Thirteen

Lab Coats and Bank Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun frowns as he takes the envelope from the underling, who quickly scurries away. The entire gang had been in a rather somber mood for the last few days, mainly because of the member that had been shot in the stomach.


And because of that, they had been excused from most of the work.


But no longer, he supposes. He rips open the envelope, pausing as his fingers draw out the textured paper that looks vaguely familiar. He hadn’t seen it in years. And he had hoped that he would never see it again.


So with a sinking heart and trembling fingers, he unfolds the crisp paper.


Tomorrow, 7 PM
Usual place
-SHINee


In a fit of anger and frustration, he crumples the paper in his fist and stomps on it until it is flattened to the ground and he is left heaving for air. No. No.


SHINee coming back and intending to get back into gang work means multiple things. It means that they would take back their rightful place from EXO. It means that they would come after EXO, because they had watched SHINee fall to their knees and stepped aside when one of the five kings had been murdered in cold blood. And Sehun didn’t know if SHINee is ordering EXO to their death, or if they plan to go after EXO only after SHINee gets their revenge against the other side.


“Sehun? Sehun!”


Sehun looks up, his hands curled into shaking fists and he picks up the piece of crumpled paper, “What?”


“Baekhyun is awake and asking for Taeyeon,” Jongin is panting, meaning that he probably ran to find another member. “What’s that?”


“Our execution order,” Sehun drops the wad into Jongin’s hands and heads toward Baekhyun’s room.
 


As fun as parties were, the clean-up the next morning was awful. Taehyung drains a few cups of alcohol down the drain before throwing them in the trash, trying to clear up the house. It was a rental property, and somehow they had gotten away with parties on the property several times.


Even if they were a gang, they were also a well-known group on campus. It was practically one of their jobs to have the occasional party.


“Taehyung.”


He turns at Hoseok’s voice.


“Where were you last night after you left the firepit?”


“On the roof. Why?” Taehyung continues to pick up stray cups and beer bottles, throwing them into the garbage bag.


“On the roof?” Jimin pushes into the conversation. “But you’re afraid of heights.”


Taehyung shrugs noncommittedly, not offering any explanation. Yoongi walks in, rubbing his eyes and scowling.


“Had fun last night?” Jungkook wiggles his eyebrows at him, and Yoongi just tells him to shut up as he pours himself coffee.


Jin stumbles into the room with two full trash bags. “We need to get this place clean in two hours.”


“Forget about cleaning,” Jimin grins innocently, balancing his chin on his hands. “Tell us why you disappeared at the end of the party.”


Jin does nothing but shoot them a sheepish grin, making the others hoot and cheer.


“Oh shut up,” Yoongi snaps, sipping from his coffee.


“Why does he get crankier after waking up with someone in his bed?” Jimin whispers to Taehyung, and the two snicker.


“You seem to be in a better mood,” Hoseok points out, narrowing his eyes at Taehyung. “You sure you were on the roof?”


“The roof.” Taehyung confirms immediately with a smile, tying the garbage bag. He felt better than he had for days. “No cheering for me.”


He had sat on the roof with Sonha for a while, talking, before she had made excuses to go home. They had carefully crawled off the roof, and even though he wasn’t over his fear of heights, it was just a tiny bit better than usual.


Namjoon pops his head out from the backyard. “Backyard is clean. We should be able to finish clean-up in half an hour.”


“Open up the windows,” Jungkook wrinkles his nose. “It smells like alcohol and we need to air this place out.”


A buzz suddenly makes Namjoon curse, “Big Bang wants us back for training in a few hours.”


As much as the others were protesting, a bit of excitement bubbles up from inside of Taehyung. Maybe he’d be able to open up that black box today.
 


“You’re joking,” Shira leans down to further observe the two airsoft snipers next to each other above the main training center. “Why couldn’t I have learned with these?”


“We liked torturing you,” Seungri ruffles her hair and Shira scowls behind mask.


While the rest of Bangtan was training, the two would be practicing with airsoft snipers, taking out every member on the floor. Shira didn’t exactly know why she was participating in the practice, but she didn’t really mind. Her eyes were lit up with excitement and the set-up game.


“Just get used to the kick and firing today,” Seungri explains, crouching down as Shira slithers on to her stomach, arm curling around the grip. “It’s a pretty good copy of the real thing. Try mimicking her position.”


Taehyung drops on to all fours, stretching out his legs and lining his face up next to the scope. He lines it up with Jungkook below, aims, and pulls at the trigger.


The airsoft bullet ends up whizzing by harmlessly, and Jungkook yells at him from below.


“Don’t worry, no one gets it on the firs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter