- 008.

Artificial Lover.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is it just me or is there something different about Nami?" Minseok questioned as he plopped in between his brothers, Sehun and Jongin. Sehun looked up with wide eyes, gulping visibly. He was thankful no one saw that—especially Joonmyun. His eyes widened temporarily as he looked to the older. "W-What do you mean different?" He questioned. Even Baekhyun looked up from his phone, his brows furrowed as if he was angry. The ginger-headed man looked over to Minseok while everyone's attention was on the older. 

"I mean.. she's gotten more beautiful than one can expect." 

"I bet it's because she doesn't have to drag Joonmyun hyung's everywhere," Jongdae snorted allowing Joonmyun to glare at the younger, throwing a punch to Jongdae's arm. Joonmyun huffed and rested his elbows on his thighs. It's been a while since he last saw Nami.. she switched to Luhan's service a few weeks back and now he was with Kihyun—who always had something teasing to say about her. 

"She's gained a bit of weight too," Luhan mumbled while typing his last message. Sehun threw a glare at his older brother before shaking his head. Sehun knew that his best friend was pregnant—now 19 weeks to be exact—and no one else knew. He honestly didn't know how long he was going to last before he explodes for every time someone called her fat.  "I literally went to go buy her some chocolates two days ago. How do you deal with it, Baekhyun?" Baekhyun looked up from his phone before shrugging, his body slid down to rest his back against the seat of the couch. "I don't really deal with it." He replied bluntly nudging his head to Sehun. "Sehun deals with it everyday. He's practically her boyfriend." Joonmyun perked up and stared at the youngers. Sehun blinked and slid back to hide in between Minseok and Luhan. 

"What do you mean? I thought you two went out," Chanyeol called out with a cringed nose. Baekhyun shrugged and sighed.

Sehun remembered the day Nami came to him after a day at work, a frown on her lips. 

"What's wrong, Nam-bug?" Sehun called out, staring at the brunette with a concern look. She frowned even more and ran straight for his arms as she wrapped her arms around his waist. "Sehun, I don't want to hurt Baekhyun..." she trailed off and looked up to him with another frown. "What do you mean?" He was confused. He knew that his friend slash brother had a crush on her and he always thought it would work out between them. 

Baekhyun was everything that Joonmyun wasn't. It confused him by what she meant by hurting Baekhyun. 

"I don't want him to feel like he's a rebound, Sehun." She paused and buried her face into his chest allowing him to wrap his arms around her protectively. "Look at me, Sehun, I'm pregnant for crying out loud!" Nami whined, whimpering like a little puppy into his chest. He heaved in a sigh and rubbed her back. He didn't really know how to comfort her. "Why don't you tell him then?" That was when she looked up to stare at him with furrowed brows. "What, that I don't want to be with him?" He nodded. 

"I mean.. I plan to on our next date.." 

She sighed and moved to plop herself on his sofa while plopping her feet onto the coffee table. "I just don't want to spring on the whole pregnancy thing on him for him to take responsibility even when it's not his kid. I don't want to be in the relationship with him and all of a sudden say: Oh yeah, I'm pregnant! But don't worry it's not your kid." She huffed and threw her face into the pillow beside her, screaming away to her heart's content while Sehun stared at her amusingly before chuckling.

"She said that she believed that it wasn't going to work between us," Baekhyun replied, thinning his lips in the process. Luhan's face became distorted as he looked over to Joonmyun, saying: "Maybe she still loves Joonmyun." 

"Obviously," Jongin replied. 

Joonmyun

Another day at the hospital and he was miserable. Everything about his ex-girlfriend was haunting him. Her attention was on other men while his? Work and misery. It was like his world collapsed when he found her and Baekhyun together; all close and cuddly in front of the elevator that he was getting out of. But now, he found out that the pair were no longer a thing and it was now her and Sehun. 

Sehun, his closest friend since high school. Nami met

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter