Our Dream

Took My Breath Away

 

Nara leaned her forehead against the wall and bumped it softly for several times. She closed her eyes and sighed for the umpteenth time that day. The company couldn't have picked a more perfect time to announce that the next monthly evaluation would be the most important one compared to the previous ones they had. It would determine who would make the cut and go through with the upcoming debut or who would fall short and remain as a trainee for God knows how long.
 
She kept telling herself that there was nothing to worry about, cause she had been diliigently practicing on her dancing and singing. But it was a whole lot different level now that she knew it would determine her future. She got more anxious and nervous. She couldn't get the steps right and she couldn't reach those high notes that she could execute perfectly the day before the announcement. 
 
Her condition with Kyuhyun didn't help either cause it was just giving her more headache. She missed him so much but she had too much pride to admit it. Besides, she didn't know how to face him after she confessed to him that she kissed his fellow member.
 
"Nara, why do you have to be so stupid?" she mumbled to herself and unconciously bumped her forehead harder against the wall. "Ouch!" she rubbed the spot in forehead that started to turn red. Suddenly someone opened the door to the practice room and entered noisily.
 
Nara rolled her eyes and shouted at the intruder, "Yah, get out! You guys are giving me headache!"
 
"I didn't see the reason why you can boss me around unless you're the daughter of Lee Soo Man that nobody knows of,"Joongso replied sarcastically and rested his body against the wall next to Nara. It annoyed her even more.
 
"Here's a reason why." Nara pinched Joongso's arm hard and didn't show any sign of mercy.
 
"Aw aw aw, you're hurting me!" Joongso yelped in pain and tried to slap Nara's hand away.
 
Nara laughed seeing his expression. After her laugh died down, she patted his arm and dragged him to sit on the wooden floor with her. Joongso narrowed his eyes in suspicion at her, afraid that she would harm him again in another way. But Nara just chuckled and rested her head on his shoulder. Joongso scoffed at her sudden change of attitude, he already got used to it now. Having been bestfriends with two girls for the past year made him involuntarily remember their period times.
 
Joongso felt another pressure on his other shoulder. He turned his head and found Minyoung was resting her head on it. He put his hands on each of the girls' hair and it gently. "You know, people would kill to be in my place right now."
 
"Yeah? Too bad they haven't done it yet." Joongso glared at Nara after hearing her words and Nara just stuck her tongue out.
 
Minyoung laughed seeing her bestfriends behavior. She took Nara's hand in hers and squeezed it gently. "Kyuhyun asked me about you the other day..." she trailed.
 
Nara just sighed. She didn't know what to say. Minyoung decided to continue, "He looked like a mess, you know. And he sounded genuinely worried about you." She eyed Nara carefully.
 
"I can't afford anymore distraction, unnie," she bit her lower lip, "I need to concentrate. And you guys should too. Stop worriying about my love life, it can wait." Nara looked at Joongso and Minyoung before she rested her head back on Joongso's shoulder.
 
Joongso smiled hearing the determination in Nara's voice. This is it, he thought to himself. It was the of their trainee life. He had made up his mind. If he didn't made the cut, he wouldn't continue training at SM. He would just concentrate on his study. "Aren't you guys worried? I mean, I'm a guy, so you two aren't my competitors. We would obviously debut in a different group. But you two... What if someone made the cut and the other didn't?" Joongso voiced the thing that had been bugging his mind for a while. The last thing he ever wanted was for their friendship to fall apart.
 
"Uum... I'm not actually that worried," Minyoung softly spoke. Joongso and Nara looked at her curiously. She chuckled and continued, "Nara and I have different roles. She's a singer and I'm a dancer. If one of us didn't make the cut, I'm sure it won't be because I took her place or the other way around."
 
A smile slowly appeared on Nara's face. "You're right, unnie. But let's not think about the outcome for now, let's just concentrate and do our best." They were one step closer to their dream, and it killed her a little inside thinking that they wouldn't be together 'till the end.
 
Joongso held both of Nara's and Minyoung's hand. He exhaled and a put on a determined expression. "Fighting! we can do this!"
 
Nara and Minyoung pumped their fist in the air and shouted, "Fighting!"
Kyuhyun carefully opened the door to the practice room and foun Nara was practicing the song she was going to sing at the monthly evaluation. She struggled alot and sounded pissed at her own singing. He contemplated whether or not he should enter the room given the circumstances. He didn't want to make things worse than they already were and he wasn't sure that Nara already forgave him. Though I don't even know what I did wrong... Shouldn't I be the one whose mad at her? Aish...
 
"Are you going to just stand there all day or what?" Nara suddenly interrupted his train of thoughts.
 
Kyuhyun was flustered at her sudden question and just smiled sheepishly. He shut the door behind him and just stood awkwardly, didn't know what to do.
 
Nara chuckled seeing his behavior. "Come here, I won't bite," she recited his words. Kyuhyun smiled at the memory and walked closer to her.
 
"You seem nervous." He sat down next to her on the floor, rested their backs against the mirror.
 
Nara sighed and absentmindedly drew random designs on the floor. "I am... You've heard the news, right?"
 
"Yeah," Kyuhyun nodded slowly, "But I don't see the reason why you should be nervous."
 
Nara snapped her head towards Kyuhyun, she furrowed her eyebrows. "It's about my future, of cour-"
 
Kyuhyun suddenly took her hand in his and intertwined their fingers.  "You're a great singer. Don't let all those pressures get into your mind and bring you down," he gave her hand a light squeeze, "You enjoy singing. So just do what you always do." He smiled sweetly at her.
 
Nara looked down at their intertwined fingers and spoke more to herself, "I do enjoy singing. Since when did I get so technical about it?"
 
"Since you heard that it would determine the rest of your life?" Kyuhyun smirked and .
 
Nara laughed and hit his arm playfully. "Yah, oppa! I thought you were here to help me!"
 
Kyuhyun laughed and pinched her cheek lovingly. He closed his eyes and rested his head against the mirror. There was a peaceful smile on his handsome face. Nara couldn't help but to gaze at the georgeous man beside her. He was always there, no matter how bad she treated him. A sense of guilt came rushing back and she lowered her head in shame.
 
"Oppa?" She called him in a small voice.
 
"Hm?" Kyuhyun turned his head towards her and smiled.
 
"I don't know how many times I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again anyway," she gathered her courage to look at him right in the eyes, "I'm sorry. And I mean it in the most sincere way possible." She bit her lower lip out of nervousness.
 
Kyuhyun lightly touched her lip, softly scolding her for biting it. His touch sent butterflies to her stomach, prooving that he still had the effect on her. He hesitated for a while before finally giving her an answer, "Rather than saying sorry for all the fights we had, I would much prefer it if we make a promise instead."
 
Nara tilted her head in confuse, "What kind of promise, oppa?"
 
"Whenever one of us had a problem or resentment towards each other, let's talk about it and slove it together. No more fights. Promise me." Kyuhyun tucked her hair behind her ears and softly gazed at her. He was tired of all the drama. He missed the fun times they shared together.
 
The truth was, Nara felt exactly the same way. Although they weren't a couple anymore, that didn't mean they should be enemy, right? If they couldn't fix their relationship anymore, the least that they can do was to be friends once again. She smiled sweetly at him and held out her pinky finger, "Promise."
 
Kyuhyun smiled back at her and intertwined their pinky fingers. "Promise."
Helloooo,I'm back! The reason why I had been M.I.A would be explain on the author's note in the next chapter.
Yeeessss, it's a double update guys! Click the "Next" button! Go read the next chapter and don't forget to tell me what you think!
 
This chapter mostly about Nara and her dream of becoming a singer. But the next chapter would be... I'm not telling ;p go and read them yourself! :D
 
Don't forget to comment and subscribe! See ya! :D