The Morning After

Took My Breath Away

I could feel those eyes looking and those fingers pointing at me. Worst of all, I could hear their voices talking about me. If you're trying to whisper, at least make an effort to lower down your voice, people! Geez...

I pull my hoodie down lower to cover my face if that was even possible. I knew it wouldn't do me any favor but at least I don't have to look at them right in the eyes. God, this is the longest walk to the practice room I've ever felt in my whole trainee life. I thought this kind of thing only happened in tv series like Glee, or 90210, or something. I never thought this thing would eventually happened to me.

I opened the door to the practice room and found Minyoung unnie and few other trainees already in there doing some warm-ups. I put my bag in the locker and joined her.

"Feel better?" she asked while stretching her legs.

"Well yeah.. I've been better. Just trying to forget what happened last night," I said while watching at our reflections in the mirror. 

Minyoung unnie is really pretty. She's tall and she got a really nice body. She's a really great dancer although her voice is just mediocore. She got long wavy hair and an eye-smile to die for. I envied her sometimes. It's not that I'm not pretty. People had been telling me that I'm really really pretty and unique. What I don't like is the unique part. I'm not tall, I have the same height as SNSD's Sunny sunbaenim. So you can call me petite. I have naturally straight long dark brown hair and a fair skin. My eyes are typical round double-eyelid eyes just like some korean people. What's unique about me is the color of my eyes. It's not black or dark brown like normal asian people. It's dark gray with a hint of blue. People often mistaken me by wearing contact lense.  I hate it. It makes me feel... different. But many people actually told me that they wanted to have my eye color because it made my eyes look bigger and "pops". Huh, weirdos.

The trainer suddenly entered the practice room and stopped my train of thoughts, "Okay, get in position! Today we're going to rehearse the dance step we learned last week. Hyuri, pur the music on!" He told one of the trainee near the sound system.

The music started and i tried hard to focus on my routines. I won't let Cho Kyuhyun ruin my chance to debut!


I took a shower and changed into a clean outfit after our 6 to 9 dance practice. I have class at 10 so I need to hurry up. I'm still in college. I promised my parents that i wouldn't abandoned my education for the sake of debuting as an idol. I wouldn't say it had been easy, but i manage. I still got good scores in college and I'm doing great in SM. I was in the main hall and on my way out of the building when someone suddenly pulled down my hoodie and held me in place.

"Um... I know it's winter and all, Nara-ah, but it's still weird to wear a hoodie down to your face like that. In case you haven't notice, SM have roof, it won't be snowing inside."

I looked up and saw Joongso with his infamous boyish smile. I haven't seen him since morning because the practice room for girls trainee and boys trainee are not in the same part of the building.

"Yah, let go of me Kim Joongso! Eeergh keep your voice down! Your friend is trying to be invicible here," I said as i tried hard struggling to let go of his grip from my hoodie.

He frowned and said, "Dealing with the after effects of last night, huh? Did someone bother you? Which one? Show her to me,"

"Joongso-ah, nobody has done anything but gossip, relax. Now let go of Nara, she needs to be in campus exactly in 30 minutes," Minyoung unnie said while smiling, looking at her two bestfriend who were arguing like 6 years old kids.

Joongso immediately let go of me and drag me out of the building. "I have class at 10 too. Come on, we need to go to the station now or we'll be late," Joongso and I attended the same major with some different classes while Minyoung unnie attended different major with us but still in the same university.

"Hurry up Joongso-ah, we need to run!" i don't wanna be late again for this class. The professor kinda strict and he's someone you don't wanna cross.

"Wait, what time do you guys finish your class?" Minyoung unnie said while holding my arms.

"Twelve," we both said at the same time, "Why, unnie?"

"Oh, great. I thought you'll finish later. Don't forget to go to kbs for music back right after you finish, okay? We need to help for the comeback. Okay, now off you go! See ya! " Minyoung unnie said while smiling and running to the other way.

Right, the comeback. SM had this rule that trainee should help everytime there's a sunbaenim having a comeback. We need to assist the make-up stylist, the costume coordi, getting drinks and foods, ironing the costumes, aaaaand everything the artist and their coordinator needed. We're their slave to be exact. The company said it was a great opportunity to get to know the sunbaenims from the other companies and get as much networking as we can before our debut. Well, that might be true cause will always be assisting the artist and their coordi as long as the promotion cycle lasts. So it could be 2 to 3 monts. But still...

"Wait a second," I said while holding Joongso's arm. Effectively stopping him from running.

"What?" He said, confused with my action. We were almost at the subway station and we were both panting because of the running.

"Whose comeback are we assisting?" I already knew the answer. I was just hoping I was wrong.

Joongso's face was confused at first but then he understood what I was trying to say. "Super Junior sunbaenim," he said while looking into my eyes, worried.

"You've gotta be kidding me.."


Well, that's the second chapter! What do you think guys? I know i know, the super junior members will be at the next chapter and the next, and the next, and the next....... hahaha :D there will be a lot of them, don't worry. And let's all just pretend that their comeback for the 5th album is in December,okay? ;) i hope i'm doing okay for my first fanfic *fingers-crossed*