Chapter 2

Icey Fire

We never saw the group of guys until a week later, when I bumped into the red streak boy on accident.

“Ah!” we both gasped. He touched my arm, only to pull back quickly like he was being burned. I felt the same sensation, rubbing my arm unconsciously.

“Are you okay?” he asked. I wasn’t sure if it was about the touch or bumping into me.

“I’m fine,” I nodded, answering both in my mind.

He stared at my hair and I felt my eyes straying towards his red streaks. What could red mean? That could mean anything… I saw him shake his head and deflate.

“Do you… perhaps… no way...” he mumbled to himself, scratching his head.

“What powers do you have?” I blurted out without much thought. His small eyes went wide at my words.

“Wait, are you saying…?”

Nohee came up to me and he slightly backed off.

“She knows,” I said, not wanting to lose this chance. Both seemed to know what I was talking about and the boy nodded.

“I’ll introduce you to my other friends,” he said, walking off quickly. Nohee and I followed behind him.

“You sure about this?” Nohee muttered out of the corner of .

“Positive,” I replied back softly, staring up at the red streaks in his hair again.

We followed him only for a few more minutes and then we found ourselves in the dance practice room just above ours. His friends were loudly chatting but shut up as soon as we walked through the door. A boy with large eyes and ashy grey streaks came up to him immediately and pulled him away after a nod to us. They talked quickly, the red streaked boy gesturing over to us occasionally. The taller sighed and nodded. He walked over to us while the red haired boy rounded up the rest. I stared up at the boy in front of us.

“You’re not playing us are you?” he asked and I felt a tinge of annoyance at his question.

“Of course she isn’t,” Nohee said defensively, causing him to turn to her instead.

“And with your natural hair color, I wonder why you’re here too,” he retorted.

“I think I know more about my friend here than you ever will,” she said.

He shoved a hand towards the door, causing a gust of wind to come out of nowhere and slam the door shut. I saw that his eyes turned the same color as his hair color. He stepped forward towards Nohee fiercely, causing me to step in between them and place a hand on his chest quickly, where an icy blast hit him and he quickly backed off.

“If I had known you guys would be like this then I never should’ve gotten my hopes up,” I said, feeling my voice break.

“Wait! Please don’t leave,” I heard the red streaked boy rush up to us just as I was about to open the door.

“Why? You obviously don’t want us here,” Nohee glared at the ash grey boy, who glared right back at her.

“We’re just… not used to it.”

“A girl having powers?”

“Listen, we’ve only been here for a few years but this is the first time we’ve come across anyone else who has these kinds of powers. Please stay. I promise to make that one behave,” he gestured to the boy I had attacked. Nohee shooed him away so we could talk privately.

“Yewon...” she started in that tone I knew so well and I knew what she was thinking.

“Nohee, this might be our only chance.”