Chapter 11.

By my Side

"We're always brought back to this park," Taehyung says lowly, hands in pockets and he's standing a reasonable length behind Jungkook. The boy knew he was there.

Taehyung sits down a step or two away from Jungkook, watching his distance. 

"I'm sorry," he says after a longer moment, glancing at the boy. He sees the last of Jungkook's tears glimmering under the moonlight, he's staring at the water with a monotone expression.

"For working when I promised not to... For not even asking how you are," Taehyung looks back at the water "for accusing you of something I know you wouldn't do."

Jungkook stays silent, he knows if he speaks his voice will sound weak, he knows he's also at fault. He also hurt Taehyung.

"To think that something like this could push us apart... After all we went through." Taehyung says.

"Do you think we got into a relationship too fast?" Jungkook asks, voice low, almost a whisper.

Taehyung looks at the boy again, eyebrows slightly furrowing, this time in pain "No, never did." He says "Do you?"

"No," Jungkook murmurs "I-... this year without you was like a trip through hell..." He says "I don't know if I'd be able to continue if not you."

"I'm so sorry," Jungkook's voice is a really low, weak whisper "I didn't mean what I said, I trust you more than I trust myself... I just-" he stops.
"It was so ing childish of me to say such things out of anger."

"I'm at fault too, for making it seem like I used you," Taehyung says "But I want you to know that I would never even think of doing that to you..."

"I know..." The younger murmurs, only curling into himself more.

"When I went to speak with my father," he starts after another moment of silence. "He said anything to turn me against you... I didn't believe him, I still don't and never will" he says "But I feel so guilty for even considering it!"

The cold is gone, the fear is too. Taehyung's arms are wrapped around Jungkook's crumbling frame and he holds him. "It was a stupid argument, neither of us ment anything that was said," Taehyung whispers "We can't let this be the thing that breaks us apart so lets forget it, yeah?"

"...Yeah."


 


The next day carries out a bit better. Still a bit awkwaw but better.

Taehyung managed to finish any work after they got back home, he stayed up till almost 3am. But he had to get it done and over with.

Jungkook made breakfast as an apology, to which Taehyung smiled sadly and told him he shouldn't feel guilty, that it's okay.

And so the day passed slowly. 

It's just past five when Taehyung walks into the sitting room where Jungkook is scribbling in his sketchbook. The younger looks up to see his boyfriend dressed in black tight skinny jeans and buttoning up his black dress shirt. And , does he look breath taking.

"You going somewhere?"

"Were going somewhere," Taehyung corrects "But firs I've to drop by the shop. I expect you to be dressed by the time I'm back, pretty boy." He winks.
And so he leaves.

Jungkook sighs, confused but he complies anyways, forcing himself off the couch to go get dressed.

 


By the time Taehyung is heard walking back into the apartment, Jungkook managed to quickly change.

Jungkook, not sure of how he was supposed to dress, chose on wearing a pair of grey washed-out-looking skinny jeans with a thick black belt and a black v-neck t-shirt. He never really had the occasion to dress nicely. Only time he remembers is for his parents wedding where he had to wear a suit.

Upon hearing the door open, Jungkook walks out into the hallway, still confused  "Tae, why are-" he stops.

Taehyung smiles at him gently. His first thought is that Jungkook looks stunning no matter what he wears. "You look beautiful." he comments, walking over to the boy with the large bouquet of roses in his hands.

Jungkook is awestruck by the blood red flowers. Taehyung steps as close as possible until only the bouquet is between them. He gently guides one of Jungkook's hands to hold it. "For my love." He mumbles.

Jungkook wants to speak but he can't. He simply stares at the large bouquet.

"I'm taking you out for dinner, to catch up for the awful week we had."

Jungkook smiles down at the beautiful flowers. "I really, do not deserve any of this."
Taehyung places a kiss on his lips to shush him. 

 


Taehyung said dinner, so naturally they were going to a restaurant.
But Jungkook didn't think he'd bring him to such a posh looking place. He must have paid a lot to get them in here.

The walls are black, yellow wall lights illuminating the place, creating a candle light effect and making it somewhat cosy. Large windows looking out into the streets of Kangnam.

It doesn't take long before they're being led to their table. Taehyung pulling the chair out for Jungkook to sit in.

It's all formal and cliché, but as much as Jungkook expected this cliché thing to make it all feel forced, it doesn't. In fact, everything feels free and lovely and Jungkook is getting those weird butterflies in his stomach.

They're getting their wine poured while waiting for the food. Lifting the Bordeaux wine glass up to his lips, Taehyung notices Jungkook staring right at him. His large, dark doe eyes are sparkling under the warm light over their table.

"What?" Taehyung chuckles at Jungkook's amused expression.

"Black shirt, red wine, that dangerously blank stare," Jungkook purrs "All you need is a gun and people could mistake you for a mafia leader."

The older takes a sip of the blood colored liquid "Do I look bad?"

Jungkook pushes his gaze away, a small smirk hiding behind his own wine glass "Awfully hot."

The food comes and they proceed to eating, talking, laughing at small stupid jokes. It's all good now. They said they wouldn't let a stupid argument stand between them, and they didn't. 

Because they might have hit rock bottom, but the only way they could go after that, is top. And they went higher than before.

It's perfect. The cloudless night, they're presence, the wine, the music, the food. It all really seems perfect.

"Nobody move!"

Almost, perfect.

"Nobody ing move!"

Jungkook eyes shoot over Taehyung's shoulder and towards the main desk by the door. A masked, armed man standing, pointing a pistol at the lady by the cash register who's frantically taking any money and throwing them in a black bag.

Taehyung turns to look, taking a quick scan of the situation and then looking back at Jungkook. The boy is staring at the scene closely. Taehyung knows he's thinking of something, wants to do something.

Jungkook is fast to figure the man is alone. The restaurant isn't large and one person would really be enough to rob it. But only if skilled enough. It's Jungkook's job to check if he is.

When the man is done with the money, he grabs the closest person and holds the gun up to their head, walking backwards towards the hall with the toilets and fire exit. "One movement and I pull the trigger!"

The moment the man lets go of his hostage and legs it towards the hallway, Jungkook is out of his seat, right after the criminal.

Taehyung runs after them.
He notices how the men's bathroom door swing back and fort quickly when he enters the hallway and he runs in.

Taehyung comes to and instant stop, hand still on the door.

"Close the door." The masked man speaks, his left arm around Jungkook's neck, right holding a gun to his temple. Taehyung lets the door go and close automatically.

Everything comes to an abrupt slow down.

He's been in situations like this before, there was a person held hostage in most jobs he was to do. But the person would usually squirm in fear and try to escape, while Jungkook stood calmly, hands just gently pulling at the man's arm because ', it hurts'

"Back up at the wall behind me," the armed man speaks, watching as Taehyung makes careful steps, eyes on the two. "Faster!"

When Taehyung reaches the wall the man let's Jungkook go, pistol still pointed at him as he gets closer to the door and runs out.

Jungkook and Taehyung chase after him. The criminal turns to see the boy behind him, automatically pushing the closest round table in his way and legging it. 

With quick thinking, Jungkook slides over the surface and manages to take a hold of the man, pushing him against the closest table, the gun slipping out of his hand.

Taehyung is right behind them, picking the weapon up with sly movement. People backing up in fear.

The male pushes Jungkook back before repeating his action, once again wrapping his arms around Jungkook's neck from behind him. This time no weapon is involved, Jungkook uses any strength gathered up and throws the man over his shoulder, the male doing a 180 forward, hitting the ground hard with a grunt.

Taehyungs now standing at the man's feet with the gun pointed at him, people around them applauding as two security guards harshly force the man up. 

Taehyung glances up at Jungkook, the boy is catching his breath, standing straight.

"Jumpin' over tables and flippin' people like it's nothing," Taehyung raises a brow, surprised. "never knew you're this ing skilled, Jeon" 

Jungkook huffs a laugh "It was useful a while ago."


 


Jungkook is standing by the restaurant's door outside, arms crossed over his chest. 
He's watching from a distance as Taehyung speaks to a few officers. The red and blue police car lights are illuminating the streets and everything looks like pulled right out of an action crime movie.

"Hello sir!" Jungkook hears and glances down, surprised to see a small girl running over to him waving, and what seems like her parents after her. "Soomi honey stop!"

"Oppa you're a superhero!" She exclaims, looking up at Jungkook who is understandably confused.

"You ran after the bad guy and then the other oppa did too!" She says, jumping up in excitement "And then you ran out with him and you threw him down and nobody was hurt even when he had a gun!"

Jungkook figures the girl must have been in the restaurant.

"We're really sorry!" The mother of the girl says, laughing awkwardly "She can be-"

"It's okay," Jungkook laughs and crouches down so he's equal height to the girl.

"I want to be like oppa when I grow up!" She grins "And I want to save people!"

Jungkook smiles "Yea?" He asks and pulls the girl closer, pointing at Taehyung. "You see that man there?" 
She nods "It's the other brave oppa!"

Jungkook chuckles "It's my friend Taehyung, that oppa worked for the police, he's very brave," He smiles "He saved me too."

"Really?! From what?!"

"Really, from..." He stops, his lips, tries to think of a way to phrase it "From bad people."

"I want to be like oppa!"

"I'm sure you will be," Jungkook smiles, turning to look at the little girl "Just remember one thing," he says, grabbing the girl's small hands. She looks at him, all ears, clearly listening.

"No matter what happens, have a good heart, and don't give up on anything," he gives a gentle smile "Or anyone... and you will be as brave as oppa."

She nods frantically "I will have a good heart! And I'll never give up!"

Jungkook looks up to see Taehyung who made his way up to them, looking down at the two, lifting a brow in question.

Soomi turns to look at Taehyung, she smiles "I will be as brave as you!" she exclaims "And I will save people like you saved him!" She hugs Jungkook.

Taehyung laughs surprised before crouching down. "I'm sure you will." He gives a box shaped smile.

"Soomi that's enough," her mother smiles and the girl pulls away. 

"Thank you!" She waves at the two, the mother herself bowing. Taehyung and Jungkook both stand up to copy the gesture.

"You've a fan." Taehyung laughs. Jungkook just smiles, watching the girl skip away.

"I guess, that's it for our dinner..." The older mumbles "Sorry."
Jungkook takes his hand "I'm more of a coffee date person anyways." he jokes and they start walking back.


 


"Mafia leader huh?" Taehyung says after passing the mirror when they walk into the apartment, taking their shoes off. It's low and suggestive and out of place but sounds so right.

Jungkook shakes his head in dismissal, chuckling. 

They walk into the main room and Jungkook barely manages to reach the counter before Taehyung is standing behind him, hands on the boy's hips.

His arms snake up Jungkook's body and the younger notices the gun in Taehyung's right hand. He probably got it from under the couch, it's alwayd hidden there.
"Hands up Jeon," He growls, smirking.
Jungkook laughs gently, wiggling out of the male's hold but Taehyung quickly turns him around so they're face to face, pushing the younger back against the counter.

"Not obeying orders?" Taehyung mumbles "I've a gun here, Kook." he waves the weapon slowly in front of Jungkook's face.

"Will you shoot me, Kim?" Jungkook takes hold of both of Taehyung's hands, resting them on the counter behind him, trapping himself.

Taehyung chuckles, low and dark. "Will you obey me?"

The answer comes after a moment of silence, a moment of dangerous eyes looking each other down "Will I?" He whispers.

Taehyung lets the gun go, staring deep into Jungkook's eyes. Their game comes to an instant stop. And they just stay still, eye contact strong. Everything slowing down.

The aie hangs between them, Jungkook's heart beat increases the slightest. He's first to break his eye away, skipping down to Taehyung's soft lips, and suddenly they look absolutely candy like, he wants nothing else but to have them on his own. 

And he gets what he wants when Taehyung moves in.

And the whole scene just takes a sudden change. And it all happens almost too fast.

Taehyung makes the bold move and grabs Jungkook's thighs, lifting him up, sitting him on the kitchen counter, pushing his tongue in when Jungkook gasps at the sudden movement.

Taehyung's hands travel up Jungkook's thighs, down and then back up, his legs spread and Taehyung between them. He feels the boy's fingers thread through his hair, pulling in a sweetly aching way and Taehyung digs his own fingers into Jungkook's thighs, making him groan lowly.

The older forces himself away from the kiss, catching his breath but looking up at Jungkook as if to confirm. To check if the boy really wants it. If he's ready.

Jungkook just pulls him in for another kiss. And Taehyung has his answer.