Chapter 11

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz

——————————————————————

I’m not sure if it was just my imagination but I swear I felt my hands shaking as I drove to JYPE building. It’s a little past 1 in the afternoon and I skipped lunch as I was too nervous for today. In fact, I didn’t come in to the office at all. 

Seung-hoon oppa was waiting for me at the basement parking and together we met up with Mark before going to JYP PD-nim’s office. 

“Are you feeling okay? Mark’s waiting for us upstair and if you guys are ready, we can proceed to PD-nim’s office.” Seung-hoon oppa rattled off but honestly, I wasn’t listening. I was too busy trying to keep myself calm that I can’t really process all that he was saying. After a brief elevator ride, we got off and he directed me towards what I assumed as one of the practice rooms.

When he opened the door, Mark immediately started walking towards me. The room was empty except for him so I guess the other members were somewhere else. I hugged him tightly once we reached each other. As we separated, he kept on rubbing my shoulders trying to reassure me.

“You okay?” Mark asked and I pretended to be okay and just nodded in response. “Yeah I think so. I just want to get this over with.”

“Mark, Anna, we need to go now.” Seung-hoon oppa said and we nodded in acknowledgement. Mark held my hand as we both walked out of the room. Not long after, we arrived in front of PD-nim’s office. Seung-hoon oppa went inside first but he called us in almost right after.

As we entered the office with me following behind Mark, we greeted JYP PD-nim.

“Annyeonghaseyeo.” I greeted quietly as he stood up from his chair and round up standing in front of us.

“PD-nim, this is Kim Anna-ssi.” Seung-hoon oppa introduced me to the famed Park Jin Young.

“Ah neh, choisonghaeyo. We weren’t properly introduced. I am Kim Anna the acting general manager of Serenity Hotel.” I said in a firm tone as I tried to hide the nervousness in my voice. What he did next shocked me.

“Anna.” JYP PD-nim uttered my name with I felt like a tinge of melancholy. “It’s really you; Kim Min Jun’s Anna.” He continued as he brought his hands towards my face. By reflex, I took a step back as I recover from the fact that he said my biological father’s name.

“How did you know my father?” I asked but more like demanded as I felt my heart beating faster and tears started to form in the corners of my eyes.

“Majayo. It really is you Anna.” He said as he smiled with tears falling from his eyes. Unnerved, I stepped back further, moving out of his presence.

“I’m sorry PD-nim but I don’t understand what is happening? Please do you know my father?” I pleaded as I tried by best not to cry as breathe harder.

 “Anna-yah. Kim Anna.” He kept repeating my name as his eyes started to water. I was getting confused as I saw the look of bewilderment from Mark and Seung-hoon oppa.

“Anna-yah, it’s me. It’s samchon.” He said in a begging tone as more tears started to fall down his face.

“Seolma.” That was all I can say as memories long forgotten slowly resurfaced as I took deep breathes bracing myself with the onslaught of memories.

“Anna-yah. I have a gift for you.” A man right around my father’s age said to me as he entered our living room. I immediately perked up seeing him.

“Samchooon! You’re here.” I shrieked in delight as I ran to him jumping as he caught me and spun me around.

“Waaah, you’re getting bigger.” He said as he laughed. He brought me closer carrying me as I wrapped my tiny arms around his neck hugging him.

“Of course samchon, I’m six now.” I proudly said to him.

Another memory flashed through.

“Samchoooon!” An eight years old me ran inside what seems to be a studio. I stopped mid-run as I looked around the room, fascinated by all the equipments.

“Ah Anna-yah, wasseo? Ne appa odiseo?” A man I called samchon crouching to reach my level asked as I turned around and pointed at my father.

The a different memory resurfaced.

I was standing on a chair to reach the telephone as I waited for someone to answer my call. I was nine and I was spending the summer with my dad.

“Yoboseyo.” A lady answered on the other end as I twirl the cable of the phone.

“Yoboseyo. Is my samchon there?” I asked the lady looking for my ‘uncle’.

“Eo, annyeong. Is there someone with you there? Do you know the name of your uncle?” I smiled nodding as the lady asked me really nicely.

“Neh, my samchon is Park Jin Young. Do you know him?” I asked hopefully.

As I went through those memories, I didn’t realized that I was crying hard hiccuping every now and them. I looked up towards the man who was like an uncle to me growing up. I took a step closer as I stared at his face as he tried to wipe away his tears trying to reacquaint myself to his features.

“You bought me a bike when I was six.” I said softly as my voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter