- 017.

Artificial Lover.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

italics are flashbacks!
WARNING: There is a slight, small gruesome scene.
Read at your own caution! Happy readings!

 

"Oppa," Nami called out, reaching over to lean her hands against the transport bed, "what happened?" Joonmyun was gasping for air while his hand pushed down pressure to the open, bleeding wound. Pain distorted throughout his features. She stared at him, trying her best to not panic at the thought of losing him too. After everything that they built for themselves and their child, she didn't want to leave him - not now, not ever. 

He looked over to her, gasping to speak. His mouth quickly closed due to the dryness in his throat. Minseok looked to her with saddened eyes. "He was attacked by a psych patient. The nurse watching the patient lost them apparently, and she found her way to his work area. Joonmyun gasped in a shaky breathe as they began to transport him to an operation room. Just minutes - hours - ago, he was fine and working like any normal day. 

Joonmyun glided around the new scan room, walking out to rely the records to the nurse. The lone woman walked forward, scurrying and jumping at the constant beeping of the heart monitor displaying on the computer screen by the nurses' station. She jumped when Joonmyun turned his body. He spotted the troubled girl, approaching her with caution. "Hey," he called out softly, a smile plastering his lips gently. "are you lost? Do you need help getting somewhere?" He took in the hospital clothing and the wristband on her wrist. She took in the name and the color, knowing well that she's a psych patient - completely lost. Joonmyun looked around, wondering where her caretaker was.

He knew that psych patients couldn't exactly wander around on their own without assistance - or leave their room at the fact. He hummed and smiled down to the woman, calming her to let her know that he was there to help her. "Don't be scared, okay? I just want to help you find your way back," he mentioned. She stared at him in a frightful manner. 

"Come on," he called out softly, holding his hand out to her, "I'll walk you back to your room." The scared woman stared at him hesitantly before taking his hand. He walked to the nurses' station and asked for their assistance in finding her room. The nurse assisted him when the heart monitor went off - scaring the psych patient. She screamed, holding her hands to her ears. Joonmyun turned with widened eyes, "Hey, hey, hey," he called out - holding his hands up to calm her down, "it's okay. It's just the heart monitor! Look," he called out but he couldn't reach her. 

She grabbed a nearby knife - a box cutter knife - holding it in front of her. The doctor jumped back in surprise, not aware there was a knife close to him all this time. The nurses' screamed and yelped, holding their hands to their mouth. The psychiatric patient waved the knife around while Joonmyun began to approach her with caution. "Sweetheart, it's okay.. No one's going to hurt you - I, let me help you, okay? I promise no one will hurt you." But he was too late to stop her.. 

She seemingly lost her mind and charged at him. He grunted, eyes widened. He felt the sharp blade of the sliding knife cutter puncture his skin, penatrating the inner organs. He gasped shakingly, feeling the knife drag down his stomach. "Hey!" 

The guards came to the dispense of one of the nurses going to get them, pulling the insane patient off of Joonmyun and the knife out of her hands. "Oh my goodness, Doctor Kim are you okay?!" Did he look okay? He felt every inch of his front organs rip apart from the contact of the blade.

"Code blue! Someone call code blue!" 

"Someone get Doctor Kim!" 

"Get any doctor, he needs help!"

Before he knew it, his body hit the ground with a thud and nurses' screaming around him. He couldn't speak - all he could feel was the blood wheezing out of his body. His hand flew to his slashed stomach, applying as much pressure he could to stop the wound from bleeding - but he knew that he was failing on it. 

"He's got internal damage," Minseok called out, running to the operation room with Doctor Yoon. Nami gasped, holding her hand to her baby bump. She choked on her tears, praying that he'd be fine. Doctor Yoon stared down to the man, who now laid unconscious due to the lack of blood, "we got to get in and stitch up the damages. We could have seconds before he bleeds out on us completely." 

Her breathing heightened, wheezing almost, to her boss' words. "Minseok, please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter