Twelve

Lab Coats and Bank Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay,” Jiyong nods and Shira raises her eyebrows.
 

“Okay? You’re supposed to say no!” Shira groans.


“No, you should go,” Daesung pops up from behind the kitchen cabinets, searching for something to eat. “It’s a normal college experience.”


“Do I look like a normal college kid to you?” She deadpans back.


“Wear an oversized white t-shirt, throw on a pair of boyfriend jeans, keep the signature bun, and slip on a pair of casual shoes,” Jiyong suggests, somehow suggesting an outfit that would look on the nice side for Seok Sonha without breaking character. “Do your normal makeup and put on mascara, and maybe some tinted lip balm.”


Shira rolls her eyes. Of course he would figure out a solution within seconds. She turns and stomps back into her room, changing her clothes and brushing out her hair before twisting it into a messy bun.


The skin routine had become easy enough after so long. She draws on a few blemishes across her cheeks and forehead before slapping on some eye makeup, glasses, and then calling it good.


“See, you still look the part and you don’t look awful,” Jiyong looks up as she walks back out. “Go have fun.”


She takes the car keys with a roll of her eyes, knowing that she couldn’t take the Maclaren. Weren’t they supposed to be telling her it wasn’t safe and that she should just study on the typical Saturday night? Everyone had a shift at the nightclub other than her, as promised since she had done the mission with Bangtan. It would have been safer to stay in with the rest of Big Bang.


But no. Somehow a college party was deemed safe. And then she realizes that she forgot to mention that it was Bangtan’s party, and she bites her tongue. Too late.


She slams the car door behind her, letting her phone navigate to the location that Jimin had typed in earlier. The car ride is quiet, and Shira savors it. The party was going to be loud, annoying, and irritating, and she was half-hoping that Taehyung chased her out immediately.


She parks in front of a large house and she could hear the music from inside the car. There’s a bunch of college students and she could practically smell the alcohol. Seokjin is sitting on the lawn with a few guests, talking, and she walks past quickly.


What was the goal tonight? She could show her face once to Jimin and Hoseok, simply because they were the ones who invited her, and then disappear. If she was lucky, she could hang out and talk to some other people while avoiding the main seven males.


The door opens as she reaches for the handle and she jumps back, startled, as three females come out, laughing and much better dressed than her.


“Did you see Yoongi? He looks so good,” One of them giggles.


Shira frowns. Were they talking about the same grumpy Yoongi who looked like he was going to bite someone’s head off for Big Bang giving them a mission in the middle of the night?


She goes through the door, successfully this time, and her first thought was that it was loud. People were yelling over the music and the living room across the foyer was turned into an impromptu dancefloor. She pushes through the crowd, looking into the kitchen where a few guys were trying to bartend.


A cup of alcohol is passed into her hands, and she dumps it into the kitchen sink when no one is looking, refilling it with water. She didn’t need someone else to come get her. Seunghyun would be so mad and Jiyong would be disappointed that she hadn’t said it was Bangtan’s party.


“Hello,” A husky voice murmurs into her ear, and for the second time in one night, Shira jumps. “Woah, flighty, are we?”


If she wasn’t under the identity of Seok Sonha, she would have asked what he expected if he was going to talk into her ear without warning, but she just bites her tongue, turning towards the source of the voice.


Namjoon is smiling back at her, and without thinking, she takes another two steps back and putting a safe distance between their bodies and he laughs at her behavior. “Sorry, that probably scared you. I’m Namjoon.”


“Yeah,” She answers lamely. “Sonha.”


“Well Sonha, what are you doing here on a Saturday night?”


“Drinking.”


“That’s water.”


“I didn’t notice.”


Namjoon’s grin ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter