- 015.

Artificial Lover.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several months have passed since the incident and Baekhyun was still in his induced coma. Nami still sat with him everyday, hoping that he'd one day just wake up so she can talk to him and hug him until he couldn't breathe. She missed him, and every little perk he had. She and Joonmyun have been on better terms for the sake of their child. He treated her with more respect that she deserved in the beginning. He seemed to notice that and she was glad that he was. She felt more better that he's becoming a changed man who, in fact, cares about her and his child. 

Life; however, isn't as normal as it was. Nami had never left Baekhyun's side—unless she was working or going out with Joonmyun. Her baby bump was now more noticable and a lot more painful to bare but she didn't mind it. It was a human being she was carrying, so the little weight didn't do much harm. 

She sighed as she sat beside Baekhyun's bedside, wiping his face with a luke warm towel. Aside from his friends, she was the only one who really sat with him everyday. Jaemi no longer came by to visit since she lost little hope. She was now dating Kihyun, who treated Jaemi with so much love. The pregnant girl sighed and placed the towel aside as she stared at the unconscious man. She smiled weakly, swiping her finger gently across his cheek as his chest moved to his calm breathing. Since the last incident of him coding, he's been stable. 

Everyone in the hospital had been careful to make sure that the special patient didn't react to any kind of medication that they give him. All of the staff took special precautions because everyone loved Baekhyun. He had a bright personality that would make anyone smile even on their worst days. He had his perks of making people happier, and she missed that. 

"Hey hon," Joonmyun called out, leaning into the room as he looked to his unconscious brother and back to his girl, "I'm going out to get some lunch. Do you want anything to eat?" Nami turned to the man and smiled softly, shaking her head to his question. The man nodded as he pushed himself off of the door frame. 

"Actually," she called out, catching his attention again as she got up from her seat cautiously, "can you get me some chicken nuggets and some cheesecake with strawberries? I'm going to go finish charting before I come back and sit with him." Joonmyun's expression softened at her. He smiled softly and nodded, moving to kiss her cheek quickly before heading out towards the walkway that still haunts her until this day. It may not be the same walkway, but it was similar and she was still haunted. She coudln't unsee or undo what she had saw.

She sighed a shaky breath. Baekhyun didn't deserve any of this.

Baekhyun

 

There was nothing but darkness. Everywhere was dark, he couldn't see anything. He couldn't breathe. Everywhere he turned, he felt himself suffocating into a pit of nothing. The man had no idea where he was or what he was doing here, but all he knew was that he wanted to go back. It felt like he was drowning into a deep deep pit that his Lord had given him as some kind of punishment that he knew nothing of. 

"You're not suppose to be here child," 

The voice itself shocked Baekhyun as he turned in every direction possible but there was no light of any sort leading to the voice that he was sure he heard. Where am I was the only thing that Baekhyun could think of. He wasn't worried about anything else but knowing where he was. For all he knew, he didn't even know what had happened to him for him to end up here—wherever here was.

"You need to wake up," the voice uttered once more. 

Wake up? Was he asleep? Was he dreaming? What exactly was going on because he didn't feel like he's asleep. He felt like he was floating in thin air. Air that was killing him from head to toe like it was air forbidden to him. "But how do I wake up when I don't even know where I am?" He questioned lowly, his eyes frowning along with his lips as he continously moved around in the darkness, feeling nothing around him. 

Suddenly, there was a bright flash that made him cover up his eyes—throwing an arm in front of him as he squinted his eyes towards the bright light. He was afraid of what laid beyond that bright flashing light. 

"Walk into the light," the voice mentioned once more as Baekhyun hesitantly walked towards it, slowly approaching the light with caution. He looked around with curious eyes as he swore he heard the voice say one more time when he was half way in the light: "You don't belong here, child. It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter