- 007.

Artificial Lover.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BECAUSE I PASSED MY CERTIFICATION EXAM, I GIVE YOU ALL AN UPDATE!
Happy readings!!

 

"What do you mean I smell?" 

Nami's eyes widened at what she said, immediately letting her pregnancy brains take over for the split moment. She shook her head quickly while avoiding his gaze. Her body moved to lay on the bed once more, curling up a bit while her back faced Joonmyun. His brows furrowed at her gesture, but he had no idea what was going on. He was sure that he didn't smell. He had showered before he left for work, and his cologne smelled out; in fact, it was her favorite one.

He blinked while sighing, moving to sit on the bed. "The surgery's in 30 minutes," he mentioned, standing up to slightly hover over her, "if you want, you can go home. I'm not going to force you to go scrub in on this surgery." Nami's eyes parted as she turned to face him, looking up to his taller figure. She shook his head at him with a frown, "No, I can do it. I'm seriously fine." Joonmyun's head shook left to right to her words as he replied: "You're not fine, Na. Look at you. Apparently you haven't gotten over that stomach bug so I'm going to send you home early. It's fine, this procedure happens all the time. You can scrub in when you're better. Just go home and get some rest, doctor's orders." He mentioned sternly, pointing a finger at her. 

She blinked, frowning at him. "I'll let doctor Yoon know you're not feeling well and that I'm sending you home because of it." 

With that, he smiled and leaned down to peck her forehead before walking out of the on-call room. Nami frowned even more at his gesture, but her thoughts were interrupted when her hand flew to . She ran for the trash can once more, gagging out her guts at the smell—his smell—that lingered softly around her.

The brunette looked up from the trashcan and huffed, pulling her hand to her stomach as she looked down to it. "Why are you making mommy suffer, hm? Do you know that I have to work with your daddy? I don't even want him to know you exist..." she mumbled quietly, rubbing her stomach gently. 

"Hey," Nami greeted the interns as she adjusted the bag on her shoulder, "I'm going to leave. I don't feel good enough to be here." Jiwon's head shot up at her with an all-knowning grin. He gave her a look as though he was right on one particular topic. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "What?" Jae Mi called out while looking to her best friend. Her eyes blinked, conceringly to Nami. 

"I can't.. it's been hard today." She replied, looking to her friends. The boys nodded while Jae Mi stared at her in concern. "Do you want me to drop you off?" She questioned, looking to the brunette, who denied the offer. 

"Actually," Kihyun mentioned, "I know someone who can take you home. I'm not on his service, but I'm sure he'd love to take you home." Nami furrowed her brows while her friends looked at each other, getting a hint of some sort. Kihyun grinned at the brunette before tilting his head towards the break room doors. She turned around quickly, blinking when she saw Baekhyun walk through the doors. His hair slightly messy as his white dress shirt was neatly tucked into his dress pants. He looked ridiculously handsome, even she couldn't deny that. 

He looked confused and surprised as he ruffled his hair. He saw her and smiled while walking to her. "Hey," he greeted while huffing a bit before greeting the other interns with a quick wave. She smiled and looked at him. "Hey." Her eyes eyed him from head to toe, and she couldn't help but grin at the man. "Where are you going looking all spiffy?" Baekhyun chuckled softly, shaking his head as he tried to adjust his tie, or rather take the darn thing off. Nami blinked before subconsiously moving forward to stop his fiddling hands. She began to undo his tie, leaving him to stare at her in surprise. 

"Well," Jae Mi hollered nudging the closest intern, "we're going to get back to work and let you two chat." The trio interns got up, bidding their goodbye in a hurry, but it seemed that the pair didn't notice while Nami was too absorbed in getting his tie off while Baekhyun was too absorbed in her beauty.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter