Chapter 24

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Little Things by One Direction

————————————————

I woke up instinctively feeling the space beside me and I opened my eyes and looked around the room finding Mark standing in front of the glass windows. Sigh. I feel like I can never get over this. It feels like a dream waking up to him. Biting my lip, I stood up and walked quietly towards him hugging and resting my cheeks on his back.

“Good morning.” I whispered as I felt him hold my hands kissing it. I let go of him as he turned around to face me but then he kissed me suddenly. I’ve been addicted to his kisses ever since the first time I tasted them. 

“Now that is a good morning.” Mark said smiling as I mirrored his action. “Come on, let’s have breakfast. I got you your favorite kouign amann.” Mark said pulling me towards the dining area. I savored the moments like this, just us, where Mark and I can be ourselves. These little things like getting me breakfast or coffee are the reasons why I fell more and more in love with him.

After breakfast, we immediately started preparing to leave for my parents’ house. Mark and I we’ll be staying there for the night and then he’ll be flown out tomorrow morning to the tarmac where the jet is waiting before they’ll pick up the rest of the boys in Washington enroute to Chicago for their next show. Me on the other hand will spend more days with my parents and I’ll meet up with them in Houston on our way to Los Angeles.

Not long after, we’ve arrived in The Hamptons in my dad’s ancestral home. The 40-minute ride to here was field with laughter as we take in the view on the way. Finally getting off the helicopter, I see my parents waiting for us from the back porch as we landed on my parents’ expansive backyard. 

“Oh honey!” My mommy greeted me with a hug squeezing me tight.

“Hi mom.” Mark greeted my mom giving her a kiss as well.

“How was the flight?” My dad asked me after I gave him a kiss.

“It was great. By the—“ I was interrupted by the pattering of paws as our dogs got let out and started running towards.

“Oh my gosh guys. Hi hi! Hey Governor.” My 9 year old Portuguese Water Dog greeted me as I squatted down to their level. I got Governor right around the time that I established the foundation and he used to live with me when I moved out for college and again after that. Sadly, because of his old age, the vet advised against the long flight to South Korea that’s why he’s back here with my parents. Not to be left out, our 6-year old Giant Schnauzer named Dame jumped on my shoulder effectively sitting me on my . 

“Hey guys, I missed you so much!” I said as I give them kisses and scratching their heads. I then noticed my mom’s newest dog a Bellington Terrier named Blanche is sniffing around Mark as he sat down to its level and offered his hand to be sniffed before he was allowed to pet the dog. It was at this moment that the rest of the dogs noticed him and Governor being the goofy dog that he is, he jumped and nestled his self in Mark’s lap making us laugh out loud.

After having lunch, where my parents gifted Mark and I each a couple Patek Philippe Nautilus watch as a late Christmas gift and after settling down a bit, we set out on the yacht for an afternoon cruise in time for the sunset. We are now lounging on the bow of the boat as Mark is on the phone with his dad.

“Yes dad. We’ll see you soon. Okay, I will. Bye.” I looked at Mark as he ended the call.

“What did your dad said?” I asked as he came closer to me .

“He said he and my mom can’t wait to see you and they checked if there is something particular that you don’t eat.” He explained as I leaned back and snuggled to his side using his arm as pillow.

“I can’t wait to meet your parents as well.” I said as I felt a pang of anxiety knowing that this will be the first time that I am meeting them. 

“They love you already and they haven’t met you yet. It will be great baby.” I don’t know how but he somehow sensed my anxiety and just like that, he made it better.

Not long after the sun starts to set as we watched it from the railing with Mark standing behind me hugging me with a pair of blanket to keep me warm. My parents are on the second floor of the yacht watching the sunset as well. I let out a content sigh as I took a deep breath.

“This is really beautiful baby. I’m glad that we get to spend time with your parents.” Mark said as I stared off the horizon. Sometimes I forget how beautiful the sunsets here. I tilted my head and give him a chaste kiss. 

After witnessing the sunset, we went to Scarpetta Beach for dinner and then finally went home. Retiring for bed, I sneaked into Mark’s room as I get used to sleeping next to him. I think my parents just wanted the pretense that Mark and I sleeps on separate bed despite knowing that wasn’t the case.————————————————
I’m so excited to see Anna again that I was the first one to get out of the car and in the jet the minute that the car was parked. I haven’t seen her in four days as she spent quality with her parents and I’ve been missing her so much despite our nightly video calls. I rushed to her as I saw her standing by the entrance waiting for me.

“I missed you so much.” I said to her after giving her a kiss not caring about the flight attendant on board. She just give me a peck before nuzzling her head on the crook of my neck. 

“Hey hey. Nice to see you. Finally, Mark can now shut up about h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter