Chapter 4

Icey Fire

“Ok so wait, what? Repeat that again.”

Nohee and I were stunned to hear about the boys’ stories.

“Seungcheol is the son of that daredevil guy and goes skydiving for fun,” Jeonghan repeated what he said, laughing at our responses.

“He’s mega rich basically,” Jisoo said. “He can afford to go whenever and wherever he wants.”

“What an amazing leader we have,” Jihoon said sarcastically. Seungcheol rolled his eyes.

“So what do you do Jeonghan?” Nohee turned to the boy. “Actually, can’t you all just say what you guys do?”

“I go around helping people understand animals,” Jeonghan said simply. “If they have no idea what’s up with them, they call me.”

“I tend to the gardens around here,” Jisoo said.

“I’m everywhere because earth is everywhere,” Joonhwi said mysteriously.

“I’m part of fire control in the fire department,” Soonyoung said proudly.

“I’m a magician with Mingyu,” Wonwoo said.

“We’re a team. He moves stuff, I hypnotise, it’s great actually,” Mingyu said.

“I work in vets and hospitals,” Seokmin said happily.

“I’m a stuntman,” Minghao said.

“Sometimes I join Meanie but I’m usually with Seungcheol as his assistant,” Seungkwan said, looking glumly over at his ‘boss’.

“And I help Seungkwan,” Hansol said, throwing an arm around his best friend.

“I’m everywhere as well thanks to my light powers,” Chan said.

“So if none of you guys are related, how on earth did you guys even find each other?” Nohee asked.

“We just did, it was surreal,” Myungho said, the rest nodding along.

“And it must be fate because we found you too!” Mingyu said, resting an arm on my head.

“Why are you thinking such thoughts Soonyoung-ssi?” Seungkwan blurted out randomly, staring at Soonyoung with a smug look, making all of us look at him. The latter turned red.

“I wasn’t thinking dirty thoughts or anything, stop making it sound like I did!” he defended himself, shooting a burst of fire at the boy, who dodged it easily.

“What did we say about using our powers on each other?” Seungcheol sighed.

“Sorry….”

“What did Soonyoung say?” Nohee asked but Seungkwan refused to tell, to Soonyoung’s relief.

“He’s gonna have to man up and ask himself,” he said, making the latter facepalm.

“I’m very curious now,” I said, sliding up to him and looking up at him. He backed away quickly, hiding behind Mingyu’s tall figure instead.

“Fine, don’t tell me then,” I pouted. He seemed disappointed in himself but Mingyu draped an arm over me and Nohee.

“How about I take you girls on a lovely date tomorrow?” he asked.

“I’m coming too,” Wonwoo added in, making Mingyu scrunch his face up at his partner.

“Fine, be that way,” he agreed.