Fifteen

Lab Coats and Bank Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CL is funny. The two collapse into laughter as Shira steers the Maybach towards the gambling den. The whole situation is outrageous, and now she is probably driving to their death, and that makes the situation even funnier for some reason.


The den is owned by Red Velvet, and they will most certainly recognize CL. But, as she explains, “They wouldn’t attack me if I sit there. They’ll recognize a competitor and during their first visit, they’ll let me just watch because they want to show off their place. It’s a pride thing.”


It is CL’s first visit, so they are relatively safe. But if she puts a toe out of line, there is no doubt that they will shoot her on site.


“Sophia?”


“Hm?”


“If you crash my baby, I will gut you like a fish.”


Shira just grins at that. “Noted.”


The two turn up the music, jamming along before CL points out, “So which member of Bangtan were you hanging around with, and did they recognize you?”


“RM,” Shira names his alias and not his real name, because that’s what CL would probably recognize. “They had no idea, and that’s how it’s going to stay. I don’t even know if they recognized you until the end.”


She fluffs at her hair, checking herself in the mirror. “If you were with RM, who was I hanging around with?”


Shira pauses, eyes focusing on the road. Jungkook, Taehyung, Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi had very definitive roles within the gang. But Yoongi was good with computers, which probably meant that he was good with math and probability.


“Either Suga, J-Hope, or Jimin. My money is on the last one.”


The man at the table doesn’t look like Jimin at all, but his lips were on the thicker side. And even in a disguise, the likelihood was the other two couldn’t enlarge the lips that much.


“Take the right here.” CL points into a narrow alleyway, and Shira bites on the inside of her lip as she cautiously follows the directions. The alley eventually widens out and she turns into the lift that takes the car into an underground parking lot that was much cleaner than she expected.


“Wait,” Shira closes the car door behind her. “If we run into trouble, what’s the plan?”


CL shrugs.


Wonderful. She was lucky enough to have a gun and two knives strapped to the inside of her thighs, but that was all the protection she had. She hoped for their sake that CL had something strapped away; another gun along with her signature spiked knuckles would be great.


“New plan. Use Bangtan as shield,” Shira mutters under her breath dryly. CL grins at that.


If the parking lot was clean, the inside of the gambling den was anything but. There was dirt and grime everywhere, but no one seemed to mind as yells of gamblers mixed with the heavy music.


A few girls who are probably baring a little more skin than Shira are against the wall, and she makes a mental note to stay away. They are call girls, or es, whatever they wanted to be called, and she didn’t want to get into the mess of being mistaken as one.


They were probably from EXO’s ring too. They weren’t just es, but they often serve as spies who picked up on information and reported back to the large gang.


“There,” CL murmurs into her ear, pointing towards a large table that was in the middle of a large crowd.


The two push past people to see Bangtan scattered among the horde, watching as two of their men sat at the table.


Their disguises are good enough to fool a passerby, but Shira isn’t one. She has spent too long putting on her own disguises to not figure it out. She narrows her eyes, studying the second Bangtan man who is standing far enough away from Jimin to make it seem like they weren’t together.


“Hoseok.” Shira’s whisper is lost in the loud background. His hair vaguely reminds her of a coconut, and he looks different because he is pairing is look with circular rimmed glasses. Makeup added to the overall effect, but it was unmistakably him. The smile was a giveaway. He is probably playing as support to Jimin, because even though the monetary stakes are high at the casino, their lives are on the line here.


Shira sidles up to Namjoon, staying within eyeshot of CL. Since he had been so obvious about using her in the casino, she would do the same to him at the den. She wraps her arms around his torso, whispering into his ear, “Miss me, babe?”


Namjoon turns out of shock, stepping back as he sees her. Shira laughs at his expression, “It’s my turn to use you.” She slips her hand into his, weaving her fingers through his before he could protest.


“Fair enough,” The side of Namjoon’s mouth lifts up. “You win this round.”


Not too far away, she catches on to another Bangtan man. This time, she could see the intense eyes, chisled jawline, and pointed nose, and she knew that it was Taehyung behind all of that eyeliner.


He doesn’t look that different, but she hadn’t been trying to actively find the Bangtan crew before in the casino. Now, they are her safety and backup.
 

But , he looks attractive. He is already attractive without makeup, but-


Shira pushes those thoughts out of her head. She doesn’t have the luxury to think that. She was a nobody.


At the table, Hoseok folds, leaving one more player left against Jimin. Shira cranes her head to look at the final player, and then freezes, fear racing through her blood. She waves CL over.
 

“Is that Oh Sehun?” She hisses through her teeth, loud enough for both CL and Namjoon to hear. Namjoon immediately makes some kind of signal which relays to Taehyung, who passes it on.


“He needed to only win one game,” Namjoon whispers to himself before turning to CL. “And that one game is going to put him into trouble.”


A few of the Bangtan members pull themselves away from the crowd and near the entrance, ready to make a run for it if needed. Jimin’s still slightly smiling, playing the game, but Shira can see Oh Sehun’s soulless eyes.


He looks like he wants to Jimin to die. And what Oh Sehun wants, Oh Sehun gets.
 

“CL,” Shira hands over the Maybach keys. “Get out of here. It’s going to get bloody and if you’re caught in the mess, Seulgi will personally slit your throat.”
 

“And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter