Eleven

Lab Coats and Bank Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The members stretch their limbs, wincing and from the soreness. Taehyung limps alongside them, entirely worn out by Seungri’s training. There was too much to learn from Big Bang, and there was a reason that they were truly the best at what they did.


And somehow, they gave all of that up to have a couple of nightclubs. The reasoning didn’t make sense. If they were an active gang, they would still be standing at the top. Something about Big Bang didn’t add up.


Taehyung had been careless though, letting a question slip. “How is Watermelon so good at this?”


“Watermelon?” Seungri had frowned before realizing who he was talking about. “Oh, her. You could say that it runs in her blood. And what she doesn’t have in her body or she lacks in weapons knowledge, she makes up for by brainpower. Seunghyun and Jiyong taught her to use her flaws to her advantage.”


Without realizing it, Seungri had given Taehyung just a little more information on the girl who seemed to be an utter mystery. If anything, he was saying that she wasn’t that strong, but rather made up for it with her ability to make split decisions. Taehyung believed it too. With the knife fight with Taeyang, she had been fighting on somewhat of an even basis until her sunglasses had flown off. She had known that fighting straight on with Byun Baekhyun would leave her injured or dead. So she picked the options that would leave her safe until no longer necessary.


When it came time to use her against Big Bang, that information could prove crucial.


But her knowledge for weapons runs in her blood? That was entirely new information that Taehyung couldn’t push without it being suspicious. No, that would be better off hidden and kept away in a mental list.


Jungkook groans, rubbing at his rear as they pile into the van, ready to pass out in their beds. The weekend was a welcome invitation after a busy week, and there was schoolwork with their name on it.


Taehyung hikes up his athletic shorts and takes a peek at the wound, frowning at the slightly wet gauze. There was no color, which should be fine, but the drainage wasn’t a great sign. As long as the dressings wouldn’t have to be changed tonight, he’d be fine with it. He was too tired to care.


“It pissed me off that Watermelon just sat and watched,” Yoongi mutters, mouth pulled into a frown. “Even the rest of Big Bang was doing stuff.”


“She’s a university student and dealt with all of last night,” Jimin defends her and Taehyung turns out of surprise. “She was half-asleep the entire time and she doesn’t seem to do gang-related stuff often.”


“Still,” Yoongi growls. “It wasn’t like the rest of us didn’t want to sleep too.”


Yoongi was probably extra grumpy because Seunghyun had shown him just how much he was lacking. That and combined with little sleep made for an ill-tempered Yoongi, but Taehyung was getting sick of it.


“She saved my life,” Taehyung quietly admits. “Let her sleep if she godd*mn wants to.”


And like that, everyone in the van falls silent for a few minutes until Hoseok blurts, “You like her, don’t you?”


Taehyung looks at Hoseok blankly, making Jimin burst into laughter.


“What a shame,” Namjoon twists in the passenger seat next to Jin. “Apparently she has a boyfriend who knows where she stashes her condoms.”


Jin cuffs the back of Namjoon’s head, laughing. “Of all of the things that you heard today at the nightclub, of course you would remember the condoms.”


But Taehyung is thinking in a completely different direction. If she had a boyfriend who had been inside her residence, does that mean that he knew her identity too? And if so, could he be found?


Jin cranes his head, narrowing his eyes at the mirror, “I think there’s someone following us. Buckle in.”


Jimin and Hoseok scramble to get their seatbelts on, and fail miserably as they tumble against each other as Jin takes a sharp turn. Yoongi curses because the two ended up half on his lap and he bats them away from his precious laptop.


Taehyung turns around, hands pressing against the glass as he tries to get a better look at the sports car. He can faintly see a mouth mask and he frowns.


“I think it’s Watermelon.” Taehyung mumbles.


“No way,” Jimin laughs. “You’re so taken by her that you see her everywhere-”


“It really is Watermelon,” Jungkook confirms, eyes wide as he’s looking through the glass. “Jin, you can slow down.”


Jin eases his foot off the accelerator with a sigh, going back to a normal speed. Watermelon, on the other hand, does not slow down and pulls up right next to them.


All of her previous sleepiness is gone and she looks so alive behind the wheel of the Maclaren. She rolls down the window and Taehyung mimics her, leaning out into the open air.


“What?” He yells, voice half being lost to the air whipping past him.


“Seungri and I forgot to give you something,” She yells back, eyes focusing on the road as she extends her arm precariously towards the van, holding a long box.


Taehyung meets her half way, leaning out of the vehicle, his brown hair becoming a mess thanks to the wind. He could feel a hand gripping at his shirt to make sure he didn’t topple completely out, and he instantly knows that it’s Jungkook’s. Both of Taehyung’s hands grip at the black box, pulling it into the van.


“Use it well,” She calls out, dark red hair whipping across her face as she rolls up the window. She swerves away and takes a turn, vanishing as soon as she had come.


Taehyung rolls the window back up, unlatching the box to reveal a beautiful sniper rifle. Jungkook, next to him, drops his mouth open, fingers delicately passing over the scope.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter