Chapter 1

Icey Fire

“Just try to live normally?” my friend, Woo Nohee, suggested to me one day. I rolled my eyes.

“Yes, me, a girl with ice powers, live normally? What kind of suggestion is that?”

It was her turn to roll her eyes, something she always did at my sarcasm. “Song Yewon, I can’t do anything about your powers okay?”

I sighed, flicking my fingers lazily towards the water in my cup. It began freezing up before our eyes.

“Don’t worry,” Nohee said before she left. “We’re in this together. Don’t forget about dance practice tomorrow!”

“I won’t,” I sighed again, shutting the door behind her.

I watched as the frozen cup of water began to melt down, a puddle forming around the base.

I’ll introduce myself from here. As you heard my friend, my name is Song Yewon. And yes, I’ve got ice powers. Think of me as Elsa. Nohee is my childhood best friend and been there for me through thick and thin. Especially when we found out I had these powers. Anyway, that’s all fun and games. I was able to control my powers at a young age so I was fine in using them for silly mishaps, such as turning the kitchen into a miniature ice rink.

I still go to school, I’m in university right now along with Nohee, we both major in dance together. My parents work at the hospital so I hardly see them often since they’re busy 24/7 but I love both of them to bits. My older brother Yehyung is in the military but he should be discharged soon. Nohee is my company for now.

How I even managed to get up the next day was a mystery. I slept through my alarm and was a mess when Nohee called me. At least she called me half an hour early like she usually did, just in case I slept in like this.

I finished getting ready and barely managed to arrive to the studios on time. I found Nohee in the corner talking with another girl and greeted both.

“Sleeping through your alarm,” Nohee shook her head as our instructor came in.

“Oh shut up,” I said, knowing that she knew that I was thankful for her waking me up.

After 3 hours of intense dancing, we heard a ruckus outside and saw a huge group of boys running past our room. They all had different colored hair streaks like mine and I caught eye contact with one. He had red streaks in his black hair and slanted eyes with slightly chubby cheeks. He slowed down and we just stared at each other until another boy pushed him forward. I caught Nohee’s eye and nodded.

After another 2 hours, Nohee and I quickly left the studio and grabbed lunch.

“That guy--”

“I think--”

“No way--”

“All of them--”

“Have powers?” we concluded our blabbering with the same words.

“Did you do a headcount?”

“Thirteen,” Nohee said proudly.

“All 13?”

“Each boy had some form of color in their hair.”

I nodded. Our city didn’t have a hairdresser at all. Strange I know right? Dont' ask me why. Everyone had natural hair colors so having a red streak definitely meant something was up.

“Let’s find them tomorrow?” I asked.