Chapter 7

Icey Fire

“I swear we didn’t do anything!” Soonyoung was hollering as we went back to the room, where the snow had melted. The other members and Nohee were looking at us as if we had committed a murder scene in front of their eyes. I caught Nohee’s eye and she gave me one of her her looks, which I mouthed nothing to her. She didn’t seem to take it, giving me a wink instead as she sat down with the rest.

“Chan, what was going on?” Seungcheol asked the traumatised maknae.

“I saw them--”

“Holding hands, we were holding hands because I helped her up after we both slipped!” Soonyoung cut in, causing Seokmin and Seungkwan to go over and cover the boy’s mouth. Seungkwan, however, took his hand off, his eyes going wide with excitement.

“And apparently he wanted to--”

He wasn’t able to reveal any more of Soonyoung’s mind, since the boy himself took it into his own hands to cover the chatterbox’s mouth. As the trio struggled with one another, Seungcheol turned to me.

“What did you guys do?” he asked. I wasn’t sure if he was threatening me or was just curious.

“I hit him with a snowball, he slipped, I slipped, he helped me up, Chan walked in,” I summarized everything shortly.

“You held hands?” Jeonghan asked. I felt like I was at a police station being interrogated for a crime I didn’t commit.

“Yes but it was for a moment,” I rolled my eyes.

“SO YOU DID HOLD HANDS!” Mingyu bellowed and the entire house seemed to shake. Some members were congratulating Soonyoung, who looked just as confused as I was, his mouth hanging slightly open as he struggled to take in the scene in front of him.

“Wait what?” I was so confused and just stood there puzzled. It was only when the doorbell rang when we all shut up and looked at the front door suspiciously.

“Who is it?” Wonwoo’s deep voice rang out.

“Pizza delivery!” a guy’s voice answered back. All 13 boys scrambled for the door, Hansol opening it to reveal a tall stack of pizza boxes and a boy peeking out from behind it. Seungcheol paid the boy and we settled down to eat around the dining table, me being squished next to Soonyoung at everyone’s insistence.

“Hyung, just do it when she leaves,” Seungkwan said from across the table, making Soonyoung scrunch his face up at him but continued eating his lunch.

We finished up and Nohee was running late for a family dinner.

“Ugh, I’ll leave right now!” she said into her phone, giving everyone a quick hug before leaving. “I’ll see ya soon!”

“I should get going too,” I said. “Thanks for having us.”

“No problem, you’re welcome anytime,” Junhui said, acting like he owned the place (which was partly true). They followed me to the door and I saw Seungkwan shove Soonyoung outside with me before slamming the door shut.

“Boo Seungkwan I swear to God,” he pummeled his fists onto the door.

“Soonyoung, what’s up?” I interrupted him and he stopped and stared at me sheepishly.

“I uh... just um… I...” he paused, not knowing how to word his sentence. He turned quickly to the window near us and the curtains quickly fluttered back. He began mumbling to himself, turning away from me and banging his head on the door. “Okay. Kwon Soonyoung, just do it. Be a man for crying out loud.”

He turned back to me and took a deep breath. “Would you like to go on a date with me?”