- 016.

Artificial Lover.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well, it's more like three months.. plus the month we tried to save you.." Nami trailed on, pursing her lips as her eyes looked elsewhere, avoiding him completely. Baekhyun looked exasperated just by her words, sitting up straighter as much as his wounds would allow him. He knew the stitches were going to fade and eventually scar his chest, but he didn't want to risk tearing anything at the moment. He stared at her, exasperated. 

"So you're saying that I've been out for four months?" 

"Basically," she hummed, rubbing her baby bump gently. His eyes trailed down to her bump, softening up to see the fetus growing into... well.. a fetus. The brunette noticed him staring at her but she didn't mind it. She was just as glad as everyone else that he was back, or even more happier than most. He kept his stare, moving back to stare at her. "How long are you now?" 

She smiled at him, patting her baby bump just as the baby kicked her. She gasped softly and frowned, shocking Baekhyun. "I'm almost due... two more months or so. It's almost the end of the year, which meant interns ready to become residents. Which also meant studying is in session for the upcoming exams." She shrugged, pursing her lips to her baby. "She had the tendency to kick whenever Joonmyun talks to her, she likes to hear his voice." Baekhyun's eyes gaped. Did he really miss that much since he's been out?  "You're having a girl?" He questioned, looking to her with a twinkle in his eyes. "Yeah, but Joonmyun doesn't know that yet. He wants it to be a suprise but he's already grown attach to the kid, so it doesn't really matter." Then it hit him: who was taking over his job? Who was caring for his patients? 

"Na," he called out sternly, "who's been taking care of my patients?!" He became frantic, flailing his arms around in panic before Nami took his arms and calmed him down with her touch. He looked down and became at ease to her touch. She sighed, smiling: "We had a replacement for you, the other attending; Doctor Ahn." Baekhyun sighed at ease, wincing at his wounds as he laid back on his back. 

There was silence, but it was a comfortable between the pair as Nami sat down to relax her feet. They were throbbing like no other. You could say she wasn't getting used to being pregnant and being an intern running around to tend to her patients. "How's everyone holding up? You know.. after the incident.." The girl looked up to the injured man, frowning and pursing her lips. She could tell him that everyone was fine, that everything was back to normal but it wasn't. Nothing was fine since the incident. Everything was upside down, and everyone was upset; especially when Baekhyun was in induced coma because of his gunshot wounds. "We've had our moments," she mentioned honestly, "some went to therapy, some were numbed that they couldn't speak about it... Doctor Yoon and I ended up in therapy.." 

Baekhyun's head shot to her in concern. "Don't give me that look," she called out at him, "you died in my arms. You coded twice. I almost had a miscarriage..." her voice trailing into a low whisper but Baekhyun caught it. He frowned, knowing that she worried about him more than she worried about herself. Deep down, he was happy that someone cared for him. He was happy that she faught for him when she thought he was going to leave the face of the Earth. 

No one has ever really faught for him, so he was glad someone did.. 

Hours went by as the pair talked and caught up with the current events. Every now and then, the other doctors - mostly Luhan and Joonmyun - would come by to visit Baekhyun and chat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter