Chapter 15

Icey Fire

His sudden and random confession made me smile.

“Soonyoung, you’re drunk,” I closed his eyelids but he opened them to stare at me.

“Yewon, you’re the prettiest girl I know in this world!” he squealed, making me clamp a hand over this mouth.

“Shh, the others are sleeping,” I hushed him and he nodded slowly, eyes wide.

“Shh,” he repeated after me when I uncovered his mouth. He began whispering loudly instead. “Yewon, you know that I like you right?”

“Yes Soonyoung, that’s why I said yes when you asked if I would be your girlfriend.”

“Wow,” he seemed amazed. “So you like me too?”

“Yes Soonyoung, that’s how relationships work.”

“Wow,” he repeated. He broke out into a wide grin. “We like each other!”

“Yes Soonyoung,” I repeated patiently for hopefully the last time. I was getting sleepy. “Aren’t you sleepy?”

“Nope. I have such a beautiful girl in my arms, how am I meant to sleep?” he was getting giddy again.

“I’m sleepy though Soonyoung,” I whined.

“You sleep and I can stare at you all night then,” he said happily. I knew I wouldn’t win with his child-like ways and nodded. He pulled me closer into his embrace and I snuggled closer to his chest. He pulled the covers over us both and made sure we were both covered up before shutting my eyelids for me. Too tired to resist, I let myself fall asleep in his arms.

The next morning, I heard Soonyoung groaning and clutching his head.

“Ugh, headache. What happened last night?” he moaned, eyes squeezed shut.

“You drank and became a 5 year old kid,” I answered, handing him a glass of water. He chugged it down and laid back in bed.

“But good morning,” he said cheekily.

“Good morning to you too,” I laughed. He pouted when I started to walk away.

“Yewon, where are you going?” he asked, releasing his inner 5 year old self.

“You guys are gonna need a hangover soup. I think I can smell it already. We’ll call you when it’s done. Just rest.”

He didn’t say anything else and shut his eyes tightly as I left the room. Nohee joined me in the hall, where we could hear Mingyu and Wonwoo just waking up too.

“AHHH!!! HYUNG, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BED?!?!?!” Mingyu was yelling. A thump and then--

“YA KIM MINGYU! YOU ASKED FOR ME TO SLEEP NEXT TO YOU!” Wonwoo was yelling back.

“I DID NOT!!!!” Mingyu was screaming and Nohee and I both entered the room just in time to see Mingyu trip over the blanket and fall flat onto his face onto the bed as Wonwoo laughed at him. We quickly settled the debate, claiming Wonwoo was right, and led the boy back into his room while Mingyu sulked.

Downstairs, the soup was almost ready and Chan greeted us brightly as he served us breakfast.

“So, did you and Soonyoung do it last night?” she wiggled her eyebrows at me and I threw my napkin at her.

“Weren’t you the one who told him not to do anything inappropriate to me?” I scoffed.

The boys were all called downstairs to eat. Wonwoo and Mingyu, refusing to look at each other, also sat down next to each other, as if it were out of habit. Soonyoung took a spot next to me and he seemed perfectly normal, to my relief. A few hours later, we heard Mingyu begging Wonwoo for forgiveness for yelling at him so early in the morning. Yep, just a typical day in the SEVENTEEN household...