Chapter 11

Icey Fire

I saw my brother intensely staring down Soonyoung across the dinner table and tried to make him stop with my own looks fired at my brother. Soonyoung seemed scared out of his wits whenever he caught Yehyung's eye.

“So Soonyoung,” Yehyung leaned across the table, causing Soonyoung to slowly put down his knife and fork.

“Yes?” he asked calmly. I had been hanging out with them long enough to know that he was still scared inside. It was the same tone of voice he used with Seungcheol when his leader was about to kill him for something.

“What do you do?”

“I’m a uni student, I also major in dance with my friends,” he replied.

“Just like Yewon! What a match!” my mom sighed and I saw Yehyung scanning Soonyoung’s red streaks and then catch my eye. I nodded once, letting him know I’d explain asap. He sighed and continued eating. Soonyoung and I only ate a bit since we had already had dinner (“You went on a date?” my mom was screaming. “Atta boy!” my dad (you’d think he was drunk or something) patted Soonyoung’s back, almost causing him to fall over. Nohee giggled “She was so nervous!” and caused me and Soonyoung to turn red. Yehyung wasn’t amused at all) and we excused ourselves from the table.

Yehyung came in a few minutes after with Nohee.

“Explanation now.”

“You guys gotta get out of here,” Soonyoung said before I could say anything. Confusion creased over my brother and best friend’s faces. I knew who he was referring to and nodded.

“Why should we listen to you when we barely met tonight?” Yehyung aggressively asked, standing up, making Soonyoung stand up too.

“Because your sister trusts me and there’s a power hungry maniac out on the loose right now and he can clone himself.”

“What? Yewon, what happened?” Nohee was curious.

“Our uh date,” I was embarrassed at saying the word myself. “Was interrupted by this so called maniac. We’re all in danger. He knows where we live.”

Yehyung cursed, causing my parents to pop their heads into the room. My mom scolded him. “Now Yehyung, language.”

“Sorry mom,” he meekly replied, making me laugh inside. He turned back to us. “Well what do you suggest we do?”

“He won’t target the hospital. Your parents will be safe,” Soonyoung mumbled, talking more to himself than us at this point. “Nohee and Yehyung will be at risk if they stay here. Ok this settles it. You three will stay with us.”

“What?” the three of us yelled.

“He’s after us. And I think you too Yewon. Our place is protected under a charm. You’ll be safe there. Promise.”

“Wait, what power do you have?” Yehyung blurted out. Soonyoung pointed at him and at the tip of his finger, a flame burst out.

“That should do it right?”

“Yewon, this is insane,” Yehyung grabbed me as I was about to go to my room. “How long have you known this kid?”

“He’s not a kid,” I shook his hand off. “Hey, I had to face this man myself tonight. We aren’t safe. Please trust me.”

He contemplated about it. “What about mom and dad?”

“We’ll just say we’re having a sleepover,” I shrugged.

“Are we seriously gonna do this?”