Five

Lab Coats and Bank Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         

“Why is this meeting necessary?” Seunghyun groans, pulling on a suit and throwing a mask towards Shira. She catches it with one hand, other hand straightening the wig of choice today. It was dark red, which looks shiny against the dark black mouth mask stretching over Shira’s lower face.


Jiyong’s sunglasses complete the disguise, with most of her face hidden from plain sight. Even so, her hidden face is a sharp contrast to her dress: dark, short, and tight. It dips low enough to show the swells of her chest, which was done very much on purpose.


“We need to go,” Jiyong calls out, slipping through the door. “Shira, did you steal my sunglasses again?”


“They’re nice,” She smiles behind the mask, tilting her head slightly. “Do I need to stay out of sight today?”


“Best you don’t risk it, Shira,” Jiyong looks slightly apologetic. “I won’t say that you can’t be around, but don’t sit at a table labelled with a group. And try to blend in. When we’re talking business, don’t be an input—”


“So I’m no better than a wall.” Shira isn’t upset or mad, but just stating facts. She had gotten over her invisibility a long time ago, but that didn’t stop the twinge of hurt twisting in the pit of her stomach. It was a matter of safety, and dying was a lot more painful than a blow to her ego.


Jiyong says nothing in response, and gives her a long look before leaning down slightly and combing a stray piece of lint out of her wig. “Stay safe, okay?”


“Stay safe, okay?” She repeats in a mocking tone and making Seunghyun chuckle. Shira mutters under her breath, “Even with our supposed allies I’m not safe.”


“Jackson is going to be there.”


Shira brightens up immediately, and then sobers with, “But he can’t talk to me much without it looking suspicious.”


The other members say nothing, pausing slightly. It was true. The rest of GOT7 didn’t know about her identity, and the fact that Jackson knew at all was surprising. He shouldn’t have known. Matter of fact, Shira begged Jiyong to let him stay alive in return for him keeping his mouth shut for the rest of his life. So all GOT7 knew was that she was Seok Sonha, but not Shira.


And that’s how it was going to stay.


Quietly, Shira parts her wig, sectioning it off to create braids to hold the hair out of her eyes. Clipping the small braids to the back of her head, she pushes away from the mirror, satisfied, before slipping on a pair of heels. “Is everyone else ready?”


“Mm,” Seunghyun nods, looking away. “Come on.” He holds out an arm that Shira ignores, walking out the door and towards the staircase.


The other members follow her down, going past the empty dancefloor and through another backdoor that led them to the larger meeting room that was rarely used. The meeting room from their meetings with Bangtan in comparison was much smaller, and often saw many more gang members. The lights flicker on, revealing several tables facing a panel at the front. Bigbang takes their seats with Jiyong in the middle, while Shira simply leans against a wall, pulling out her phone.


It would probably be ten minutes until the other gangs showed up, and ten minutes before Shira had to act like a nobody. Without anyone else’s knowledge, she had a gun and several sheathed knives strapped to her thighs.


But because it was a meeting between allies, weapons were strictly not allowed. There was a scan along with heavy security at the entrance, and even Bigbang had zero weapons on them tonight. But she didn’t come through the entrance, so she didn’t have to play by the rules.


Shira was the only armed person in the room, and even though there was a flicker of unhappiness at being no better than a fly on the wall, there was a bubbling satisfaction at knowing the fact that she was armed in case anything happened.


Slowly, the gangs began to trickle in. 2NE1. B.A.P. There was quite a few gangs in the room tonight, and when Jackson walks in, he winks at the figure against the wall. Shira smirks slightly at their little secret, and then turns away.


And then Bangtan walks in, and they crowd around a table with their placard. Shira smartly stays out of sight. There’s no need to instigate a worse situation with them, especially because they were relatively new.


The gangs settle in and Jiyong starts to speak. Shira ignores the stray looks that she gets as they start to focus.


“SHINee is starting to gear up again, so your territories are in danger.”


Gasps resound through the room.


“But I thought Minho died and they disappeared?”


“Wait, so they’re going to try to rise up and take over their old lands again?”


“Why should we stay allied with Big Bang if they’re back? We would just be in more danger.”


At that, Mark from GOT7 slams his hands on the table, chair scraping back. “Who said that?”


The room falls silent. When these several gangs had banded together to take SHINee and their side down years before, Big Bang had been the one to rise to the top, so they would be the first targeted ones. But several of these gangs had a lot to owe Big Bang.


“I did.” Youngguk from B.A.P. snarls back. “Things have changed since then.”


“And you don’t feel obliged to stay when Taeyang single-handedly stopped your right-hand man from bleeding out while shooting down at least fifteen men?” Mark laughs bitterly. “I feel bad for Himchan.”


Himchan, Youngguk’s right-hand man, flushes and turns away, not sure what to do. In any other condition he would have whole-heartedly backed his leader, but Mark from GOT7 had a point.


And Youngguk knows it. He growls, “You need to learn some respect.” He gets up, menacing. From the first glance, Youngguk didn’t look like he should have been feared. He was wiry and thin, but then his sleeveless arms were covered in scars and fear would travel up the viewer’s spines.


Mark doesn’t back down, and Shira rustles slightly as the other gangs watch the scene play out with bated breath. They knew better to intervene, but Shira did not. So as Youngguk balls up his fist to make the first strike, she flits across the room, and before others could blink, there was a knife at Youngguk’s throat and a gun muzzle at his head.


Jackson would not be very happy if Mark ended up hurt because of Youngguk. And even though Mark didn’t know Shira’s true id

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter