Chapter 6

Icey Fire

We didn’t take Wonwoo’s words to heart until we had been out with Seungcheol skydiving, Jeonghan at the zoo (and letting chaos ensue when he accidentally let out a few animals), Jisoo and Junhui at the gardens, Jihoon at the beach, Seokmin at the vet as his assistants, Myungho at a set replacing a stunt double, and chilling with the maknae line at home, watching them go wild with their powers (aka Chan changing the colors of the lights, Hansol randomly disappearing, and Seungkwan getting confused whenever he tried reading Nohee’s mind because she purposely confused him). We still attended uni and dance practices in between.

“Why do girls have to be so confusing?” Seungkwan grumbled as he attempted to read my mind.

The boys invited us over to their place one afternoon, where I entertained them by creating snowflakes and letting them float down from the ceiling. Their hallway turned into a skating rink, resulting in poor Chan slipping and falling on his bottom as soon as he stepped out of the bathroom.

I chatted with the members as I lazily let my powers loose around the house, to the rest’s delight, becoming 5 year olds at the sight of the pile of snow in front of them.

Nohee shook her head at them. “Such children.”

In reply, a snowball hit her in her face and it became a warzone. I chilled in my own little ice shield, which was broken easily by Soonyoung’s fire powers.

“That’s cheating!” I said, running after him, throwing snowballs from my hands. One hit the back of his head and he slipped on the ice in the hallway, causing him to stop and make me stumble too. I fell right on top of him, both of us smiling and breathing heavily. I could feel myself staring into his eyes and suddenly snapped back to reality when I realized it was only the two of us inside the hallway (thank goodness). I fell off of him and sat up.

“Sorry to make you fall,” he said, helping me up. I saw a slight flush on his cheeks, from our moment or from the cold, I wasn’t too sure myself.

“It’s okay, don’t worry,” I said. Chan came in, his eyes zooming in directly down and went wide. I glanced down and noticed that Soonyoung and I were still holding hands and quickly jumped back, causing me to bump my head against the wall.

“Ouch!”

“HYUNG! HYUNG! CHEOL HYUNG!” Chan began screaming. “SOONYOUNG AND--”

He was cut off by Soonyoung covering the maknae’s mouth. Dragging the poor boy over, he came over to me and rubbed the back of my head, looking at me with genuine concern.

“Are you alright?” he asked.

“I’m fine don’t worry,” I said, forgetting for a moment that Chan was giving us a weird look as we interacted. To our horror, Seungcheol came in, and chaos ensued. From my point of view, Soonyoung was leaning in very close to me as he rubbed my head, blocking me from view of anyone who came into the hallway. He was also holding Chan at an odd angle, all while keeping the kid’s mouth shut. From Seungcheol’s point of view, it looked like Soonyoung and I were doing something all while Chan was giving him a ‘save me’ look.

“WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?” Seungcheol bellowed, causing me to jump again and hit my head once more, Soonyoung jumped and released Chan, and look at his leader with a bewildered and very red face.

“Hyung, it’s not what it looks like!”