its up to see Jimin's ID.
"Hey" he says after answering the call, shocking himself with how bothered he sounded, not meaning it of course.

"Kookie did you hear the thunder!" Jimin squeaks on the other side.

Jungkook has to pull the device away from his year "Aish I'm gonna go deaf because of you one day" he mumbles "Yes I did, what you scared?"

"Me? Scared of thunder? Pfft" Jimin soumds anything but convincing.

"Why'd you call then?" Jungkook is standing up, slowly walking over to where Taehyung is as he keeps the phone to his ear, curious of what the older is doing. Or maybe he just wants to watch Taehyung a bit more. Whatever, same thing.

"Uhm- to see if you're not scared" Jimin says, once again, sounding not too convincing.

Jungkook let's out a low laugh "I've Taehyung here with me, I'm perfectly fine" he looks up to see a confused Taehyung smiling down at him, probably not knowing what the conversation is about.
Jungkook rests his elbows on kitchen island, watching Taehyung as he pulls out whats seems like two mugs.

"Oh" he hears Jimin, and it isn't a hurt 'oh', or a shocked one. Jimin said it in a mocking way. "Did I interrupt something?" He purrs. A whistle comes, most likely from Yoongi who is oh so rudely listening in on their conversation.

Jungkook could feel blood rushing to his face and he tilts his head down, pretending to be doing that thing that girls do with their nails, so Taehyung doesn't notice the redness of his cheeks "The most you interrupted are ads on the TV" he says casually.

He knows Taehyung is looking at him again, this time amused, taking a wild guess in what boy Park Jimin has said.

"Sure~" Jimin stretches the word "Ima go then, leave you two at whatever you we're doing"
Jungkook rolls his eyes "Yea bye hyung" he hangs up.

"So what was that about?" He hears Taehyung and looks up, placing the phone down. 
"Jimin is scared of thunder so he called to ask if I'm scared"

Taehyung laughs with a nod.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook questions, watching Taehyung put a bottle of milk back in the fridge. He didn't pay enough attention while talking with Jimin to see what Taehyung was doing.

"Do you like hot chocolate?" The older looks up.

Jungkook gives a nod "Yea. . .but last time I had it I was fifteen" he half laughs.
"Well then," Taehyung says, grabbing one of the mugs and setting it in front of Jungkook "It's time to change that" 

Jungkook takes the warm mug in his hands, enjoying the way it warms them. But he stays still, simply staring at the man in front of him, dazed all of a sudden. Taehyung gives him a questioning look, he rests his lower arms on the counter, staring back at Jungkook.

The air hangs between them, it's absolutely silent except the rain outside hitting the glass door.
Taehyung stares back at the younger with just as much interest.

"Did I ever tell you you've really pretty eyes?" Jungkook almost whispers. And he means it, he could get lost in the other's eyes. They can show so little but so much, and maybe, just maybe Jungkook could figure out Taehyung's blank stares.

Taehyung didn't expect that, but he isn't disappointed. Most would point out his body first, maybe lips at times, it always happened when he worked at the bar. But Jungkook is the first to say something about his eyes, and he actually looks like he means it.

He sighs out a small laugh "Did I ever tell you you're pretty?" And he almost stops himself, because Taehyung didn't think before speaking. But Jungkook's reaction isn't bad, or so he thinks.
The boy's cheek's are dusted pink, he hangs his head down with a shy smile, and an unusual laugh that resembles more of a giggle. Taehyung is sure it's the cutest thing he's ever seen.

Jungkook picks his mug up and turns around, the small of his back resting against the counter edge.
Taehyung smirks, walking around the counter to stand in front of Jungkook, he rests both hands on the boy's hips and pulls him closer against him "Grown up man Jungkook got all shy all of a sudden?" He teases.

Jungkook rolls his eyes "You're the one acting immature now" he says, tapping his fingers against the mug in his hands, eyes stuck to the hot chocolate.
Taehyung huffs a laugh before leaning down a bit, pecking the boy's lips, startling Jungkook. The younger looks up at Taehyung who's face is just inches away, he repeats his action, but this time the kiss is slightly longer, and even when he does pull away, Jungkook could feel it linger. Taehyung's lips are as warm as the hot chocolate, yet much more addictive.

Neither say anything, Taehyung winks at Jungkook, making the boy grin at the cute act.

Jungkook, who would never open up to anyone or show his feelings, is very much in love. And he'll do everything to make sure Taehyung doesn't doubt it.

 

 

 

"We should go to sleep" Taehyung whispers over the movie.
  "Mhm" comes a purr from the younger boy beside him.

Taehyung glances down to notice Jungkook dozing off, half asleep already. He smiles down at the younger.

Jungkook manages to open one eye when he feels Taehyung getting up, he looks at him.

"C'mon" Taehyung says "Time for bed kiddo"

Jungkook glares as much as his left over power allows to. "I'm only-" he pauses in realization.

Taehyung lifts a brow at him "6 years younger?" He teases.

Jungkook lays down on the couch with a groan "Shut up"

Taehyung puts on a shocked expression "That is no way to speak to your elders" he lays both hands on his hips.

"You sound like Seokjin-hyung" Jungkook mumbles, already falling back to sleep "Goodnight" he turns over on the couch.

"I'm not that old" Taehyung laughs. "And get up, sleeping on the couch is bad for you"

"I've slept in worse places"

Taehyung sighs "Up Jungkook" he orders.

"I didn't make the bed in my room, I'll just sleep here" the boy is practically forcing words out now, desperately needing sleep.

"Fine then" Taehyung says.
Suddenly theres arms around Jungkook's body and he feels himself being lifted off the couch. "I want sleeeeep, put me down Tae" he puts no effort into the punch he throws at Taehyung's back, his legs instinctively wrapping around his waist.

"No sleeping on the couch" Taehyung carries him to his room.
"You're sleeping with me" he says, kicking the room's door open.

"That's child ia" Jungkook nuzzles his face in the males broad shoulder, trying not to laugh.
Taehyung drops him on the bed with a half glare "Okay then, I'll sleep on the couch"

"Nonono-" Jungkook grabs Taehyung's wrist just when he's about to walk away, pulling the older on top of him.
Taehyung's hands land on each side of Jungkook's head, holding himself up, laughing at the boy's childishness.

Jungkook opens his eyes to realize how close Taehyung really is. He opens his mouth to speak but immediately shuts it close because he has absolutely no clue what to say. The atmosphere drops down to something it hasn't ever before.
Everything happens too fast, yet as if in slow motion.

Taehyung's gaze falls to the youngers lips for just a split second, in thought, of things he could but shouldn't do.
Jungkook could only melt under the males wandering eyes, waiting for something, anything to happen.

And finally he's about to speak up, say something along the lines of 'What you staring at?' And just laugh it off.
 But the way Taehyung whispers a low, gruff " it" shuts him up.

And before he knows it Taehyung's lips are on his in a much more daring, desperate kiss than they ever had before. And he kisses back with just as much fervor.