Chapter 21

Icey Fire

“So how are we gonna do this?” Myungho asked the quiet table. Seokmin was at the board, ready to take notes but no one was talking. We looked at each other around the table, stone faced, tired, and running out of ideas.

“Use Yewon as a distraction?” Jeonghan asked, getting a glare from Soonyoung.

“I’d prefer a plan that doesn’t put my girlfriend in harm’s way thanks,” Soonyoung snapped.

“I don’t care, I wanna help,” I insisted. Seungcheol gave Soonyoung a look as if to say well there you have it. Soonyoung scowled.

”Hyung, you’re such a great leader,” Soonyoung said, the sarcasm dripping from his voice.

“Oh why thank you,” Seungcheol grinned, knowing it would piss Soonyoung off. As I quietly calmed my boyfriend down, the rest began to pipe in ideas. We later combined our ideas into one grand plan.

“Let’s get this into action tomorrow,” Seungcheol announced and we nodded, heading off to our rooms for some sleep. Soonyoung dragged me into his room.

“Soonyoung, what’s wrong?” I asked, knowing very well the look on his face was never a good one.

“I feel like we’re putting our lives on the line to finish him off. Especially you. Who knows what he’ll do to you?”

“I trust you guys will be on the scene before he does anything.”

“This worries me.”

“As much as it worries me too, you guys are a team after all. Trust, teamwork, loyalty all create you guys.”

“Promise me you won’t do anything reckless?”

“I promise.”

The next morning, we got our plan into action. I’d let myself get taken by Joongjong and then the rest would follow me to wherever he’d take me. A combination of our powers would then be able to get rid of him for good. But only in drastic situations would our powers truly let loose and reach their full potential. Everyone worried we wouldn’t be able to let them reach full capacity in time but we took the risk.

I let myself walk slowly from uni and when I felt foreign eyes watching me, I shot a text to the group.

“Why who’s letting you walk along this late at night by yourself?” I heard Joongjong’s voice in my ear and held back a shiver.

“I’d prefer it if you piss off, I’ve had a long day,” I coldly said, half-heartedly trying to brush him off. He took the bait and grabbed onto my wrist. I saw him multiply and surround me.

“I told your boyfriends to hand you over but it seems they’re just clingy,” he sneered.

“Well I refuse to go so uh bye,” I tried shaking off his hand but he didn’t let go. I rolled my eyes. “What are you planning to do with me anyway?”

“Your powers will come in handy for the last bit of my plan...” he didn’t finish his sentence.

“Yeah, I don’t wanna participate, sorry,” I said.

“Well, too bad, you’re gonna have to.”