Chapter 18

Icey Fire

A few days later, the boys were all suited up and were looking at me and Nohee expectantly as we walked down the stairs. Nohee had her hair styled up and was wearing a dark blue colored, one shoulder strap dress with ruffles. I was wearing an off the shoulder knee length black colored dress with a diamond necklace that Soonyoung had gifted to me randomly. Today was the day where Seungcheol would officially inherit his father’s business.

“For a daredevil, he owns quite the building,” Nohee peeked up at the tall building from the limo. She squeezed Myungho’s hand, who smiled gently next to her. I smiled at the sight. I had prodded both of them to confess and eventually Myungho gave in to my quiet nagging. It was more private, compared to Soonyoung’s confession, but she accepted anyway. They came out of the room holding hands, Nohee looked extremely happy and Myungho was still slightly red but looked just as happy as his new girlfriend.

Seungcheol led us all out of the limo in a leader-like fashion.

“And here he is! The son of the daredevil himself, Choi Seungcheol has just arrived onto the carpet, along with his groupmates,” the MC announced. “Are my eyes deceiving me? Kwon Soonyoung and Seo Myungho both have dates? They are indeed dating, seeing those pecks on their cheeks! Mr Choi, a few words?”

The mic was passed to Seungcheol, who spoke briefly about the honor bestowed on him. We entered inside the building, where Seungcheol began greeting his new employees. We met his dad, who looked old with age but had a mischievous sparkle in his eye, and greeted him. We wandered around the huge building for a bit. I went to the restroom with Nohee on the level above from where the boys were chatting with Seungcheol’s dad. I was washing my hands just as someone barged into the bathroom. I glanced up and saw Joongjong staring directly at me. He smirked and I quickly tried to run for it. I would’ve made it but something hit the back of my head and I fell over, blacking out immediately.

I came to and tried lifting my hands to rub my eyes but couldn’t move an inch. My eyes quickly focused and I saw I was on a rooftop, where I was chained onto a huge pole near the exit door next to Nohee, who was still unconscious. I struggled against my bonds and saw that my hands were stuck with my palms facing together, meaning my powers would be useless.

“Hello,” I heard a voice and looked up to see Joongjong himself walking towards me. “Glad to see you’ve woken up.”

“Let her go,” I skipped the greeting. He looked down at me and I just stared furiously until he reached down and unlocked Nohee.

“Stupid girl put up a fight when I tried to take you,” he growled and I felt a flash of pride. “Now that you’re here where I want you though...”

He easily picked Nohee up and unlocked the rooftop door, throwing her outside then locking it again. He walked back over to me, easily dodging my kicks, laughing at my struggles to get free. He picked up a walkie talkie and began speaking.

“Kwon Soonyoung. I think you’ll be losing a precious item today if you don’t hurry. I’ve got a bomb planted on her and it goes off in half an hour. The lock on the door will be hard to break, even with pure strength. You’ve got half an hour.”

“You wouldn’t,” I snarled, watching him take a box looking device out with wires everywhere.

“I would. And it’s also a power drainer. Once it goes off, I receive your powers,” he said, strapping it around me, made sure it wouldn’t get loose, and clicked a button on it. “Hope you enjoyed your life.”