Six

Lab Coats and Bank Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         

“What the h*ll did we see at the meeting?” Jimin collapses against the couch, and Taehyung plops down next to him, the two of them curling up.
 

“We saw that whatever we thought about that Raspberry girl was wrong,” Yoongi pulls out his laptop and starts tapping away. “She definitely can’t be a group mistress now.”


Namjoon rolls his eyes at Yoongi’s inability to remember the girl’s name.


“She fought a member of Big Bang with a knife,” Hoseok shudders. “And she didn’t lose.”


“She would have if she kept going,” Taehyung mutters under his breath. “After she lost her sunglasses, you could read her movements from her eyes.”


“Of course Taehyung was watching her that closely,” Jimin rolls his eyes.


“What is that supposed to mean?”


“It’s okay Taehyung, you can admit she’s attractive.” The side of Namjoon’s mouth twitches, half-smiling, as he gulps down a glass of water. “I can’t even deny that.”


“That’s because you’re a ert,” Hoseok shoots back bluntly. “I was too busy trying to figure out what was going on instead of staring at her legs or her chest.”


Jimin nods absentmindedly, “How was she fighting in a dress like that?”


“You couldn’t even see her face, Namjoon,” Jin cuffs the back of the leader’s face as the rest of them guffaw. “How do you know if she was attractive?”


Namjoon’s sly smile earns him another cuff and louder laughter.


“But I didn’t expect her to stand up for us,” Jungkook murmurs when the rest sober down. “Whose side is she really on?”


“Neither ally nor foe,” Taehyung mutters under his breath. “Those who aren’t on either side are the most unpredictable.”


“What if she’s dirty laundry?” Namjoon says slowly, wiping a stray drop at the corner of his mouth. “You know, like a secret that they don’t want public?”


“That much is obvious,” Jin walks in from the kitchen, eating leftover noodles. “How’s that different from before?”


“We thought that she was keeping herself a secret, but it’s not just her that’s a factor now. Big Bang plays a part too.”


“The best solution is to find her public image,” Yoongi says bluntly. “Find her, figure out what Bigbang is hiding, and then escape from being Big Bang’s little b*tch.”


“And here we were thinking that you were being complacent after Seunghyun complimented you,” Jimin laughs, slinging an arm over Yoongi’s neck and lightening the mood. Yoongi rolls his eyes in response, sinking farther into the couch’s cushions, not looking up from his laptop.


Hoseok springs up, cursing. “I have a quiz due online in half an hour that I haven’t taken.”


The other members bolt off the couch, yelling something about homework. Taehyung sighs, pushing himself off the cushion. Energy and entropy homework didn’t wait for anyone. Especially with such a boring professor.
 


“What were you thinking?” Jackson hisses at her, and Shira’s heart jumps into at the sudden question at the end of the movie. “Do you want to get discovered?”


Her disguise was good enough to give her the leeway of showing parts of her face and allowing her to get away with it. Jiyong had taught her well enough, showing how to mess with perception with a blank canvas. The dramatic changes between h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter