Chapter 30

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the Chapter: Until The End of Time by Justin Timberlake ft. Beyoncé
———————————————————
After the confirmation of our relationship, things have indeed change. Two days after the news of our relationship, I was walking on my way to the office when I think a couple of fans recognized me. Then slowly, a crowd started to gather and I had to call help from the hotel to me out. I was thankful that the staff from my usual coffee shop let me stay inside while I waited for my .

Mark and I had an argument that day when reports of me getting mobbed reached him. I was in my office trying to catch my breath after the scary incident that I just had. I then reached for my phone when it started ringing,

“Babe are you okay? I heard what happened.” I let out a sigh of relief as I didn’t even realized that I’ve been wanting to hear his voice.

“I’m okay. A little shaken but I’m okay.” I breathed out.

“Thank god. Listen, I don’t want you walking to and from work from now on. It’s too dangerous.” I closed my eyes for a bit as I agree to what he said.

“For that matter, I want you to get a driver. Add in a bodyguard while you’re at it.” I was ready to tell him that a driver is not necessary but then he threw in a bodyguard as well.

“Wait wait hold up. A BODYGUARD? NO no. I won’t have someone trailing me and breathing down my neck. I am not getting a driver as well. I can drive properly on my own, thank you very much.” I said in a humph.

“Anna, please don’t be difficult. I don’t want us arguing over this.” He said starting to sound equally as frustrated as I am.

“Then don’t. You are being ridiculous. I just had one incident. ONE. I agree that I can no longer walk around freely and I am willing to adjust to that. But a bodyguard? No way!” I responded not backing down from this argument.

“Ugggh, why do you have to be stubborn. For a billionaire heiress you sure is very cavalier with your security.” I cannot deal with him anymore and besides I am already 5 minutes late to my meeting.

“Let’s just discuss this later.” I bid him goodbye without actually resolving anytime. 

I had someone pick my car from my apartment so it was at the parking when I leave for the day. After I stewed for a bit, I totally get where Mark is coming from. I know that he is just worried for my safety but having people trailing around me is weird and I don’t think it’s that necessary. I had bodyguards when I was younger but I despise them when I started college and I had to put my foot down and told my parents that I no longer need one.

Feeling awful that we had to fight about it, I cooked him grilled beef and made tiramisu for dessert. 
I check the clock and Mark is about to be arrive in no minute.

“Anna, I’m home.” I hesitantly meet him in the hallway but then the sight of him made me burst out in laughter.

“What is this?” I asked as I touch his ramen(?) hair.

“It’s for the shoot. Forgive me?” He suddenly bring out a bouquet of flowers as he apologize.

“I’m sorry too.” I said as we share a kiss after I take the flowers from him.

That night we learned how to compromise. I explained to him my apprehension about the bodyguard and I had to promise to him that if I’m too tired, I’ll have one of the staff to drive me home. He stayed that night and I realized why they say make-up is the best.

The next few days, Mark and I hosted his friends Randy and Calcy who’s visiting Seoul before joining Mark in Australia. Originally I was supposed to join them but because of the recent events, I opted out.

“Bye guys! Don’t have too much fun, okay?” I said as I bid Randy and Calcy before they leave for the airport. Mark’s also here to pick them up.

“I can’t believe you’re not joining us. It would’ve been more fun.” Calcy said as she give me a hug goodbye.

“I know. But I’m too swamped with work anyway.” I said as we break apart. Mark then approached me and bent down to give me a kiss.

“Bye babe. Don’t work too hard. Drive safely okay?” I nodded as I give him a hug. I already bid Mark a proper goodbye earlier but I badly wanted to join them. I’ll be visiting Youngjae after I got off from work as he is not joining them because of his back problems.

“Oppa annyeong.” I greet Youngjae’s older brother as he opens the door for me. “I brought food have you guys eaten?” I ask when I hear Coco barking and see Youngjae coming out of his room.

“Noona annyeong!” I wave at him as oppa take the food from my hands as I crouch down to pet Coco.

“Coco-yah jal jinae?” I ask as she continue to run around chasing my hand. We always joke that I am Coco’s stepmom and that Mark and I might petition for custody.

I had a wonderful time catching up with Youngjae. Although his back is still acting up, the therapy and treatment is working a lot. The rest of the week flew by so fast as I visited the Jeju site for two days and we’ve finally moved into our new office building during the weekend. As usual when Mark is on a trip abroad, I am glued to my phone waiting for his calls. 

But when Monday rolled in, I feel like I am plunge in a never ending nightmare again. A malicious article about me and my family was released. This time, I stayed inside my house as the same team that handled the initial article came in to do damage control. My parents, especially my mom, is so distraught over the article that they both packed their bags and jump on a plane to here.

“Babe?” I answered Mark’s call without speaking at first as I contemplate what else can I say to him.

“Hey.” I said after awhile.

“I’m sorry I’m not there.” He said quietly as I hear the tinge of somberness in his voice.

“Babe, I’m okay. I mean we’ve expected that something like this will come up. I-I-I’ll just deal wth it. Just focus on your shows.” I said as although I am in disbelief that someone would go as low as this and fabricate stories, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter