Chapter 10

Icey Fire

“I’m so sorry Yewon, I ruined our date!” Soonyoung said as we followed the rest out of the restaurant after cleaning it up.

“No, no, it’s okay, you didn’t,” I reassured him. “I do want answers though.”

He only nodded and we were back at their place.

“Maeng Joongjong. What a mouthful of a name,” Seungcheol said disgustedly.

“I thought we got rid of all of them that night,” Jisoo said softly.

“I thought we did too,” Chan said dejectedly.

“So who is he exactly?” I asked.

“He’s our sworn enemy. Power is cloning. It’s quite dangerous as you saw tonight,” Seungkwan said.

“What’d you guys even do?”

“Let’s just say he wanted to take over the city,” Jihoon said. “But we stopped him and his twin from doing so.”

“Twin?”

“Without his other half, he’s only half powerful. It used to be way worse than this,” Joonhwi said.

“How’d you kill the twin?”

“A combination of our powers managed to kill his twin but his soul managed to escape to his brother,” Hansol said.

“So this dude is like ¾ powerful rather than ½ powerful,” Chan concluded.

I felt my phone vibrate and checked it.

Bestie: oi where you at?

Bestie: ur bro is home and so r ur parents

Bestie: *cue 2NE1’s Come Back Home*

I laughed a bit and told the boys I’d be off. “Thanks for today Soonyoung, I enjoyed it.”

He insisted on walking me back home but we were stopped when we saw Joongjong. He was standing right in front of my house, staring up at the lights. I rushed forward.

“Stay away!” I fired a shot of ice at him but he easily dodged it.

“Better watch out,” he said sinisterly at us before disappearing in a whirl of dust. Soonyoung caught up quickly and grabbed onto my hand.

“Yewon--”

“Yewon!” another voice screamed out and the front door opened. My mom was standing there with my dad, beaming happily at me.

“Mom, dad!” I was engulfed in their embrace.

“Oh and she’s brought a boy back home!” my mom squealed. I was sure she’d wake up the entire neighborhood if we continued like this so I quickly grabbed Soonyoung and shoved my parents back inside the house before shutting the door. I saw my brother and dropped Soonyoung’s hand, bouncing into his arms.

“Yehyung!” I had been dying to see him ever since he had left. I was so lonely even with Nohee.

“I’m Kwon Soonyoung, nice to meet you,” I saw Soonyoung introducing himself politely to my parents, who were fawning over him.

“Yewon, since when?” my dad asked, eyes wide like my mom’s. I saw Nohee stifle a laugh behind her hand behind them.

“Since when? Oh my gosh, it’s not like that!” I immediately tried to explain but my mom was pinching Soonyoung’s cheek.

“Welcome to the family kid!” my dad roared and patted Soonyoung’s shoulder as I groaned.