#10 2Jae - Second Chance

Kpop BxB One shots (requests open)

The part in italic is a flashback.


Youngjae looked outside of the window in his room. His eyes glassy with tears threatening to roll down at any moment, his lips forming a thin line as if they never curved up into a smile. He looked at the two birds sitting on a branch of the tree. He soon turned away and pulled the curtain to cover the window. Youngjae sank down, his back against the wall, the tears staining his cheeks. He quietly cried to himself as memories flooded his mind.

“I’m sorry Youngjae, but I can’t do this anymore. I can’t tell you why, but all I can do is breaking up with you… I’m sorry Youngjae…” The boy standing in front of Youngjae said. The boy was hesitant when he spoke as if he didn’t want to say what he had said.

After saying those words, the boy walked away, leaving Youngjae with a broken heart.

Youngjae stood there, no tears and no reaction to the words that the other had just said. He was completely broken on the inside, but on the outside, he didn’t let it show. He couldn’t just cry in the middle of the sidewalk and walk in the wrong direction and also risk his life. He knew what he had to do. He was ready for this moment to come at some point, but he didn’t know it would come this quick.

Youngjae shook his head at the memory and wiped away his tears. He walked into the bathroom and took out a bag of cosmetics and started to applying them on his face, giving himself a reason to why to not let those tears escape again. He had hidden his eye bags with some foundation and concealer and used contacts to hide the fact that there was no positive emotion expressed through his eyes.

He heard a knock on the door just when he was done putting his make up. He went to open his door only to find his father, stepmother and his ex-boyfriend.

“Youngjae, what took you so long? Anyway, you have already met her” His dad said pointing at Youngjae’s stepmother. “This is her son, Jaebum. He is going to be your brother” His father added.

After that day Youngjae was ignoring everyone in the house or even in his room. He had to share his room with Jaebum since Jaebum’s room was still not ready with all the furniture needed.

Youngjae was devastated. He was still in love with Jaebum. The fact that he was now the younger brother of his ex-lover was driving Youngjae crazy. If he had the chance to he would go back to Jaebum with eyes closed, But the two had broken up over a year ago and they were now related as family.

A few months later there was the wedding. Everything went smoothly, even if Youngjae had to force a smile throughout the day.

What Youngjae didn’t notice was the longing stares from Jaebum. The said boy wanted to just go to Youngjae and hug him tightly, but he couldn’t. He had noticed how Youngjae was forcing his smiles. He wanted Youngjae to smile genuinely, not forcefully.

The next day Youngjae woke up to be alone in his room. He sighed and walked out of his room and down to the kitchen only to see Jaebum cooking and noticing a note on the fridge. He walked over to the fridge, completely ignoring the other male in the room and read the note.

Youngjae sighed and turned around to go to the living room or back in his room.

Jaebum was quicker and stopped him by pinning him against the fridge. “Are you going to starve? You’ve become so thin…” Jaebum trailed off as he gently put his hand on Youngjae’s thin arm, only to make the younger to flinch. “Come on, eat something,” Jaebum said and pulled Youngjae with him towards the dining table.

When Youngjae set down, Jaebum placed a plate of eggs and bacon with toasted bread in front of him.

Youngjae just looked at the plate and then up at Jaebum. “Why are you being so nice now that I’m finally moving on? Why are you making things harder for me?” Youngjae asked as tears rolled down his cheeks and his voice cracked a few times.

Jaebum was panicking internally. He didn’t know that what he did in the past had hurt the boy this badly. He stood up and pulled Youngjae in a tight hug. “Don’t cry… I’ve told you before, it hurts me to see you cry” He said as he gently rubbed his hand on Youngjae’s back.

Youngjae just stood there in the other’s arms as he cried.

Jaebum was getting worried since Youngjae didn’t stop crying.

He then noticed Youngjae had started to calm down, so he held the younger close in his arms and slowly swayed side to side, just like he used to do when they were still together. “You look beautiful without these tears, they are like overdone makeup on a stripper’s face,” he said softly and casually.

Youngjae chuckled and wiped away his tears. He rested his head against Jaebum’s shoulder. He stayed quiet, not wanting to say anything.

“You okay now?” Jaebum asked, earning a quiet hum from the younger one.

“Can I do something?” Jaebum asked after some minutes of silence.

“Do what?” Youngjae asked confused as he looked up at Jaebum.

Jaebum just shook his head and leaned closer, their lips barely touching. “Can I?” Jaebum asked again, but all he got was Youngjae’s lips against his own.

Both of them were smiling. The kiss was simple with no lip movement and no tongue involved. When they pulled back, they were both smiling at each other.

“I missed you so much,” Jaebum said as he tightly wrapped his arms around Youngjae's thing frame.

Youngjae smiled and hugged back. He indeed was moving on, but who wants to when the one they love has come back to them. “Are we…?” he trailed off as he was asking.

“Yes, we are and I’m not planning on leaving you this time. I’ll always stay by your side” Jaebum said and softly pressed his lips on Youngjae’s cheeks, making the other smile.

“What about mom and dad?” Youngjae asked as he bit his lip.

“As I said, I’m not leaving you this time and mom and dad can’t stop us,” Jaebum said smiling.