Chapter 19

Icey Fire

“Please evacuate all premises immediately,” a voice repeated over the intercom.

Joongjong unlocked the door, gave me one last wave, and disappeared, leaving me alone to struggle against the tape on my hands. The lock from the door and the beeping of the bomb made my heart sink. I realized this could be my end and relentlessly called out Soonyoung’s name, praying he would find me.

“Hyung, she’s on the rooftop! Call everyone here!” I heard Hansol’s voice a few minutes later.

“Hansol?” I yelled.

“Yewon? Hyung, hurry!” he banged on the door. “Yewon, we’ll get you out! Why does it have to be this kind of lock...”

The door was pulled at but didn’t open.

“Bastard took the key with him I bet,” Seungkwan’s voice joined Hansol. I could feel the bomb ticking into my skin and draining my powers away.

“Guys, hurry,” I pleaded. I heard the rest of the members joining in the chaos. Their powers rendered useless against the lock. Myungho seemed to be the only one who could break it.

“Ah, hyung! It broke a bit in my hand!” I heard him shout excitedly. I looked down at the bomb. 15 minutes left. More banging noises were heard, as if he was barreling himself into the door.

“Myungho, I’m counting on you!” Soonyoung’s voice made me a bit calmer. 14 minutes… 13 minutes… 12… the minutes ticked by extremely fast. I could see the door about to break open at the 2 minute mark.

“Everyone, just leave me!” I screamed, having a feeling I wouldn’t make it. I began to cry. “I can’t let you die up here with me!”

I saw the door glowing red. Soonyoung commanded everyone leave the building.

“Yewon, if we die up here, we’ll die together okay?” he said.

“Soonyoung, just leave me here,” I barely managed to get out. 30 seconds left. The door suddenly burst open and Soonyoung’s shocked face mirrored mine. He rushed over to me, yanking the bomb off with brute strength, and threw it up into the air, where it exploded. He shielded me with his body and sighed when it was over. He wiped my tear streaks off my face and hugged me tightly.

“I’m so glad you’re safe,” he choked out. Myungho came rushing up a few minutes later, easily pulling the chains that restrained me and I gave him a hug.

“Thank you so much Myungho,” I said. He patted my head.

“Don’t make Soonyoung hyung cry anymore. You worried us to death.”

“I won’t,” I said, giving the rest of the members a hug and jumped into Nohee’s arms.

“How much of a fight did you put up this time?” I asked.

“Did you like his black eye?” she grinned. “I also kicked him in the crotch with my heels.”

“Let’s go,” Soonyoung said, hoisting me up and carrying me bridal style down the stairs, despite my protests.

“I’m never letting you out of my sight ever again,” he said, giving me a peck on the lips in front of the cameras and we made our way to the limo waiting for us. He set me down and we quietly and quickly piled in, waiting for Seungcheol’s last speech before he too entered.

“Well,” he sighed, leaning back into his seat. “What an eventful first day of work.”