Spare Me the Heartbreak

Took My Breath Away

By the time we left the studio, it was already 11 pm. I was so tired, physically and mentally. I couldn't look at neither Kyuhyun nor Eunhyuk in their eyes. Kyuhyun was surrounded by his hyungs who were strangely so energized given the time. Are they always like this?, I thought to myself. While Eunhyuk was just walking quietly a few steps behind them with Donghae by his side.

"So are you up for it, Nara-ssi?" Shindong suddenly asked me out of nowhere.

I was slightly confused. "Eh? Up for what?"

"Weren't you listening? We want to have a little party at our dorm," Ryeowook laughed a little and explained to me.

"You should come. Ah, no no, you NEED to come," Yesung smiled and emphasized the word 'NEED'.

My eyes widened at that. "But um... I'm... I'm so tired, sunbaenim. You guys should rest to." I reasoned at them, desperately not wanting to be in the same room with Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk as in now.

"Eeey, we're not tired at all. We need to celebrate our dear little magnae achievement. High-five!" Heechul wriggled his eyebrows and high-fived with Siwon.

Huh, they called making-out-in-public-with-a-girl-that-isn't-your-girlfriend an achievement? These guys must be crazy.

"I'm sure Leeteuk sunbaenim will agree with me. You guys must have an early schedule in the morning, right?" I glanced at Leeteuk who had just been standing there, watching his kids in silence.

Then he smiled and shrugged his shoulder. "I don't mind, they only have a few shedules in the afternoon. You guys have been working hard, just don't drink too much."

What? Nooooo! You should be the sensible leader that you are and tell them not to. Eeeeerghhh! I mentally cursed Leeteuk for being so soft-hearted towards his dongsaengs.

"You can bring your friends along, Nara-ah. Come on," Ryeowook pointed at Joongso and Minyoung unnie who had been walking in silence beside me and tried to convince me.

I ran out of excuse by then. I sighed in defeat and said, "Fine...".

"High-five!" Heechul shouted at me in victory. I laughed at his action and high-fived with him. I can never win against these guys.


It was already 1 am and the Super Junior's dorm was such a mess. Most of them were sprawled around the living room. Joongso was having a wrestling match with Shindong, Siwon and Ryeowook watched them with deep interest while occasionally cheer for them, Heechul already passed out on the couch and Yesung was taking pictures of his pets. All of them weren't thinking straight cause of the alcohol. Leeteuk just had half bottle of soju and went upstairs to bed.

I was sitting on the dining table, amused watching all of them when suddenly someone caught my eyes. He just walked in the room after drinking some wine with Sungmin on the balcony. He seemed to be in deep thought while Sungmin just patted his shoulder in a fatherly way. Then he swept the room with his gaze until he met mine. He looked at me softly before Ryeowook tackled him from behind and declared his love for him. Kyuhyun burst out in laughter at Ryeowook's behavior and tried to get away from his grip. I smiled seeing that side of him, how affectionate he was with s.

Then I turned my gaze to another person that had been occupying my mind these last few days other than Kyuhyun. He was resting his head on the couch, looking at the ceiling while listening intently to Donghae. Donghae seemed to worry abouth him and kept on trying to cheer him up. He just shook his head as if trying to get some senses into his mind and then covered his face in his palms. It hurt me to see how troubled he was and knowing I played a big part in causing it. I tried to breathe normally and swallowed an invisible lump in my throat before I got up from my seat and walked towards him. I felt tears was starting to form in my eyes but I held it back anyway.

I stood beside him and said, "Oppa, I wanna talk to to you."

Eunhyuk lift his head from his palms and I could see the pain in his eyes. "Okay." He stood up from the couch and took his coat and mine from the hanger.

"We're going to the rooftop for a while, okay?" He informed Donghae as he walked to the door. Donghae just nodded, looking even more worried than before.

I took a brief glance at Kyuhyun, he was looking at us with a frown as if he was mad but didn't say anything. I took a deep breath and followed Eunhyuk to the door.


He took me to their apartment's rooftop and held the door open for me. The weather was so chilly that night. I shivered a little before taking a look around the place. The view from the rooftop was amazing, I could see the Han river from up here and the busy city of Seoul. Eunhyuk walked in front of me and stopped a few steps later. His hands were inside his pocket and he was looking at the sky. I stayed behind him and was hoping for him to turn around and face me, but he didn't. He just stayed in that position and didn't say a single word.

After what was felt like forever, I decided to talk to him. It was getting harder by the minute to hold back my tears, but I didn't wanna cry.

"Oppa..." I called him in a small voice. I could hear my voice was trembling.

"I know,"  He sighed slowly while still starring at the sky.

I was confused for a moment. "What, what do you mean, oppa?"

He then turned to face me and answered, "I know. You don't have to say it."

His voice was shaky and on the edge of cracking. I could see tears were forming in his eyes and his nose was red. Nevertheless, he still manage to form a small smile in his face.

I could almost hear my heart cracked at that sight of him. My eyes and throat were hurting cause I was trying to hold myself from crying for too long already. I took another deep breath and forced myself to speak.

"But you need to hear me out, oppa." My voice sounded so weak and the tears were threatening to fall. I couldn't cry, not when I was the one who hurt him and not the other way around.

He took a few steps towards me and stood close enough for me to see the tears and pain in his eyes. The small smile never leave his face. "It's okay. You don't need to."

"But oppa..." I was trying to explain to him when suddenly he hugged me tightly with his hands around my waist. He hid his face on my shoulder.

"Just... Just spare me the heartbreak." Then I could feel my shoulder was starting to wet. He finally let his tears rolled down.

That was the last straw, I could feel my heart broke into pieces. I hugged him back tightly and cried my heart out.

"I'm so sorry, oppa."


We just stood there for a while. I couldn't stop myself from crying and sobbing uncontrollably in his arms. Eunhyuk didn't say anything and just kept on brushing my hair gently over and over again. God, how can I hurt someone as nice as Eunhyuk oppa? I thought to myself and tried to control my tears.

Embarassing, I wasn't even the one who got hurt. Why am I crying so much? He was the one who should cry, he was the one who supposed to be mad at me.

I lift my head slowly from his embrace. He was looking at me with a smile, and he still looked so handsome despite his red nose and slightly puffy eyes.

"You know it's okay if you want to get mad at me, oppa." I sniffed and suddenly felt more embarassed. I must looked like hell.

"I'm not mad at you. How can I be mad at someone who still manage to look so cute eventhough she cried a river?" He chuckled softly and helped me wiped the tears from my cheeks. Even then he still tried to cheer me up.

I could feel the tears started to form in my eyes once again. "I don't deserve to be treated this nice by you, oppa. Stop it."

He laughed a little and cupped a side of my cheek with his hand. "Now now, don't start crying again. I am indeed a nice guy, and you should deal with it." He then put on this cute smile on his face.

I hugged him tightly one more time and he whispered, "We should head inside now before any of us freeze to death."

I just nodded against his chest and then followed him back to the dorm.


I know it's short. But I just want to give Eunhyuk his own chapter for this one. I'll update anothe chapter soon :)