Thirty-Nine (new!)

Lab Coats and Bank Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

I UPDATED A FEW DAYS AGO. GO BACK AND READ THE NEWEST UPDATE IF YOU HAVEN'T.

Bambam: What’s sleeping with Jackson like
problem girl: Annoying
problem girl: He snores when he’s about to wake up


Bambam grins. He liked trouble. As one of the resident troublemakers of GOT7, he took his duties very seriously. And Mark’s expression as they headed back to GOT7 meant that a wave of trouble was coming.


Bambam: Did you give your situation a thought
problem girl: I decided I don’t believe you
Bambam: Up to you
Bambam: But he didn’t look too happy seeing you with Taehyung
problem girl: he’s just trying to stop Taehyung from finding out my identity


Sure. It seemed like she was observant about everyone but herself.


Bambam rips open the Velcro to his wrist brace, adjusting it before tightening it. He hadn’t expected to get injured because he was one of the more slippery fighters, but Baekhyun had wrung his wrist before Jaebum knocked him out for good.


Served him right for underestimating EXO. He wasn’t looking forward to the gang war.


Mark pads into the kitchen with a yawn, nodding towards Jinyoung. “Is he back yet?”


“No, but I think he really did sleep. Says he wasn’t active for a couple of hours on some apps.” Jinyoung is scanning through his laptop. Mark just nods back, not saying anything.


Jaebum swings Jinyoung’s legs off of him, getting up from the couch. “I got a text this morning from Jackson telling me to send him a picture of my abs. I have no idea why.”


“Well, did you?”


“Of course. I had to prove that they were better than his.”


Chuckling, Bambam unlocks his phone.


Bambam: Do you have anything to do with Jaebum’s abs
problem girl: I may have told Jackson that Jaebum’s were probably better and he may have done many things to try to prove me wrong
problem girl: wait that sounds worse than it really is


Bambam grins. Trouble is coming.


Yoongi is typing on his laptop as the rest of Bangtan crowds around him, peering over his shoulder. He sits back, realizes that they were much too close, and growls.


The rest of them jump back a couple of feet.


“Why is Yoongi so scary when he’s working?” Taehyung mutters, and Jimin just giggles.


“There’s nothing,” Yoongi looks absolutely frustrated, tugging at his hair. “How is there nothing?”


“Seunghyun probably wiped the records.”


“No, this goes back farther. There’s nothing even similar. It’s like her whole life was erased.”


And then Hoseok suggests something that should have been obvious all along. “What about other countries?”


“Which countries though? There’s the more obvious ones, like Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong-”


“But then there’s also USA and Canada, maybe even Australia and several European countries.” Jin finishes for Namjoon. “There’s too much information for Yoongi to sort through.”


Yoongi sighs. “Try me.”


Jimin ends up supplying Yoongi’s snacks as he works and works and works. Even Taehyung is slightly concerned with Yoongi’s bloodshot eyes and pale skin. It was still the middle of the week and he has school, even if he barely shows up to his own classes.


At one point, Jimin drags Yoongi to his bed as Yoongi is protesting, trying to fight Jimin off and fingers grappling for his laptop. But Jin closes his laptop shut with a stern glare and within seconds, Yoongi is deep asleep.


“There really is too much information,” Namjoon shakes his head on the third day, finding Yoongi working at the dining table and scribbling things down in a messy scrawl that is somehow artistic at the same time.


“You did your part with the forensic analysis. I stole profiles of her face from Big Bang from cameras during the ion ring extraction. Let me finish this.”


“This is Big Bang that we’re going up against.” Jin is trying to be realistic. “They probably scrubbed everything clean years ago. How are you going to find anything?”


“Backdoors. Dark web.” His answer is brief. It’s also the only words that he says the entire day.


Eventually, Namjoon’s patience snaps. “Enough.”


“Do you want to die in the gang war?” Yoongi’s voice is hoarse from disuse.


Yoongi’s point is well-off, and even though Namjoon and Yoongi argue, Namjoon steps back. Taehyung reads up on weapons and strategies anyway. They all do.


Yoongi nearly collapses in training, and Daesung has to force him to stop sparring as he sags on the couch, water bottle in his hands and sweat covering his entire body. Even Watermelon takes a break from shooting and gets Yoongi a power bar.


Ironic, because she is indirectly the cause of his exhaustion.


The fifth day, Yoongi stumbles into the gang meeting, ten minutes late. “I found something.”


The rest of them bolt to their feet, pulling out a chair for Yoongi as he scrolls through pages of information. Yoongi hadn’t just found something. He had found small bits of information that had been left behind after messily being wiped from the internet.


The locations are all over the place, some where they would never have expected. Russia. Brazil. Spain. Others are less surprising. USA. Canada. China. Hong Kong. Japan.


“What?” Jungkook just whispers, eyes scanning over Yoongi’s shoulder.


Yoongi clicks on a file, and there’s a little girl jumping up and down in front of another girl whose shadow of face is seen. Location: USA.


“Her facial features match Watermelon’s, but it’s a kid, so it’s likely a fluke.” Yoongi taps at his screen. “There’s lots of kid files from all over the world, and it’s really hard to narrow down.”


He clicks on another file, and it’s a similar looking fingerprint along with DNA that matches the one that Namjoon analyzed, but it’s not the same. Location: Russia.


“Similar pattern that matches tons all over the world, but this is one of the best matches. Probably not hers, but maybe family.”


The list goes on and on, and Yoongi pulls up tiny clues from all over the world that could be coincidences, but as he continues, it seems like the likelihood of coincidences decreases. One had to be a lead.


“Because of her ability to change her facial features, it’s hard to find matches. There’s too many possibilities.” Yoongi sighs, scrolling through a list of names. “We can probably say none of these are right.”


“Any DNA matches?” Hoseok bites on his lip, frowning and forehead creased.


“No. Big Bang probably scrubbed all of that.”


“DNA analysis?”


“Korean. No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter