Nineteen

Lab Coats and Bank Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NEW STORY: 94. 

 come check it out! 
 


“Are you sure?” Yoongi scoffs, hands curling around his laptop protectively, eyeing Taehyung.


“I’m sure I heard them,” Taehyung smiles tightly, and Yoongi’s expression changes.


“You should have started with that.” He waves Taehyung closer. “What did you hear?”


Taehyung explains about her brother and how she somehow looks like a girl from SNSD, and about the name she said that she was delirious. He knows that he was the closest person within earshot of Big Bang during the training session, so he has the best information.


“I don’t know what everyone from SNSD looks like,” Yoongi mutters. It was obvious that if he didn’t know what they looked like, he couldn’t run a recognition software and try matching them up, especially because none of them had pictures of Watermelon to use. “But, I can try to find something about this ‘Jay.’”


He pulls up his files, running a quick search of the name, waiting as the laptop combs through the files that Bangtan had collected throughout their years of work. Yoongi frowns, and Taehyung cranes his head over the man’s shoulder.


“Nothing. Was he erased?” Yoongi mutters to himself, switching over to police files and running the same search, coming up empty.


“He was erased,” Taehyung murmurs, eyes narrowed. It felt like they had hit a dead end, even with the new information. “Try ‘Red.’”


Yoongi’s fingers fly over the keyboard, switching the search topic. But like before, there was nothing of substance. And the blank screen with no files reflect in both of their eyes, as they blink, stumped.


“Definitely erased. Probably Seunghyun’s doing,” Yoongi’s mouth twists. “It’ll take some time, but I can try combing through internet returns for them, which is a lot harder to erase.”


Taehyung just nods before checking the time. “We’re going to be late.”


Yoongi just shrugs, a sly smile spreading across his face. “It’s not like my professors like me being in class anyway.”


“Why?”


“Apparently I’m a smart*ss.”


Taehyung snorts at that. That was an understatement. But the two head towards the van anyway, where Jin was anxiously drumming against the wheel. “Guyyyys,” He whines. “Why are you always late?”


Taehyung’s and Yoongi’s faces crack into matching mischievous grins.


“Old people have messed up clocks, don’t you think Yoongi?” Taehyung tilts his head slightly, slipping into the van.


“I think I have to agree,” Yoongi places his back in his lap, stretching. “Old people are just messed up in general.”


“I’m throwing you out of the van if you mention my age again.” Jin pulls the gear into drive, and Taehyung and Yoongi just smile wider.


Jimin yawns, half-asleep next to Taehyung. “So loud.”


Jungkook leans forward in the seat behind Jimin, smirk spreading across his face as he imitates Jimin in a higher and nasally voice, “So loud.”


Jimin just pushes Jungkook’s head back as the rest of them giggle. Jimin just pouts, trying to hide his laugh and eyes fluttering closed as Namjoon sighs, entirely fed up with the group so early in the morning.
 


Shira moans, turning over and trying to stop the pounding in her head. The light was shining through the curtains, and she bolts up, looking at the clock.


The door opens slightly, and Seunghyun peaks inside. “Oh, you’re up.”


“I’m ing late. That’s what I am.” She croaks and whips the covers back, frowning at the fact that she isn't in the clothes she wore last night and she realizes she didn’t remember anything that happened after going down to the training room.


“No, no, no.” Seunghyun throws open the door and pushes her back on to the bed. “You’re going to sleep and rest. You passed out last night when you got to the practice room.”


“If Bangtan saw me, and one of them is my lab partner, wouldn’t it look a little suspicious if I was sick at the same time Seok Sonha was?”


Seunghyun pauses, because that is a fairly good point. He chews on his lip, “If you go to class, can you make excuses to not go to lab? And can you stay away from them for today?”


Shira doesn’t bother telling him that there was no lab for today, and she didn’t sit next to Kim Taehyung anyway. So she nods, hoping that Seunghyun would buy her lying by omission.


Seunghyun sighs, “Okay. But can we-”


“No.” Shira answers without him finishing the question, mainly because she knows exactly what he is going to ask. If they her to campus, it would look even more suspicious.


“I wonder if Jackson is free,” Seunghyun mutters to himself, thinking. Jackson had been seen with her school identity before, and that would be safer than anyone else.


Shira scrambles to get ready as Seunghyun slips out the door, calling for Jiyong. She throws on clothes that are far too big for her, following the typical nature of Seok Sonha. Expertly, she wraps her hair into a bun, shoves on fake glasses, and starts applying the fake acne scars and blemishes on her face.


There’s a knock on the door, and Shira croaks, “Come in,” before clearing and carefully dabbing the brush across on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter