Twenty

Lab Coats and Bank Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Shira knows that she should have been more careful. The fact that he knows Jackson is from GOT7 is dangerous enough, and she had called for help from Jackson during their previous mission. That enough was enough to cause suspicion. If anything, she should have disagreed more when Jackson had insisted walking her to class.
 

But she has another problem at the moment. There is a girl sitting in the same row as her, not too far from her and Taehyung, and she keeps turning towards her and glaring. Shira has no idea what her problem was, until she realizes that it was the same girl trying to talk to Taehyung in the hallway.


And then the puzzle pieces click into place. Oh no. No, no, no. She couldn’t be put in this situation. She is supposed to have a low presence, but the fact that she is sitting next to Taehyung with his attractively and messily parted hair while his tongue sticks out slightly is ruining her plans.


The bell rings, signaling the end of class, and Taehyung turns towards her. “Did you get any of the last equation?”


Shira just shakes her head. She wasn’t paying attention at all, and Taehyung sighs while shoving his notebook into his bag.


“Do you have class in the next hour?”


“Nope,” Shira continues to whisper because of , which just causes Taehyung to move closer and her heart to jump. Bad idea.


“Want to grab coffee at the-”


“Taehyuuung!” The girl who had been glaring at her during lecture suddenly cuts in between the two, and Shira quickly backtracks so she was farther away. Girls could see past makeup with a lot more ease than males, and she couldn’t take that risk. And she also had a feeling that this girl isn’t exactly fond of her.


But for some reason, he backs away from her too.


“Taehyung, are you free right now?” The girl just steps closer, and he swivels his head towards Shira, eyes pleading.


And as much as she would like to save him from the situation, she was weighing the choices in her head. After all, Seunghyun said to stay away from Kim Taehyung today. Her voice was practically dead, and he would see that if she agreed to get coffee with him. So with a sinking heart she just smiles with a low murmur, “You look busy right now. I’ll see you tomorrow.”


Taehyung’s eyes widen and Shira turns, heading out of the classroom.


She apparently doesn’t have that much luck, because only thirty seconds later, quick steps catch up with her, and she finds herself walking alongside Kim Taehyung. He smiles, turning his face towards her while walking. “So, coffee?”


“I thought—”


Taehyung shrugs. “She’s been trying to get in my pants for the last few weeks.”


“Not all college girls are motivated by .” Shira answers immediately in a low voice, trying to keep herself from sounding scratchy. “You don’t know that.”


“She said so while talking to one of her friends.”


“Oh.”


“Yeah, at the house party she was trying to find me and she didn’t get that I wasn’t interested.” Taehyung sighs, before joking, “The downturns of being attractive.”


“The horror,” Shira responds flatly, not looking at Taehyung’s face. But she knows that he’s laughing anyway.


There is something that she couldn’t put her finger on with Kim Taehyung, but something about him puts her at ease and makes her freeze up at the same time. Even though they had started off on a bad note, he’s probably the only person outside of Big Bang and Jackson who treat her like she's normal. No, he was actually the only person, because he didn’t fawn over her or try to protect her from the world.


Taehyung is handing her his phone, open to a new contact page, and she chews on the inside of her cheek. She didn’t really have a choice but to put her number in, because anything else would look out of the ordinary. So she cautiously taps in the information, handing him back the phone.


He just smiles, sending her a text so she would have his number too and slipping the phone back into his pocket. She takes out her own phone at the vibration, side of twitching up slightly at his text before she sees the notification underneath that.


Seunghyun: Call me. Now.


Shira’s eyes widen and a curse escapes her lips, “I’m going to have to take a rain check on coffee, sorry.”


And before he has a chance to respond, she runs off, pressing the call button to connect to Seunghyun.


“There’s been an issue.” Seunghyun picks up immediately. “I was just checking on some stuff and I found that Taemin was heading towards your campus. Whatever you do, stay low.”


Shira just gulps at that. If Taemin knows that she attends college, and which one, that is already too much of a head start. This was supposed to happen in six months, not now.


She isn’t ready.


Jackson isn’t on campus because he left right after dropping her off, so the safest backup isn’t available. Taehyung?


“What do I do?” Shira croaks into the phone. “I’m in the middle of campus.”


“Worst comes to worst, get to Bangtan.”


“Okay,” Shira lengthens her stride, heading towards the small coffee shop that Taehyung had been heading towards earlier.


“Keep your phone connected to this call, just in case. You can mute your side so you won’t hear me, and then turn off the screen.”


Shira obediently follows instructions, hands shaking slightly. She had no weapons on herself, and her gun was in the glovebox of the car. That was too far away and unsafe. She pushes open the door to the coffee shop, relieved to see Taehyung still inside near the back.


She takes a deep breath and clears , trying to get back into the character of Seok Sonha, before walking over and tapping the table. “Is this seat taken?”


“Yes,” He says, before looking up. “I mean no. Not taken.”


Shira bites her lip slightly, edges of curling up into a smile as she tries to forget the pressing situation. She puts her bag down on to the ground before sliding into the seat. Just in case, she turns her phone down on to the table, so Seunghyun could hear everything and her screen wouldn’t light up.


But like Taehyung, she takes out a piece of paper and gets started on the energy and entropy homework th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter