- 014.

Artificial Lover.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

italics, in this chapter, is a flashback!
happy readings love!

 

 

"Sweetheart, you need to go rest up," Joonmyun whispered as he stared at Nami with softened, yet saddened, eyes. He stood behind her statued body as she stared at the lifeless body in front of her. Her eyes haven't blinked and she hasn't moved in what feels like hours. She stared at his body for as long as she could remember being there. Joonmyun and Jaemi have tried to convince her to go home and get some rest, stating that it wasn't good for neither her or the baby to go on without eating or sleeping. 

"I'm not leaving him," she whispered almost inaudibly for the man behind her to hear. She was upset and frightened. The whole hospital had went into shock after the incident. Doctor Yoon, Jaemi and Kihyun were still in paranoid after being held at gunpoint. Nami, herself, was frightened to even step onto her once favorite hall; the pediatrics hall. Every time she stepped up there, she was reminded of how close the shooter was close to shooting her and her baby. Every time she stepped up there, she's reminded of how Baekhyun was shot twice.

She was reminded of how he was dying her in arms, telling her that he loved her. 

She'd still get nightmares about it every time she went to sleep. It became so concerning that Joonmyun had to continuously stay over to give her comfort when she needed a shoulder to cry on. It was either him or Sehun who'd stay with her. As for the hospital itself.. they shut down for a few weeks to give the staff and patients a time period to recover from the attack. The director knew that it had impacted us tremendously so he didn't force a single person to come into work until they were ready. Everyone seemed ready to come back to work except for Nami. It impacted her even more than it did anyone else. 

She had her best friend dying in her arms, so of course, she got it worse than everyone. Some people felt bad for her because of what she had been through and seen.

"Honey, go rest up. Get something to eat, I'll sit here with him until you're refreshed, okay?" Nami flinched out of her trance and looked towards the lifeless body filled with machines and tubes. She sniffed and wheezed for air as she leaned forward to grasp the man's cold hand. She brought his hand to her cheek as she rubbed it against his hand, hoping that he would just wake up. 

"When are you going to wake up?" She whispered to the air as if he could hear her.

"Why didn't you save him?!" She shouted, staring at the two interns and Doctor Yoon. Joonmyun looked up after having the police come in and arrest the shooter, who was out cold. Even the police was staring at the girl in pity as she shakingly cuffed the dead man's cheeks. Her tears slowly dripping onto his pale face. Jaemi moved to press her fingers against Baekhyun's neck as she moved to put the oxygen to his nose once more and connect him to the heart rate monitor. 

"R-Right," Doctor Yoon muttered, picking up the scapel and tweezer once more. "Son, get ready to stitch up and patch the man." 

"We can't!" Jaemi yelled as she noticed that the man was losing a lot of blood even when the bullets were out. She breathed and stared up to the surgeon: "The bullet to his chest hit and artery. It needs to be repaired before we can even stitch him back up." Nami stood there, completely shocked with the situation as she looked to see that they were deceving the shooter and even her. Joonmyun had stepped to her as she shrugged him away. "I want to stay with him," she whispered before moving to cuff the unconscious man's cheeks. The man merely nodded as he watched her from a distance.

"Where did the bullet hit," a new, and frantic, voice questioned while entering the OR. The brunette looked up to see Luhan rushing in, garbed and ready to operate. "," Doctor Yoon muttered as the bleeding began to flood his body. 

"What's happening?" Kihyun shouted as the girl looked frantic from where she was standing. "We have to open him up," Luhan called out, "it's the only best way to find out what's really happened." Doctor Yoon's hands shook at the sight: "But I don't understand—I didn't do anything other than take out the bullet! W-Where is the bleeding coming from?" She questioned, searching in panic. Luhan looked to her and asked her to step aside, seeing how she wasn't stable to ope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter